Important Tips to Get Pass Marks in English Section in IBPS CLERK VI Prelims Exam:
Dear Readers, most of our IBPSGuide followers are asking tips to clear the English Section in the upcoming IBPS CLERK Prelims examination. Here we have provided more useful and easy tips to get pass mark in the English Section, and this will really help the candidates those who are facing struggle to clear the English Section.
English Language Section Pattern in IBPS CLERK V Prelims Exam:
Number of Questions
Expected Questions in English Section:
1.) Reading Comprehension, Synonyms/Antonyms based on passage (10 Questions)
2.) Cloze Test (5 Questions)
3.) Sentence improvement (5 Questions)
4.) Error Spotting (5 Questions)
5.) Sentence Rearrangement (5 Questions)
· In Reading Comprehension, among the 10 questions, 6 questions will be asked from the paragraph and 4 questions will ask as synonyms and antonyms.
· Orally go through the paragraph, Mostly it will be given about any story reading, so look for the question which is easy to understand, then you can attend minimum 2 questions and directly come to the Synonyms and Antonyms part. Here you can easily get 4 marks.
· To answer the Synonyms and Antonyms questions, daily practice with more English Vocabulary.
Reading Comprehension: Minimum- 5 Marks
· Next Important and easiest part in the English Section is Cloze Test, in IBPS CLERK Prelims we expect 5 questions from Cloze Test. Read the passage carefully and try to related the options with the passage.
· Without filling blanks, read the full passage to know its core
· Then see the options which has minimal tough words try to place it if any
· Degrees of comparison based or prepositions based options carrying answers must be chosen first.
Cloze Test: Minimum- 3 Marks
If you have clear idea about the Basic English Grammar means you can attend this question, otherwise don’t try this. Even though it has many rules, it can be categorized in to 4 major types
1. Check the questions has any error or not by translating it in their mother tongues if while translating, they found struck in some places means it has error
2. then spell check if any
3. tense and voice based
4. preposition, articles and miscellaneous based
However some basic grammar rules will be helpful for you to score 1 or 2 marks
Error Spotting: Minimum -1 Mark
· Sentence Improvement is a moderate part to score mark; IBPS CLERK Prelims consist of 5 Questions from Sentence Improvement.
· Read the questions twice and clearly identify the correct option which was give below. There will be some basic mistakes in the sentence and find the correct option. In this section surely you can score minimum 2 marks easily.
Sentence Improvement: Minimum- 2 Marks
· Here you have to rearrange the jumbled sentence in the correct order, 5 questions will be asked in this model.
· Usually in this type of questions you can easily find the first and last sentence, and we have given detailed tips to rearrange the jumbled sentence in English Section via the link given below, have look on it.
Sentence Rearrangement: Minimum- 2 Marks
Total: 13 Marks
Here if you attended 13 questions and if you answered all the 13 questions correctly means, you will get bonus marks for accuracy.
· Fast Reading practice is very important
· Daily read newspaper, especially editorial page of Hindu. Remember all the repeatedly used tough words
· Read idioms and phrases in newspaper daily and which are used repeatedly.
· Revise tense and its formats
· Active and passive voice formats and its usage
· Be form verbs have form verbs, modals and its usage
· Prepositions articles reported speech, conditional classes
Note: This Strategy was given based on previous year pattern for the candidates those who feel difficulty in English Section.