Daily Current Affairs Updates– 11th July 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
For Daily Current Affairs - Click Here
· World Population Day is being observed today. The theme this year is Investing In Teenage Girls.
· This day is observed every year to focus attention on the urgency and importance of population issue.
· China is the world's most populous country with around 1.4 billion inhabitants, but India is set to overtake China by 2022
· India and Kenya signed a number of agreements covering defence, tourism, agriculture and trade, avoidance of double taxation and exemption of Visa for official passport holders.
· A Memorandum of Understanding was also signed in the field of space Technology partnership.
· India would provide concessional credit of 60 million dollars for power transmission project to Kenya.
· Mr.Modi also announced that India has donated an indigenous cancer treatment machine BHABATROM.
· An MOU on defence cooperation was also signed, allowing for the greater staff exchange, training, cooperation in hydrology and supply of equipment.
ü Kenyan President --Uhuru Kenyatta
ü Kenya Capital —Nairobi
ü Kenya Currency- Kenyan shilling
India, Tanzania signed five agreements:
· India and Tanzania inked five agreements to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two nations.
List of MOUs/Agreements
Ø MoU on Cooperation in the field of water resource management and development between the two countries.
Ø MoU on Visa waiver agreement for Diplomatic/Official passport holders between the two countries.
Ø Agreement on Joint Action Plan (JAP) between National Small Industries Corporation of India (NSIC) and Small Industries Development Organization Tanzania (SIDO).
Ø MoU for Establishment of Vocational Training Centre at Zanzibar.
Ø LOC of 92 million US dollar for rehabilitation and improvement of water supply system in Zanzibar.
ü Tanzania’s President John Pombe Joseph Magufuli
ü Capital: Dodoma
ü Currency: Tanzanian shilling
Maharashtra Police launches four apps to strengthen public security system:
· In order to strengthen public security system, Maharashtra police has launched four mobile apps for timely intervention into emergency situations.
Four applications are:
ü Police Mitra,
ü Vahanchoritakrar and
ü Railway helpline app
· Launched by Chief Minister DevendraFadnavis in Nagpur
· Meghalaya Governor V.Shanmuganathan inaugurated the launch of PradhanMantriSurakshitMatritvaAbhiyan (PMSMA) in the East Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya at a programme organized by the office of the District Medical & Health Officer, East Khasi Hills District, under the aegis of the National Health Mission.
· The inaugural programme was followed by a daylong Free Medical Camp for Pre-Natal and Post-Natal care which was availed by hundreds of women and children.
ü PMSMA Scheme is a new initiative of the central government aimed at boosting the health care facilities for pregnant women especially the poor.
ü The scheme provides that pregnant women would be given health check-up and required treatment for free on the 9th of every month in all government hospitals and health centers across India.
ü Capital – Shillong
ü CM – MukulSangma
ü Governor – V. Shanmuganathan
Auto Ingress sets up first assembly unit in Tamil Nadu:
· Auto Ingress, Manufacturing Company of automatic sensor doors has set up its first assembly unit at Chennai (Maraimalai Nagar) with an investment of about Rs 12 crore.
· The unit, set up at SIPCOT Industrial Park, is spread across 20,000 square feet and will produce automatic sensor doors priced between Rs 50,000 and Rs 3 lakh per unit.
· The factory will have an initial capacity of producing 4,000 units a year operating in a single shift, he said. The company plans to convert the factory into an automatic operator manufacturing plant in coming years.
ü Capital – Chennai
ü CM – J. Jayalalitha
ü Governor – Mr.Rossaiah
· In order to produce and procure high quality seeds for cultivation and generate employment in the state, A seed processing unit will be set up in Jammu & Kashmir to help farmers.
· Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh to set up the first-ever modern and exclusive seed processing unit in Jammu and Kashmir will be set up at Kathua.
· Kathua is an important nucleus center of his parliamentary constituency and in the last two years, it is credited for having been bestowed with several “firsts” in the state
ü Capital – Srinagar (Summer) , Jammu (Winter)
ü CM – Mehbooba Mufti
ü Governor – N. N. Vohra
Hemis festival to begin in India on July 14:
· The Hemis festival will be held between July 14 and July 15 at the Hemis Monastery in Ladakh.
· The festival honours Lord Padmasambhava, an 8th-century Buddhist master venerated as a 'second Buddha' in some places.
· The largest Thangka (Tibetan Buddhist painting on cotton) will be unfurled this year after twelve years, as 2016 is the Tibetan Year of the Monkey.
· Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s ruling Liberal Democratic Party and its allies on claimed victory in an election for the upper house of parliament National Diet.
· Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's ruling coalition already enjoys a two-thirds majority in the lower house and they needed a super majority in the House of Councillor’s to start a parliamentary motion for changing the constitution.
6.4 magnitude earthquake hits Ecuador's northwest coast:
· A shallow earthquake with a magnitude of 6.4 struck Ecuador's northwest coast.
· US Geological Survey (USGS) said quake was centred near the town of Esmeraldas, northwest of the capital, Quito, at a depth of about 35 km.
· Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not issue a tsunami warning immediately after the quake.
· Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull declared victory in the national election.
· His coalition government will retain power while the opposition Labor Party conceded defeat.
· Reportedly, Turnbull's coalition is expected to win two of the five seats in doubt, enabling it to form a majority government, after having won 74 of the 150 seats in the lower house.
Harry Potter exhibition being held in Belgium:
· A Harry Potter exhibition is being held in Brussels, Belgium from June-end to September.
· The exhibition offers fans a chance to tour the wizarding world, including the Forbidden Forest, and get sorted into Hogwarts houses.
· The exhibition's press officer has said the event was successful even before it began, as one lakh tickets were sold online previously.
· The Farnborough International Airshow 2016 will be held from July 11 to July 17 in the small town of Farnborough, southwest of London.
· The biennial aviation event will showcase 99 types of aircrafts this year, and witness acrobatic performances by fighter jets.
· Business deals worth a record $201 billion were signed during the last edition of the airshow in 2014.
· Nepal’s Parliamentary Hearing Special Committee (PHSC) unanimously endorsed SushilaKarki as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
· Karki has become the first woman to lead Nepal’s judiciary. She will be appointed to the post by President Bidhya Devi Bhandari.
Ramesh Negi appointed as acting Chief Secretary of Delhi:
· The Delhi government appointed Ramesh Negi as the acting Chief Secretary in the absence of K. K. Sharma, who will remain on leave till July 25.
· Negi, who is Principal Secretary in Urban Development Department and is retiring this month end, has been given the charge.
· Negi has been specified the charge after getting the clearance of Lieutenant Governor Najeeb.
· Sanjay Gupta has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL). He is the youngest ever CMD of KRCL.
· Gupta had been officiating as the CMD since November 24, 2015, after the retirement of B P Tayal.
· Prior to his new appointment he was Director (operations and commercial) of Konkan Railway, he also worked as chief mechanical engineer of Konkan Railway.
AWARDS AND HONORS:
· France's Antoine Griezmann won the Golden Boot at EURO 2016 after scoring six goals in the tournament.
· Griezmann's tally is the second highest at a single EURO, behind Michel Platini's nine in France's title-winning 1984 campaign.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY:
Airtel-Aircel 4G spectrum deal cleared:
· The Telecom Ministry has reportedly cleared the ₹3,500-crore 4G spectrum trading deal between BhartiAirtel and Aircel.
· As part of the deal, Airtel acquired rights from Aircel in eight telecom circles including Bihar and Assam.
· Airtel had surrendered 1.2 Mhz spectrum in Odisha before the clearance, as it exceeded the spectrum ownership cap, the report added.
· Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton claimed the 2016 British Grand Prix title of Formula One at the Silverstone Circuit in Silverstone, United Kingdom.
· It is Hamilton’s overall fourth British Grand Prix title after winning it in 2008, 2014 and 2015. He also became the first driver to win the British Grand Prix three times in a row.
· Red Bull-TAG Heuer’s Max Verstappen occupied the second place in the race. NicoRosberg from Germany stood third in the race.
· Earlier on 3 July 2016, Hamilton had emerged victorious in the 2016 Austrian Grand Prix.
Portugal wins Euro 2016 football championship; defeated France 1-0:
· Portugal lifted the Euro 2016 football championship. In the final clash played at Saint-Denis in Paris, Portugal defeated France 1-0.
· Substitute Eder scored in extra-time to give Portugal a win at their first major international title despite losing captain and talisman Cristiano Ronaldo to injury.
· Eder scored the goal with 11 minutes of extra time left to stun France after the host team had dominated the match.
· Britain's Andy Murray clinched a second Wimbledon title and third Grand Slam crown.
· In the final clash, he defeated Milos Raonic of Canada 6-4, 7-6(3), 7-6(2).
· With this win, the world number two added the 2016 trophy to his 2013 triumph at the All England Club and his 2012 US Open title.
SandeepTomar Wins Silver, NarsinghYadav Bags Bronze in Spanish GP
· Indian Wrestlers SandeepTomar and NarsinghYadavhas bagged the silver and spanishgpbronze medals in 74kg and 57kg respectively at the Spanish Grand Prix Wrestling championship held in Madrid.
· In the 74kg category, Livan Lopez of Cuba and ZelimkhanKhadjiev of France won the gold and silver medal respectively.
· However in the 57kg category, ErdenebatBekhbayar of Mongolia won the gold and DartheCapellan of Canada and LevanMetreveli of Spain won the bronze medals.
· British Paralympian Gordon Reid won the first-ever Wimbledon wheelchair men’s singles title, after defeating Sweden's Paralympic champion Stefan Olsson 6-1, 6-4.
· Reid also won the wheelchair men’s doubles title, alongside compatriot Alfie Hewett.
· Wheelchair tennis has featured in Wimbledon since 2001, but 2016 is the first edition to feature men’s and women’s singles.
· AmalDutta, former India player and first professional full-time football coach of the country, died following old age complications. He was 86.
· As a coach, Dutta had introduced new formations including the diamond system the 1990s.
For Daily Current Affairs - Click Here