Time Management plays a major role in most of the competitive exams. It is considered to be more important in the case of the banking prelims exam. We are sure that you have started your exam preparation for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 by now. If you want to score more marks, you should know how to manage your time during the prelims exam.
A candidate who has good time management skills is more likely to crack the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 exam than the candidates who don’t. Once you decide to become a banker, you have to master the time-management proficiency first.
IBPS Clerk Prelims is scheduled to be held on 8, 9 and 15th of December 2018. You all know that sectional timing is introduced this year and so you will get only 20 minutes to attempt each section. In such case, aspirants need to attend maximum questions in minimum time by planning a good exam strategy.
General Time-Management Tips:
- Try to learn the short tricks to solve lengthy questions while preparing for the prelims.
- Know about your strong and weak areas of each section.
- Prelims exam has 100 questions that carry 100 marks. Therefore, you have less than 30 to 35 seconds to solve each question. Keep this real fact in your mind so you will be inattentive at all-time.
- Maintain your speed and accuracy throughout the practice period as it helps you to score better the real exam.
- Aspirants want to be good at question selection (which questions need to be attempt first and which are to be at last) during the exam.
- Focus on to solve the questions that you are sure about. If you are not able to understand any question, just skip it.
- Don’t get stuck on any question. You should answer only if you are completely sure. Avoid any kind of guesswork.
- Skip the questions you are not able to solve it at first and come back later if you have spare time.
- It is good to take a look at previous year questions so you will get some awareness regarding the types of questions that may appear in the exam.
- Begin with topics like Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense, Blood Relation, Order & Ranking, Syllogism, Inequalities.
- Attempt the Seating Arrangement and Puzzle type questions which are easier and less time-consuming. These questions should be attempted at the end after attempting half of the section. Then, if you have further time, you can solve the remaining moderate level questions of puzzle and seating arrangement topic.
- Attempt the easy scoring topics like Approximation/Simplification, Quadratic Equation, and Number Series.
- Then, try to attend Data Interpretation questions. But there will be at least 2 questions out of 5 in each set which take hardly a minute. So you have to find out those questions and attempt it first. This sort of observation comes only after a lot of practice. Then try to attempt quantity based questions if asked.
- Finally attempt the miscellaneous topics like ratio & proportion, speed & distance, time & work, ages and a lot more. So you have to attempt the questions first which are from your strong topic. After that, if you have time then increase your number of attempts.
- Attempt the easy-solving questions where high accuracy is possible like Cloze Test, Fillers.
- Then, you have to prefer topics like Phrase Replacement, Error Spotting, and Sentence Improvement.
- Reading Comprehension – Approach the synonyms and antonyms questions first. If you have time, you can move on to passage related questions.
- Para Jumbles – In a short time, you can find the first or few other sentences with a clue word. So promptly attempt those 1-2 questions at least out of 5.