Daily Current Affairs Updates–25th June 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches 84 smart projects of 2000 crore rupees from 20 cities in Pune:
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched 84 smart projects of 2000 crore rupees from 20 cities in Pune this evening.
· Mr. Modi said Smart City project is not mere allocation of funds but a mass movement.
ADB approved $500 million loan to build India’s longest river bridge across Ganga near Patna:
· The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved 500 million US dollars loan to build a road bridge across the river Ganga near Patna in Bihar.
· Once completed, the 9.8 kilometer long bridge will be India’s longest river bridge.
Nepal bans citizens from working in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya:
· Nepal banned its citizens from working in strife-torn Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya.
· The decision was made at a cabinet meet after 13 Nepali security guards were killed in a Taliban suicide bombing in Kabul.
· Nepali nationals killed in Afghanistan were employed as security guards in the Canadian embassy in Kabul.
· They were killed when militants exploded a bomb in a minibus on 20 June 2016.
FM Arun Jaitley to attend AIIB’s 1st annual meeting in Beijing:
· The first Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank will be held in Beijing .
· Governors and representatives from the Bank’s 57 founding signatories, along with invited observers from international partners, will participate in the two day meeting.
· The theme of the meeting is the Partnership for Infrastructure Development.
· The meeting will connect finance and development professionals to exchange ideas on Asian infrastructure development and regional connectivity.
NEDA to be formally launched in Guwahati on July 13:
· A new alliance of non-Congress parties of the northeastern region will be formally launched in Guwahati on July 13.
· This was stated by Mizo National Front (MNF) president Zoramthanga while addressing the party workers in Aizawl on Friday.
· He said the launch of the alliance called North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) is likely to be participated by BJP president Amit Shah and many Union ministers.
· Zoramthanga said NEDA would support the NDA government at the Centre.
· He said at least 10 non-Congress parties met in Guwahati recently to draft the constitution for NEDA, and MNF is its only member from Mizoram.
· With a view to create awareness about the National Pension System, NPS, and improve subscriber interface, Finance Ministry has decided to observe NPS Service Fortnight from June 27 to July 9 by all the functionaries in the NPS value chain.
· Finance Ministry in a release said these entities would include Points of Presence and the Central Record keeping Agency across the country.
· This fortnight-long campaign is aimed at awareness creation, service orientation and information dissemination along with subscribers registration.
· The NPS was made available to persons in the private and unorganized sector since May 2009.
· Currently, the total number of subscribers under NPS and APY together has reached 12.86 million and AUM is more than Rs. 120,000 Crore.
· In Assam, Petroleum ministry will conduct a road show today in Guwahati ahead of upcoming auction of small oil field.
· Union Petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan has said it will be held in Guwahati for the first time.
· The estimated values of the oil fields are Rs. 30,000 crore.
· Sri Lankan Parliament unanimously passed the Right to Information (RTI) bill with amendments.
· The bill that seeks to restore transparency and good governance in the country was adopted without a vote in the Parliament after two days of debate.
Bangladesh becomes one of the 1st nations to secure loan from China-led AIIB:
· Bangladesh has become one of the first countries to have secured a loan from the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
· The country will get $165 million for a power distribution system upgrade and expansion project.
· The board of the bank approved its first 4 loans totally $509 million to 4 countries yesterday within 6 month's of its establishment.
· The other 3 countries are Pakistan, Indonesia and Takjikistan.
· Yasmin Sooka, the South African Indian-origin lawyer and long-time human rights activist, was appointed to chair a UN commission.
· The commission will monitor the human rights situation in South Sudan and make recommendations for their improvement.
· She will serve together with Kenneth Scott from the US and Godfrey Musila of Kenya on the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan.
· The UN resolved to establish the Commission following calls for investigation into alleged atrocities by both government and rebel forces before an independent South Sudan was carved out of the larger Sudan in 2011.
· Indian sprinter Dutee Chand has qualified for Rio Olympics in the women’s 100metre event after meeting the qualification mark at 26th International Meeting G.Kosanov Memorial in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
· Dutee clocked 11.30 seconds beating the Rio Olympics qualification mark of 11.32 secs.
· She became the first indian woman to qualify for the event since qualification started for the event.
· PT Usha had qualified for the event in 1980 Olympics.
Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar settle for bronze in AIBA qualifiers:
· Indian boxers Vikas Krishan and Manoj Kumar have settled for bronze medals in the International Boxing Association's (AIBA) World Qualifying Tournament.
· At Baku, Azerbaijan, Vikas was declared medically unfit and had to concede his 75 kg semi-final bout against Turkmenistan's Achilov Arslanbek. In the 64 kg division semi-final, Manoj lost 0-3 to reigning European champion Pat McCormack of Britain.
· By reaching the semi-finals, both Vikas Krishan and Manoj Kumar, have already booked their Olympic berths.
· So far, three Indian boxers have qualified for the Olympic Games. Apart from Vikas and Manoj, Shiva Thapa (56kg) has also made the cut, booking his berth in the Asian Qualifiers in March.
· The fourth edition of Pro Kabaddi league will kick start today in Mumbai. The matches will be hosted across seven cities including Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Jaipur, Patna and Delhi.
· Puneri Paltan will take on Telugu Titans in first match today, followed by a clash between season 2 champions U Mumba and the inaugural season champions Jaipur Pink Panthers.
· Season 2 champions U Mumba and rivals Puneri Paltan expressed confidence over their prospects in this season.
· Neil O'Brien, a pioneer of quizzing in India and leader of the Anglo-Indian community, died in Kolkata. He was 82.
· A former member of Lok Sabha, Neil O'Brien was also a three-time nominated Anglo-Indian MLA in West Bengal and an educationist.
· His son Derek O'Brien is an Indian television personality and Member of Parliament for All India Trinamool Congress.
For More Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here