List of Expected GK Questions from Rio Olympics 2016:
Dear Readers, Rio Olympics has been completed successfully, we can expect more GK questions from this event in the upcoming IBPS PO/Clerk Exam 2016 in the upcoming IBPS PO/Clerk Exam 2016. Our IBPS Guide Team has provided the list of Expected GK Questions from Rio Olympics 2016. Kindly make use of it.
1.Which is the host country of 31st edition of Summer Olympics?
2. How many countries participated in the Rio Olympics 2016?
3. How many sporting disciplines were held during the Summer Olympics 2016?
4. What is the theme and motto of 31st Summer Olympics?
Answer:World Peace and Environment is the theme and A New World is the motto
5. Name the Mascot of Rio Olympics 2016?
6. Who is the Indian Flag Bearer at the opening ceremony of 31st summer Olympics on 5th August, 2016?
7.Who is the first Indian medallist at Rio Olympics?
Answer:Sakshi Malik (Bronze, 58 Kg Freestyle Wrestling)
8. Who is the first Indian Woman to win a Silver medal and the first Indian shuttler to reach the Final?
Answer:PV Sindhu(Silver, Women’s Single Badminton)
9. How many Indian Athletes participated in 31st Summer Olympics, Brazil?
10. Which is the Largest Olympic Team of 2016 Rio Olympics?
Answer:USA (554 athletes)
11. Which is the Smallest Olympic Team of 2016 Rio Olympics?
Answer:South Pacific Nation of Tuvalu (1 athletes)
12. Who won the first Gold Medal at Rio Olympic?
Answer:Virginia Thrasher (Women’s 10 meter air rifle, USA)
13. Name the athlete who won highest Individual Medal at Rio 2016?
Answer:Michael Phelps (Swimmer) (6 Medals: Gold- 5, Silver-1, USA)
14. The countries who won their first-ever medal at Olympics were
Answer:Fiji, Jordan and Kosovo all of them claimed gold
15.Which country topped the medal tally at Rio Olympics 2016?
Answer:USA (46 Gold, 37 Silver and 38 Bronze)
16. Who is the Youngest athlete of 2016 Rio Olympics?
Answer:Meet Gaurika Singh (13-Year Old, Swimmer, Nepal)
17. Who is the Youngestathlete to win Gold Medal?
Answer:RenQian (15-Year Old, Women’s 10m Platform Diving Event)
18. What are the New Sports Events at Rio Olympics 2016?
19. Who is the India’s Flag-bearer at Closing Ceremony at Summer Olympics 2016?
20.Headquarter of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) is located at
21. Who is the President of Indian Olympic Association (IOA)?
22. Who is the General Secretary of Indian Olympic Association (IOA)?
23. In which stadium the Opening& Closing Ceremony of 31st Rio Olympics held?
Answer:Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
24.Headquarter of International Olympic Committee (IOC) is located at
25. Who is the President of International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
More Important GK Study Materials:
Rio Olympics Came to an End After 16 Days of Sporting Spectacle
All About Public Sector Banks in India- Heads-Headquarters& Taglines