Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Rahul Dravid inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Former India captain Rahul Dravid was officially inducted into International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Hall of Fame. He presented memento by the legendary opener Sunil Gavaskar at Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
PM Modi launches support, outreach programme for MSME
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, launched the Government’s Support and Outreach Initiative for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. The initiative will provide Small and Medium Enterprises easier access to credit, markets, improved cash flows and online loans up to Rs 1 crore in just 59 minutes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Japan to lend Rs 1,817 cr for hydel power project in Bengal
- India and Japan signed a Rs 1,817 crore loan agreement for the construction of the Turga pumped storage hydel power project at Purulia in West Bengal. The project will contribute to the industrial development and living standards in the state.
Vietnam will host the F1 race in 2020
- Vietnam will host a Formula One race in April 2020. Vietnam will be only the third Southeast Asian country to host a Formula One race, after Malaysia and Singapore. The race will be hosted in the capital Hanoi.
|President||Tran Dai Quang|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Lt General Rajeshwar takes over as 12th Chief of Integrated Defence Staff
- Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar took over as 12th Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman, COSC. Prior to this appointment, he was serving as Director General (Perspective Planning) at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Malayalam writer Mukundan selected for Ezhuthachan award
- Noted Malayalam novelist and short story writer M Mukundan has been selected for the Kerala government’s highest literary award ‘Ezhuthachan Puraskaram’ for this year. The 76-year old writer has been chosen for his overall contributions to the Malayalam literature.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
The first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property has been launched in Delhi
- The first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property has been launched in Delhi to deepen bilateral strategic cooperation on IP policy. The dialogue was launched by US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) and FICCI in partnership with the US-India Business Council. It will be convened annually, alternating between New Delhi and Washington, DC.
IAF Seminar On Emerging Trends In Aviation Engineering And Logistics (AVIAMAT – 2018)
- Indian Air Force is organising a two day seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) at Air Force Auditorium, Subroto Park, New Delhi. The focus of the seminar is usable emerging and futuristic innovative aviation technologies.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Dharma Guardian-2018: First India-Japan military exercise begins in Vairengte, Mizoram
- The first joint military exercise named “Dharma Guardian” between India and Japan has begun at Indian Army’s Counter-Insurgency Warfare School at Vairengte (Mizoram).
Decommissioned carrier INS Viraat to become a floating museum
- The Maharashtra state cabinet on cleared the decks for the Navy’s longest-serving aircraft carrier, INS Viraat, now retired, to be converted into India’s first-ever moored maritime museum-cum-marine adventure centre.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games 2019
- Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games 2019. The Games will provide an opportunity for corporations around the world to showcase their competitive prowess through sports. This is the first time the World Corporate Games will be held in the Middle East. The sporting event takes place every one to two years and the last edition was held in Houston in the US last year.