Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
World Tsunami Awareness Day: November 5
- The World Tsunami Awareness Day is observed every year across the world on 5 November 2016 to spread awareness among people across the world about Tsunami. This year it was the third edition of World Tsunami Awareness Day after it was instituted in 2015.
National Cancer Awareness Day
- National Cancer Awareness Day will be observed across the country on November 7 every year, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan announced. Thiruvananthapuram: National Cancer Awareness Day will be observed across the country on November 7 every year, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan announced.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Nuclear submarine INS Arihant completes first deterrence patrol
- India’s first indigenous nuclear submarine INS Arihant has successfully completed its first deterrence patrol. The development signifies that underwater warship has completed its maiden long-range mission with live nuclear-tipped missiles.
Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of I&B Shri Ashok Kumar Parmar inaugurated the India Pavilion at Videocitta, 2018 in Rome Film Festival
- Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of I&B Shri Ashok Kumar Parmar inaugurated the India Pavilion at Videocitta, 2018 in Rome Film Festival. India was partner country at Videocitta 2018, an event focussing on Virtual Reality, Video gaming, Animation, Film Making, etc. was organized along with Rome Film Festival and the International Audio Visual Market.
Government approves operationalisation strategy for Operation Greens
- Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) approved operationalisation strategy for Operation Greens. Operation Greens was announced by Union Government in Budget 2018-19 to stabilise supply of Tomato, Onion and Potato (TOP) crops. It is aimed at ensuring availability of TOP crops throughout the country round the year without price volatility.
Home Ministry releases Rs. 113 crore to six border states under Border Area Development Programme
- Union Home Ministry has released more than Rs. 113 crore to six border states under Border Area Development Programme (BADP) as part of its plan to ameliorate the problems of people living in isolated locations. These six states are Assam, Nagaland, Sikkim, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Russia has quietly invited a group of senior Afghan politicians to talk with the Taliban in Moscow.
- Russia has quietly invited a group of senior Afghan politicians to talk with the Taliban in Moscow. This talk has bypassed President Ashraf Ghani’s government and has angered officials in Kabul who say it could muddle the U.S.-backed peace process. The Afghan officials also said that the government was unhappy that Moscow was pressing ahead with plans for talks. In August, Russia proposed to hold multilateral peace talks in Moscow and invited 12 countries and the Taliban to attend a summit the following month.
China launches new high-orbit satellite to boost its BeiDou global satellite navigation system.
- China launches new high-orbit satellite to boost its BeiDou global satellite navigation system. This is the first BeiDou-3 satellite in high orbit, nearly 36,000 km above the Earth. It will follow the Earth’s rotation, in a geostationary orbit, and will view the same point on Earth continuously. The satellite will serve countries in the China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Andhra Pradesh is building a world-class and India’s first ‘Justice City’ within its new capital Amaravati
- Andhra Pradesh is building a world-class and India’s first ‘Justice City’ within its new capital Amaravati with the vision to provide a state-of-the-art ecosystem built on latest technology for supporting the judicial system in the state.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital
NDMC launches QR-enabled fridge magnets for digital payment of bills
- New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) has launched quick response (QR)-enabled fridge magnets for digital payment of bills. The magnets are personalised and each customer will have unique QR Code mapped to their consumer account number. It is powered by SignCatch – an IT and services company,.
India’s first asymmetrical cable-stayed bridge “Signature Bridge” has recently inaugurated in New Delhi
- India’s first asymmetrical cable-stayed bridge “Signature Bridge” has recently inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal across the Yamuna River. The bridge connects Outer Ring Road on the western flank of the Yamuna river with the Wazirabad Road on the east. It shortens the travel time between north and northeast Delhi.
Odisha Government launches Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Policy 2018
- Odisha Government launched Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Policy 2018. The policy is aimed to carry forward process of industrialization through promotion of aerospace and defence manufacturing enterprises, generate employment opportunities and promote value addition.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI initiates steps to set up digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) to capture details of all borrowers
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated steps to set up wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) to capture loan information of individuals and corporate borrowers. In this regard, RBI has invited expression of interest (EOI) for developing PSC from companies with turnover of over Rs 100 crore in last three years. Setting up of PCR assumes significance amidst rising bad loans in financial system. The non-performing assets (NPAs) in Indian banking system is about Rs 10 lakh crore.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
L&T gets a contract of USD 200 bn solar power project in Saudi Arabia
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) plans to bid for an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract for a section of the $200 billion solar projects in Saudi Arabia to be built with the backing of Japan’s SoftBank. Earlier this year, Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund and SoftBank signed a MoU to invest in building the world’s biggest solar power project in Saudi Arabia.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Atul Kumar Goel assumed charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (UCO) of UCO Bank
- Atul Kumar Goel assumed charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (UCO) of UCO Bank. Prior to this assignment, he was executive director of Union Bank of India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has awarded the Assam Police for “good practices” under CCTNS
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has awarded the Assam Police for “good practices” under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS), an e-governance project. The award was given for citizen centric service delivery, in which the state police has automated passport verification and Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) services using the online CCTNS.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, South Korea sign MoU for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism and sports cooperation
- India and South Korea have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism and sports cooperation. The MoU was signed between Union Ministry of Tourism and South Korea’s Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
AYUSH Ministry organizes National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda
- The National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda was held in New Delhi. It was organised by Ministry of AYUSH in association with NITI Aayog with aim of encouraging entrepreneurs and Ayurveda stakeholders towards businesses opportunities in the sector.
China has host the fifth World Buddhist Forum
- China has host the fifth World Buddhist Forum held from 28th to 30th October 2018. It was held in the Chinese city of Putian. More than 1,000 participants from 55 countries and regions participated.
The first WHO Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health was held in Geneva
- The first Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health was held at World Health Organisation (WHO) Headquarters in Geneva on October 30, 2018. The 2-day conference was organized by WHO in collaboration with UN Environment, World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the Secretariat of the UNFCCC, the Climate and Clean Air Coalition to Reduce Short-Lived Climate Pollutants (CCAC) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
NASA’s “supersonic parachute” that will have a major role in landing its Mars 2020 rover
- NASA’s “supersonic parachute” that will have a major role in landing its Mars 2020 rover has created a world record by deploying in just four-tenths of a second and surviving 37,000 kg load. Following the launch of a 17.7-metre Black Brant IX sounding rocket, in less than 2 minutes a payload separated and started diving back through Earth’s atmosphere.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Rathinam (99), the veteran freedom fighter Passed away
- Rathinam (99), the veteran freedom fighter and member of Indian National Army (INA) led by Nethaji Subash Chandra Bose, has passed away in South Kodikulam, Tamil Nadu on November 4, 2018. Born on 16th August 1919, Rathinam had moved to Burma when he was a bachelor and joined the INA during the Second World War in the early 1940s.