IBPS PO/MT CWE-VI - Notification FAQ’s:
Dear Aspirants, Recently, IBPS has released the notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers in the bank. At this time you may have many questions in your mind. Here, we are posting the frequently asked questions that were repeatedly asked before by our readers.
1) When will be the exam conducted?
· The Tentative dates for Preliminary Exams are expected to be on 16th, 22nd & 23rd October.
· The Tentative dates for Mains Exam are expected to be on 20th November 2016.
2) When will the result be declared?
· Tentative Date for declaration of Results for Preliminary is expected to be announced in November 2016.
· Tentative Date for declaration of Results for Mains is expected to be announced in December 2016.
· Final results will be declared on April 2017.
3) What is the age criterion to apply in this common written exam?
· Minimum: 20 years and Maximum: 30 yearsi.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1986 and not later than 01.07.1996 (both dates inclusive)
4) What is the educational qualification required for various posts in this recruitment process?
· Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
5) I have given my final year graduation exams but the result has not been declared yet. Can I apply?
· The candidates who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, at the time of interview they need to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 13.08.2016.
6) When will the registration start?
· Registration will start from 26th July 2016 and will end on 13th August 2016
7) I have scored 55% in Graduation. Am I eligible to sit for the exam?
· Yes, you can apply as there is no percentage criterion.
· You just need to be a graduate.
8) What is the cut-off for being recruited?
· There is no fixed cut-off for IBPS Probationary Officer. It depends on the performance of the candidates each year. Your final score is calculated based on your performance in the written test and the interview.
9) Is there a sectional cut-off in the exam?
· Yes, there is a sectional cut-off in the exam. You have to clear every section in order to secure a seat for the Interview.
10) I have cleared the overall cutoff of the exam. However, I could not clear the cutoff for thegeneral knowledge section. Am I still eligible?
· Unfortunately, you are not eligible to move to the interview stage. You must clear the cutoff for each section individually and the overall cutoff as well.
11) Is there a criterion for negative marking?
· There is negative marking of ¼ marks for every wrong answer.
12) Will the marks obtained in Prelims added at the time of final selection process?
· No, Prelims exam is just for qualifying for the Mains. The score obtained in the prelims won’t be considered at the time the final section and in prelims also there will be sectional cut-off.
13) What is the Structure of the exam?
IBPS has introduced some changes in the Mains exam. This will be the first time when the section will be locked for that particular time and students will have to wait before he proceeds.