Dear Readers, many of our followers has requested detailed explanation for the practice English questions, in order to fulfil their needs, we have decided to provide detailed explanation for the practice English questions. We hope it will help you lot.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B),(C), (D), (E) and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions that follow.
(A) The difference between the price at which the treasury bills are issued and their redemption value is the interest receivable on them and is called discount.
(B) Treasury bills are issued in the form of a promissory note.
(C) It is also known as Zero Coupon Bond issued by the Reserve Bank of India on behalf of the Central Government to meet its short-term requirement of funds.
(D) They are highly liquid and have assured yield and negligible risk of default.
(E) A treasury bill is basically an instrument of short-term borrowing by the Government of India maturing in less than one year.
(F) They are issued at a price which is lower than their face value and repaid at par.
1). Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
2). Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
3). Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
4). Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
5). Which of the following would be the LAST(SIXTH) sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A,), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to from a meaningful paragraph then answer the questions given below them.
(A) People thoroughly dedicated to social service but not fulfilling the eligibility requirements would not be able to contest elections.
(B) Those who fulfill the stipulated criteria of age and formal education may not be necessarily devoted to social service.
(C) This system has both advantages and disadvantages.
(D) Therefore, imposing such eligibility requirements is likely to be counter-productive.
(E) In certain democratic countries, elections can be contested by anybody.
(F) People would be deprived of the probable benefit accrued from services of such people.
(G) There are no eligibility requirements of formal education and upper age limit stipulated in their Constitution.
6). Which sentence should be the FOURTH in the paragraph?
7). Which sentence should be the LAST in the paragraph?
8). Which sentence should be the FIRST in the paragraph?
9). Which sentence should be the SECOND in the paragraph?
10). Which sentence should be the THIRD in the paragraph?
· Treasure bill is the topic in which it is given about.
· Two sentences starts with treasure bill.
· Article 'A' is used for introduction and article ' the' is used for already said things. So 'A treasure bill' might be the first sentence.
· Then the noun is followed by pronoun ' it', So second sentence is 'c'
· Reserve bank issues notes so it follows second sentence, So 3rd sentence is B
· Liquidity is related with funds so next is D
· Liquidity so it is followed by price so next is F And finally remaining one sentence that is A
· It sums up the total passage and give the difference of price and treasure bill
· This passage is about election, eligibility, advantage, disadvantage, sumups
· This passage z about election, eligibility, advantage, disadvantage, sumups
· So first sentence is E which introduces the topic.
· Then G eligibility, Advantage and disadvantage
· Reasons given for advantage and disadvantage in B and A
· Then D sums up the passage
Directions (Q. 1-5)
Directions (Q. 6-10)