Current Affairs Smart-Liners 2nd September 2016:
Dear Aspirants, to make it simple here we have given the Smart-Liners of Daily Current Affairs which will help you to revise and it’s easy to keep it in mind. We hope that it will definitely help you in the preparation.
DAYS TO REMEMBER
· World Coconut Day-2nd September
· Gujarat signs MoU to build small airports
· A two day ‘Regional Editors Conference’ being organized by Press Information Bureau started in Chennai.
· Petroleum companies to hold first international conference on cooking gas in Bhubaneswar
· Solung festival begins in Arunachal Pradesh
· Railway has launched an insurance scheme for passengers travelling on e- ticket.
· Government notifies National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
· The Allahabad High Court has imposed a fine of Rs 1 Crore on Uttar Pradesh government in a land acquisition matter of Loni, Ghaziabad.
· Michel Temer sworn in as new Brazil president
· India improves its ranking from 54 (in 2014) to 35 (in 2016) in World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index
· First BRICS film festival to begin in New Delhi today
· PM Modi leaves for two nation visit to Vietnam & China
· Union Bank rolls out mobile app
· Andhra Bank begins gold bond sale
· CIL& ICFRE Signs MoU for Environment Related Issues in Coal Mining Projects
· RIL to create a Rs 5,000crore fund to invest in tech start-ups
· A software industry veteran AjeiGopal was named the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a leading US company ANSYS on 30 August 2016.
· Anuradha Rao appointed as MD, CEO of SBI Mutual Fund
· Deep Upadhyay re-appointed as Nepal's envoy to India
AWARDS AND HONORS:
· Kiran Mazumdar Shaw Appointed ‘Knight of the Legion of Honour’ by the Government of France
· Jackie Chan to receive lifetime achievement Oscar
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket has exploded in Cape Canaveral,Florida
· ISRO to launch INSAT-3DR satellite on September 8
· West Indies great Courtney Walsh is set to take over as bowling coach of the Bangladesh cricket team on a three-year contract.
· Veteran trade union leader Sharad Rao passes away