Here in English Scoring Part we are providing 10 Questions in Reading Comprehension, 5 Questions in Cloze Test, 5 Questions in Error Spotting, total 20 questions in 15 Minutes. By practicing these questions regularly you can increase your calculation speed and it will help you to increase your score.
Directions (Q. 1-10): Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words/ phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to order a cruise missile attack on the Syrian regime on April 6, two days after a town in the rebel-held Idlib province was hit by chemical weapons, has earned him praise even from his strongest critics. The President’s supporters could now defend him better against accusations of him being a “Russian stooge”. But beyond the domestic political dividends, what did Mr. Trump’s Syria strike actually achieve in strategic terms? The popular narrative in the American media is that the President, apparently moved by thegruesome images of “beautiful babies” killed by the chemical attack in Khan Shaykhun, has acted on hisimpulse. He immediately blamed Bashar al-Assad for the gas attack, which he said changed his views of the Syrian President. But Presidents don’t take go to war on an impulse, unless they are pushing their nations into a self-destructive mode. In Mr. Trump’s case, he had stood opposed to military intervention even when a worse chemical attack occurred in Syria. And the high moral ground the administration is now taking over the civilian deaths also appears to be hollow. Weeks before the Khan Shaykhun attack, hundreds of civilians were killed in Iraq’s Mosul and Syria’s Raqqa, both by U.S. jets. So beyond the emotional appeal, there has to be a strategic calculus behind decisions to use force, and more so in the case of Syria where the central military force is currently Russia. Mr. Trump over the last couple of weeks has clearly moved to the globalist wing of the Washington establishment, leaving his campaignrhetoric behind. He’s demoted Steve Bannon, one of the most potent opponents of the globalists, embraced NATO, warmed up to China, and stepped up anti-Russia rhetoric. The Syria strike should be seen as part of this larger trend. For the past three years, interventionists in Washington, both liberal internationalists and neoconservatives, repeatedly called for a “limited action” in Syria, which they said wouldn’t necessarily escalate military tensions between the U.S. and Russia, while at the same time help Washington win back its anti-Assad allies in West Asia who were disappointed with President Barack Obama’s Irandétente. Mr. Trump appears to have played ball with them. But the real risk is that once America enters a battlefield, as the examples at least since Vietnam show, it doesn’t get out of it easily. Mr. Trump may have been able to send out a message that he’s ready to act. But the problem with limited attacks is that those are tactical actions that leave the balance of power on the groundintact while altering the overall political atmosphere drastically.
1.Why President’s supporter can now defend him better against thr accusations of being a Russian stooge?
1. Due to the order a cruise missile attack on Syria.
2. Due to the attack of chemical weapon on rebel-held province in Syria.
3. Due to order of strong action against Russia.
2. According to the passage what can be true?
1. American media claimed that images of beautiful babies killed provoke President to attack on Syria.
2. President shouldn’t take decision of going to a war emotionally.
3. After attack of chemical weapons Trump’s view of the Syrian President became better.
3). “American President took the decision to attack on Syria because of the gruesome images of killed child.” What opposes this sentence?
1. President had stood opposed to military intervention when a worse chemical attack occurred in Syria.
2. U.S. jets killed hundreds of civilian in Iraq’s Mosul and Syria’s Raqqa.
3. President Trump has a violent nature.
4). According to the passage, what would escalate military tensions between the U.S. and Russia.?
1. Action taken against Syria.
2. To support the rebels of Syria.
3. Action against Russian army.
5). What is true regarding passage?
1. Once America enters a battlefield doesn’t get out of it easily.
2. America attacked Syria emotionally.
3. America is a pro- Assad country.
Directions (Questions- 06,07,08): Choose the word/group of words which is MOST SIMILAR in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.
Directions (Questions- 9 to 10): Choose the word/group of words which is MOST OPPOSITE in meaning of the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.
Directions (11-15): In the passage given below there are 5 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Even blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C) and (D). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (E) as your answer if the work given in bold after the blank is your answer i.e “No change required”.
Since a significant proportion of the demand(1)[of] luxury goods and extravagant spending on weddings etc, is driven by black money, the demand for such goods and services will(2)[ failure]. This means a(3)[short] dip in retail sector employment, lower collection of import duties, lower mall rental rates, and higher vacancies and loan defaults on commercial real estate. The frequency of usage of electronic methods – credit and debit cards, Paytm, mobile phone, etc. – will increase both retail and labour markets. Complaints about unauthorised electronic transactions arising(4)[at] misunderstanding, inadvertent errors and malfeasance will also rise sharply. While hackers flood the field,(5)[there] activities will raise the demand for better protections from electronic fraud and hacking of accounts as well as for legal protections for defrauded consumers.
Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (e):-
16. The management must compensating (a)/ in cash for the loss (b)/ of life or limb (c)/ suffered by the workers.(d)/ No Error(e)
17. The judge said that(a)/ the crime was (b)/ motivated by robbery (c)/ and not by racial prejudice.(d)/ No Error(e)
18. Each and every bank were instructed (a)/ to maintain minimum cash(b)/ reserve ratio as per the (c)/ basic three norms.(d)/ No Error(e)
19. Congress dissidents and a wide range(a)/ among the opposition have mounted(b)/ a campaign to has(c)/ the president renominated.(d)/ No Error(e)
20. Laws are made to secure the (a)/ personal safety of the its (b)/ subjects and to prevent(c)/ murder and crime of violence.(d)/ No Error(e)