Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
AYUSH Ministry organizes National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda
- The National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda was held in New Delhi. It was organised by Ministry of AYUSH in association with NITI Aayog with aim of encouraging entrepreneurs and Ayurveda stakeholders towards businesses opportunities in the sector.
Vision Document 2030 is long-term vision for the Forest Department
- Many environmentalists and groups oppose the decision to outsource the process to map a long-term vision for the Forest Department of the government. Because of the opposition, the long-term vision is facing trouble. The department is undertaking a Vision Document 2030 which would set a governance strategy for the management of forests and wildlife in the State for the next 20 years in a sustainable manner.
IAMAI forms AR/VR Committee to promote Technologies
- The Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) formed a new industry expert committee to develop and promote an augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) ecosystem in India. The committee is chaired by Namrita Mahindra, Senior General Manager, digital transformation, Mahindra Group and co-chaired by Satyajeet Singh, Head -Strategic Product Partnership, India and South Asia, Facebook.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Bangladesh won the 5th SAFF U-15 Championship 2018 title in Nepal
- The 5th SAFF U-15 Championship 2018 was held at the ANFA Complex, Kathmandu, Nepal. Bangladesh beat Pakistan 3-2 on penalties in the final, and won its 2nd SAFF U-15 Championship title. Earlier, Bangladesh had won the title in 2016. Pakistan finished as the runner-up. India beat Nepal 1-0 and finish in the third position.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Kerala Tourism Department launched a ‘SMiLE Virtual Tour Guide’ site for the region in north Kerala
- To boost the Malabar tourism, the Kerala Tourism Department launched a ‘SMiLE Virtual Tour Guide’ site for the region in north Kerala. SMiLE is the acronym for: ‘Small and Medium Industries Leveraging Experiential’ Tourism. It was conceived by and executed by Bekal Resorts Development Corporation (BRDC) that focuses on eco-friendly and experiential tourism. For the concept and execution, the government provided Rs 50 lakhs to BRDC.
Shillong is set to host the second edition of the India International Cherry Blossom Festival
- Shillong is set to host the second edition of the India International Cherry Blossom Festival between November 14 and 17. This is the world’s only autumn cherry blossom festival. This festival attracted more than one lakh visitors last year, boosting the local economy by 300 per cent.
Odisha Government launches Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Policy 2018
- Odisha Government launched Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Policy 2018. The policy is aimed to carry forward process of industrialization through promotion of aerospace and defence manufacturing enterprises, generate employment opportunities and promote value addition.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Kirloskar Capital has received a licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)
- Kirloskar Capital has received a licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC). Kirloskar Capital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kirloskar Oil Engines (KOEL). It will be headed by Vimal Bhandari. Prior to joining Kirloskar Capital, Vimal Bhandari was the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Indostar Capital.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Chola MS General Insurance and IndusInd Bank Ltd renewed their corporate agency arrangement
- Chola MS General Insurance and IndusInd Bank Ltd renewed their corporate agency arrangement for a period of five years. This is a part of a decade-long partnership has garnered around Rs 37 billion and serviced close to half a million customers during 2017-18.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
1st ‘Annual Senior Care Conclave – Igniting Industry for India’s Ageing Sector’ was held in New Delhi
- 1st ‘Annual Senior Care Conclave – Igniting Industry for India’s Ageing Sector’ was held in New Delhi on 1 November 2018. It was organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). A report titled, ‘Igniting Potential in Senior Care Services’ was released at the event. Anupriya Patel, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare delivered the keynote address at the event.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
New Delhi tops in terms of safety and ranked the best among the big cities
- Kolkata tops in public transport index in terms of cleanliness and affordability of public transport. New Delhi was rated highly in terms of safety and ranked the best among the big cities in affording parking space to its residents. Patna and Bhubaneswar topped the list for growing and emerging cities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Coast Guard launches new Offshore patrol vessel ICGS Varaha
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) launches new Offshore patrol vessel (OPV) ICGS Varahaat L&T Kattupalli shipyard near Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is fourth in the series of 98 M OPVs designed and built indigenously by Larsen & Toubro (L&T).
Air Marshal MSG Menon VSM has taken charge as Director General (Wks & Cer) of Indian Air Force (IAF)
- Air Marshal MSG Menon VSM has taken charge as Director General (Wks & Cer) of Indian Air Force (IAF). Previously, he was the Assistance Chief of Air Staff (AF Wks) at Air Headquarters. He is a Cat ‘AYE’ Air Traffic Controller. He was a member of the first United Nations Mission to Sudan. He was Commandant of Air Force Administrative College, Coimbatore and Principal Director Ops (Air Traffic Services).
Artificial Intelligence (AI) bot ClaRAN has been taught by researchers to identify galaxies in deep space
- Researchers have taught an Artificial Intelligence (AI) bot named “ClaRAN” to identify galaxies in deep space. he AI bot named “ClaRAN” used to recognise faces on Facebook. It has been trained to scan images taken by radio telescopes. It can spot radio galaxies – galaxies that emit powerful radio jets from super massive black holes at their centres.