Current Affairs 11th January 2018:
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
Current Affairs: State
Supreme court issues notice to Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan:
- The Supreme Court on Thursday issued a notice to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in the corruption case involving three hydel power projects in the state.
- The Case is for the corruption made while he was a Power minister of kerala.
Current Affairs: National
7 Years Jail for Benami:
- The Income Tax Department today warned people to “keep away” from benami transactions, those who are involving in such cases consider as criminal prosecution and rigorous imprisonment up to seven years.
- The tax department attached benami assets worth Rs 1,833 crore across the country, issued 517 notices and made 541 attachments, from November 1, 2016 to October 2017.
Indian Railway Launches SFOORTI Application:
Railway Ministry has launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers that provides facilities for monitoring and managing freight business using Geographic Information System (GIS) Views.
Union Railway Minister
Maharashtra ( Rajasabha)
Current Affairs: International:
US Asks its people to avoid J&K, travel India ranked Level-2:
- The US has issued a new travel advisory in such statement India has been ranked Level 2 (exercise increased caution) while Pakistan has been places in Level 3 (reconsider travel).
- However, it asks Americans not to travel to Jammu and Kashmir, except for eastern Ladakh and Leh and not to venture within 10 miles of the India-Pakistan border due to the “potential for armed conflict”.
|US Capital||Washington, D.C|
Srilanka lifts the ban for Liquor Drinking Women:
- The Sri Lankan government on Wednesday said that it would allow women over the age of 18 to buy alcohol legally for the first time in more than 60 years.
- The government added that it was amending a 1955 law terming it “discriminatory against women”.
|Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte(Administrative)
Current Affairs: Banking And Finance
Kotak Mint its own Bitcoin KodakCoin:
- The partnership with Wenn Digital for KodakCoin is part of a broader initiative called KodakOne.
- This platform will enable both amateur and professional photographers to sell their work on a secure blockchain network and receive payment immediately using KodakCoin.
Current Affairs: Business:
Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Invest $1 bn venture capital fund:
- Leading Car manufactures The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance said it is setting up a venture capital fund that plans to invest as much as $1 billion over next five years.
- It is set to be largest corporate venture capital fund in the auto industry over the period until 2022
- It will be 40 percent financed by Renault SA, 40 percent by Nissan Motor Co Ltd and 20 percent by Mitsubishi Motors Corp.
Current Affairs: Appointment
Dr Sivan K Appointed as New Chairman ISRO
- Dr. Sivan K was appointed as the 9th chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). He has replaced A.S. Kiran Kumar.
- The appointment has been made for the tenure of three years.
- Previously Sivan was the Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Kerala.
Sunny Verghese Appointed WBCSD Chairman:
- Indian-origin businessman Sunny Verghese has been appointed as the Chairman of the Geneva-based World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
- Verghese is a Co-Founder and the CEO of Singapore’s agri-business group Olam International Limited, is the first WBCSD Chair from the agri-sector.
Current Affairs: MoU
MoU between India and Canada:
- India and Canadasigned an agreement for cooperation in the field of Science & Technology.
- The MoU will provide a mechanism and help to foster scientific cooperation between R&D and academic institutions of India and Canada.
|Prime Minister||Justin Trudeau|
Gujarat and South Korea MoU for Business Cooperation:
- South Korea and the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) signed a MoU for the development of industries in Gujarat.
- The main objective of the MoU is to help Gujarat-based small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to explore opportunities through joint ventures with South Korean firms, especially in areas of automobile, defence and textiles.
|Governor||Om Prakash Kohli.|
|South Korea Capital||Seoal|
|Prime Minister||Lee Nak-yeon|
Current Affairs: Science
Countdown Begins for ISRO’s 100th Satellite Launch:
- ISRO has started 28 hour Countdown for its 100th Satellite ‘Cartosat-2’ from the space port of Sriharikota.
- Indian Space Research Organization’s (ISRO ‘PSLV-C40’ will carry the weather observation ‘Cartosat-2’ series satellite and 30 other satellites.
- “The 28-hour countdown activity of PSLV-C40/Cartosat2 Series Satellite Mission has started at 05.29 hours IST today.”
Current Affairs: Sports
IOA Appoints Harjinder Singh as ‘Chef de Mission
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) appointed Harjinder Singh as the ‘Chef De Mission’ for the 23rd Winter Olympic Games which is going to held at Pyeongchang, South Korea in February 2018.
- At present Harjinder Singh is acting as the General Secretary in the Ice Hockey Association of India.
Narinder Dhruv Batra.
Worlds Richest Person: Jeff Bezos
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, CEO of Amazon Jeff Bezos has become the richest man in the history, overtaking Bill Gates.
- The Index showed that Bezos’ net worth had hit USD 105.1 billion.
- The index mentions Mukesh Ambani as the richest Indian and the 20th richest person in the world.
- Ambani’s net worth is USD 41.2 billion.