Current Affairs Smart-Liners 16th May 2016:
Dear Aspirants, to make it simple here we have given the Smart-Liners of Daily Current Affairs which will help you to revise and it’s easy to keep it in mind. We hope that it will definitely help you in the preparation.
· The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launched a unique initiative to enroll left over population for Aadhaar, in four States and Union Territories, viz., Haryana, Goa, Chandigarh and Puducherry.
· The Supreme Court has upheld the constitutional validity of penal provisions on defamation law, observing that the right to freedom of speech is “not an absolute right“.
· Drugmaker Aurobindo Pharma has received final approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to manufacture and market an aesthetic injection in the American market.
· Sikkim was annexed into India on May 16, 1975 as the 22nd state of the country.
· Section 144 was imposed in Chandigarh today as a precautionary measure ahead of an AAP protest against the Punjab government at CM Parkash Singh Badal's residence.
· Minister of State Jitendra Singh has written to all ministers to implement the 'e-Office' initiative and move to paperless office functioning in a timely efficient manner.
· Alleging that National Investigation Agency has become 'Namo Investigation Agency', Congress leader Anand Sharma on Sunday demanded a Supreme Court monitored probe into the 2008 Malegaon blast case.
· Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said it was the "appropriate time" to impose President's rule in Bihar.
· UNWTO and China to organize First World Conference on Tourism
· United States has activated a land-based missile defence station (Aegis Ashore Missile Defence System) in Deveselu, Romania.
· President Barack Obama criticises Trump's Muslims & wall policy
· Suicide bombing, claimed by IS, kills 37 police recruits in Yemen
· US Secretary of State John Kerry met Sunday with Saudi Arabia’s King Salman for talks on the conflicts in Syria, Libya and Yemen.
· 5 banks led by Bank of Baroda post Rs 6,751-crore loss as bad loans mount
· Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) to close retail banking operations in India
· HDFC Bank Ltd. launched SmartUp, a first-of-its-kind dedicated solution for start-ups in Kolkata.
· Tax disputes worth Rs.5.6L cr pending till Oct '15
· Indonesia bank allows loan repayment in trash
· The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) disbursed Rs.8,200 crore as monthly pension and Rs.47,630 crore as member benefits in 2015-16.
· Reliance Communications makes payments easy
· Amazon may expand its new private-label goods
· Google may face record $3.4 bn EU antitrust fine
· Nintendo CEO TatsumiKimishima has said that the video game company will release feature-length films in the near future.
· 8 Asia-Pacific low-cost airlines form alliance
· The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)inflation positive for 1st time in 18 months
· Facebook Messenger blocked in Saudi Arabia
· Anil Kumble re-appointed ICC Cricket Committee chairman
· Justice Navin Sinha sworn in as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court
AWARDS AND HONORS:
· Indian short film ‘Beti’ to be screened at Seattle International Film Festival
· UN to honour 4 Indian peacekeepers posthumously
· 1st Academy Awards ceremony was held 87 yrs ago
· Actress Celina Jaitly has been honored with the Harvey Milk Award.
· Anjali Chandrashekar, an Indian comes 3rd in UN Poster for Peace contest
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· Stable, synchronized 4-planet system discovered
· According to the latest data released by NASA, April 2016 is the hottest April ever on record.
· Turkey will help Pakistan to modernize its F-16 fleet at a cost of $75 million, a senior Pakistan official claimed.
· India successfully tests Advanced Air Defence interceptor missile, Ashwin:
· Ebola can persist 9 months after recovery: Study
· China launches remote sensing satellite
· Indian Women's Squash team won the silver medal at the 18th Asian Squash Championship in Taipei, after suffering a 0-2 defeat at the hands of the Malaysian Women's team.
· Scottish professional tennis player Andy Murray defeated Serbia's World number one Novak Djokovic 6-3, 6-3 to win his first Rome Masters title.
· Eighteen-year-old Max Verstappen became the youngest driver in F1 history to win a Grand Prix as he finished first at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
· Top-ranked women's doubles pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis rebounded from their last two final losses to clinch the International BNL d’Italia title in Rome.
· American professional tennis player, Serena Williams defeated compatriot Madison Keys 7-6(7-5), 6-3 on Sunday to win her fourth Rome Masters title and the first title in last nine months.
· Playing against the Kings XI Punjab on Sunday, Sunrisers Hyderabad captain David Warner registered his 31st 50+ score, to overtake Gautam Gambhir (30) and Rohit Sharma (30) as the player with most 50+ scores in IPL.
· Olympics qualified sprinter, Sudha Singh set a new national record in the 3,000-meter steeplechase category by clocking 9 minutes and 26.55 seconds in the IAAF Diamond League race in Shanghai.
· Baba Hardev Singh, spiritual head of Sant Nirankari Mission, died in a road accident in Montreal, Canada.
· Indian-Origin Tamil Scholar, Author Cundasamy Kuppusami Dies At 103 In South Africa
For More Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here