Current Affairs 31st January 2018:
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Environment Minister has Launched Mihir Super Computer:
Environment Minister Harshvardhan launched high-performance computer system ‘Mihir’ in Noida which has the high capacity of 2.8 PetaFlop.
|Union Minister of Earth Sciences
||Dr Harsh Vardhan
1st Khelo India School Games is Launched by PM Modi:
- The first Khelo India School Gamesis launched by PM Modi at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi. The Khelo India programme has been introduced to save the sports culture in India from the school level.
- Union government allotted annual financial assistance of Rs. 5 lakh per annum for 8 years. The Khelo India School Games are being held from 31st January to 8th February 2018 in New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Chinese volunteers complete 200 days on virtual Moon base ‘Yuegong-1’:
- Four Chinese students have successfully completed 200 days living in an isolated “lunar lab” to simulate a long-term space mission.
- Four students crammed into a 160-square-metre (1,720-square-foot) cabin called “Yuegong-1”.
Raila Odinga declared himself as the “people’s president”:
Kenyan Opposition leader Raila Odinga on Tuesday declared himself as the “people’s president” and took oath at a ceremony in the capital city of Nairobi.
China drawing up “battle plan” against smog:
China is currently drawing up details of a new “battle plan” to curb pollution over the 2018-2020 period.
PM Modi to open India-assisted diplomat centre in Palestine:
- During Indian PM visit to Palestine Narendra Modi will inaugurate Palestine Institute of Diplomacy.
- It has been set up with Indian assistance of Rs.6 crore.
- PM Modi will be the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Palestine.
| Palestine Capital
||Israeli new shekel, Egyptian pound, Jordanian dinar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Door-to-door waste collection in Gurugram wards start by March:
- The door-to-door waste collection service which is in force in parts of Gurugram is likely to be extended to all wards by March 31.
- The scheme was started in December, is currently in force in 11 wards.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India Ranks 6th In The List Of Wealthiest Countries:
- According to a report by New World Wealth, India has been ranked sixth in the list of wealthiest countries with the total wealth of 8,230 billion US dollars. The list was topped by the United States of America.
- India was the best-performing wealth market globally in 2017 by registering a 25% growth.
India becomes world’s third-largest steel producer :
- India has overtaken the US to become the world’s third-largest steel producer.
- Country’s crude steel production grew by 6.2% to 101.4 million tonnes, MT, in 2017 compared to 95.5 MT in 2016, according to the report by World Steel Association.
- China lead the table followed by Japan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : APPOINTMENTS
S.K. Joshi appointed new Chief Secretary of Telangana
- Shailendra Kumar Joshi, Special Chief Secretary, Irrigation, was appointed the new Chief Secretary of Telangana.
- Joshi will be taking charge as the fourth Chief Secretary of Telangana State.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : BANKING AND FINANCE
Axis Bank Launches 4th Edition Of “Evolve”:
Private sector Axis Bank launched the fourth edition of ‘Evolve’ in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
It is an annual multi-city knowledge series for Bank’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) customers. The current edition of ‘evolve’ is titled as “Transform your Family Business into your dream company”.
|Axis Bank headquarters
CURRENT AFFAIRS : BUSINESS
ADB Gives $250 Million For 5 States:
- The Asian Development Bank and the Indian Government have signed a 250 million dollar loan to finance the construction of over 6 thousand 2 hundred kilometres rural roads for 5 states Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
Facebook bans ads promoting cryptocurrencies:
- Facebook has prohibited advertisements that promote financial services that are associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, naming cryptocurrencies and initial coin offering.
- While Facebook said it wants people to learn about these services through its ads, it added that many companies advertising such services “are not currently operating in good faith”
Google Introduced Bulletin For stories:
- Google has introduced a new app named “Bulletin”that allows anybody to submit stories for and about their communities.
- This is a free, lightweight app for telling a story by capturing photos, video clips and text right from your phone, published straight to the web.
- The app is made for contributing hyperlocal stories about your community.The application has been launched as a limited pilot project and is available in Nashville, Tennessee and Oakland, California.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Navy launched the third Scorpene class submarine ‘Karanj’:
- The Indian Navy launched the third Scorpene class submarine Karanj on January 31st
- It has been constructed by shipbuilder Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) here.
- Karanj will undergo tests for the next one year before the commission,total six submarines are going to be built at the
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Kohli is the only player to remain with same IPL team for 11 years:
- Royal Challengers Bangalore captain Virat Kohli is the only player to be associated with the same franchise for 11 years.
- Next to him Harbajan singh is retained in Mumbai Indians for 10 years Now he moved to CSK.
WT20 Final Match in Marylebone:
- Melbourne Cricket Ground will host the final of both the men’s and women’s World Twenty20 when the tournaments come to Australia in 2020.
- It will mark the first time the tournaments are held as stand-alone events in the same year in the same country. The women’s final will coincide with International Women’s Day (8th March).
Dear Readers, More Today’s Current Affairs News will be updated here soon, kindly stay with us..