Important Facts about Census 2011 – GK Updates for IBPS PO/Clerk/RRB 2016:
Dear Readers, Census 2011 is the most important topic for the competitive exams, definitely we can expect questions from this report. To make you clear here we have given the important facts about the Census 2011. Kindly make use of it.
· CENSUS 2011 is the 15th in an unbroken series since 1871
· It is the 7th Census of Independent India
· Tag line of Census 2011 – Our Census Our Future
· India’s Population is Approx. 17.5 % of World Population
· India is the Second Most Populous Country in the World
· Every 6th Person in the World is an Indian
· India has more than 50% of its population below the age of 25 & More than 65% below the age of 35.
FACTS RELATED TO DISTRICTS:
· Thane (Maharashtra) is the most populated district of India with 1.10 Crore Population.
· Dibang Valley (Arunachal Pradesh) is the least populated district with 7,950 Population.
· Mahe district (Puducherry) has highest Sex Ratio of 1176 females per 1000 males.
· Daman district has lowest sex ratio of 553 females per 1000 males.
· Serchhipp district (Mizoram) has highest literacy rate of 98.76%.
· Alirajpur (Madhya Pradesh) is the least literate district with 37.20% only.
· North East Delhi has the highest density with 37,346 person per Sq. Km.
· Dibang Valley (Arunachal Pradesh) has the least density of 1 person per Sq. Km.
FACTS RELATED TO CITIES:
· Mumbai is the most populated city in India with 1.24 Crore Population.
· Kapurthala (Punjab) is the lease populated city with 99,000 Population.
· Kozhikode (Kerala) has the highest Sex Ratio of 1093 female per 1000 males.
· Bhiwandi (Maharashtra) has lowest Sex Ratio of 709 female per 1000 males.
· Aizawl (Mizoram) has highest literacy rate city with 98.40%.
· Sambhal (Uttar Pradesh) is the least literacy city with 48.20%.
· Maharashtra is having 18 cities with more than 5 lakh population
People Also Visited:
Most Expected GK Questions from Census 2011