Current Affairs Smart-Liners 29th August 2016:
Dear Aspirants, to make it simple here we have given the Smart-Liners of Daily Current Affairs which will help you to revise and it’s easy to keep it in mind. We hope that it will definitely help you in the preparation.
· 29th August - National Sports Day to mark Dhyan Chand's b'day:
· The Tourism Ministers of BRICS countries will meet in Madhya Pradesh's temple city Khajuraho for a two-day long conference from September 1.
· The Social Justice Ministry is working on proposals to relax the annual income limit of 'creamy layer' OBCs to Rs.8 lakh against the present Rs.6 lakh limit, according to reports.
· India has been ranked 77th among the 171 countries in the 2016 World Risk Index (WRI).
· Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has launched the Centre's UJALA scheme in the state with the distribution of LED bulbs to the people.
· President Pranab Mukherjee to present national sports awards at Rashtrapati Bhawan- 4 Khel Ratnas awarded in a year for the first time.
· Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated IIT Dharwad (Karnataka), which had started functioning from August 1 with 120 students from a temporary structure.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi today held bilateral talks with Myanmar President Htin Kyaw, assuring him that 1.25 billion Indians will always stand by Myanmar as partners and friends.
· India and the US are targeting to increase their bilateral trade to $500 billion from the current $100 billion annually, a PwC and Indo-American Chamber of Commerce report stated.
· North Korea warns US over 'deliberate provocations’.
· China launches state-owned aircraft engine maker.
· Turkish army kills 35 civilians in Syria.
· Russia lifts ban on charter flights to Turkey.
· China starts cargo train service to Russia.
· Usain Bolt was appointed as 'Chief Speed Officer' by Digicel.
· The State Bank of Travancore Employees Union on Monday urged the Centre not to go ahead with the merger of SBT and other associate banks with SBI, and asked RBI and SEBI to intervene.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY:
· Big Bazaar's e-commerce platform to shut down.
· Tata launches research alliance with global institutes.
· Bharti Airtel cuts 3G and 4G prices by up to 80%.
· LIC to fill posts for 2 MDs, yet to name chairman.
· Morgan Stanley sees 40 million users of Reliance Jio next fiscal.
BILL AND ACTS:
· GST: A high standard rate would impact prices and hamper acceptance:
· President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday night re-promulgated an Ordinance to amend the Enemy Property Act (Eviction of Unauthorised Occuants Act of 1971 pending ratification by Council of States (Rajya Sabha).
· Maharashtra legislature to ratify GST Constitution Amendment Bill.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· NASA ends year long Mars simulation on Hawaii.
· Indian startup to launch smartphone at Rs.501.
· Rain ruins Final T-20 international between India, West Indies.
· Former hockey players protest, demands Bharat Ratna for Major Dhyan Chand.
· Anti-Putin Russian journalist Alexander Shchetinin found dead on his birthday.