Current Affairs Smart-Liners 6th May 2016:
Dear Aspirants, to make it simple here we have given the Smart-Liners of Daily Current Affairs which will help you to revise and it’s easy to keep it in mind. We hope that it will definitely help you in the preparation.
· International No Diet Day
· Lok Sabha passes the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016
· Indian Government has ratified the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) of the WTO
· India’s Supreme Court has upheld new federal rules which require tobacco firms to put bigger pictorial health warnings on cigarette packets.
· DRDO and Ayush Join Hands to Impart Yoga Training to Defence Wing Staff.
· Wi-Fi Service at Vijayawada, Kachiguda, Raipur rail stations.
· Indian Railways creates Non-Fare Revenue Directorate to explore advertising in train coaches:
· CAIPEEX a process to understand Rain Formation in Clouds & impact of Randomized Cloud Seeding:
· Odisha govt to dig one lakh deep bore wells for farmers of the drought-hit areas are able to save their crops at the time of drought.
· Haryana to enact Act to accord statutory status to Sports Council:
· BSNL has registered the highest growth rate in providing new wireless connections during February this year, beating all private operators.
· The Finance Bill, 2016 has been passed in the Lok Sabha.
· H R Nagendra Committee on Yoga Education in Universities submitted its recommendations:
· Goa-based defence shipyard, Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL), launched Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Shaurya at Vasco.
· Zimbabwe is set to print its own version of the US dollar in order to ease a cash shortage in the country.
· Alberta Wildfire: State of Emergency declared by Canada Government.
· India and Iran reached an agreement for the former to pay Iran $6.4 billion in pending oil payments using European banks, India's Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said.
· Brazil is set to get the world's first strictly adults-only sex-themed amusement park.
· Dr. Radha Binod Barman Nominated as Chairperson of the National Statistical Commission:
· Kumar Rajesh Chandra appointed Chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security:
· Sudhir Yadav appointed Tihar DG
· The country’s largest bank State Bank of India has now launched ‘mVisa‘ ,a mobile-based payments solution.
· ICICI Bank signed a MoU to establish a strategic partnership with the New Development Bank (NDB), a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) nations.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
· The scientists and engineers of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration, who detected gravitational waves and reported their discovery in February, have been awarded a $3 million Special Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics.
· Musician Angélique Kidjo and three African youth activist movements have been given Ambassador of Conscience Award 2016.
· President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the 15th set of Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) Niryat Shree and Niryat Bandhu Awards in New Delhi.
· Indian Parashar Kulkarni in the first week of May 2016 won the Commonwealth Short Story Prize for 2016, for the Asia region.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY:
· India has secured ninth position in the 2016 Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index.
· The National Stock Exchange (NSE) is all set to launch a new trade receivable and credit exchange platform for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
· USFDA approves Aurobindo Pharma cholesterol drug
· Snapdeal acquires Targeting Mantra:
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· Twitter launches first APAC business leadership summit in India:
· Gmail, Yahoo data among ‘hundreds of millions’ of hacked accounts on sale for $1
· Google entered into a partnership with telecommunications major Idea Cellular to offer direct carrier billing in India.
· NASSCOM inks MoU with Facebook to develop a product design initiative
· Indian batsman Rohit Sharma inaugurated India's first sports expo in Pune.
· Retired South African gloveman, Mark Boucher is all set to join the Kolkata Knight Riders as their new wicket-keeping consultant.
· Amoj pips Beant for 800m gold; Kiran, Subha win in 200m
· Srikanth slips to World No. 12, Jwala-Ashwini rises to 14th
For More Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here