Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
ONGC discovers oil, gas reserves in Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal
- State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has made oil and gas discoveries in Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal that may potentially open up two new sedimentary basins in country. They are category-III basins, having hydrocarbon and are considered geologically prospective for exploration.
WOSA-2018: 4th World Summit on Accreditation held in New Delhi
- The World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2018) was held New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Prakash Javadekar. WOSA-2018 was organized by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) with main focus (theme) on “Challenges and Opportunities in Outcome Based Accreditation”.
Government spent Rs 132 crore on GST advertisements
- The expenditure on advertisements through print media stood at nearly Rs.27 crore while more than ₹5 crore was spent on advertisements with outdoor media. There was “nil” expenditure for the same on electronic media. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) was implemented on July 1, 2017. The government had also roped in Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador to promote GST and inform people about its benefits.
Home ministry sanctions Rs 3,000 cr for special women safety programme
- Public panic buttons and all-women police patrol teams will soon be launched in eight major cities, including Delhi, under a special women safety programme for which the home ministry has approved nearly Rs 3,000 crore.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China will be Jharkhand’s partner country at the Food processing summit
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das was on a four-day visit to China at the invitation of the International Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC). He invited China to participate in food processing summit, which will be organised by Jharkhand Government in November. Das visit Zhengzhou, the capital of China’s agriculture province Henan.
Pakistan could become world’s 5th largest nuclear weapons state: Report
- According to recent report, Pakistan could become world’s 5th largest nuclear weapons state after Russia, United States, France and China in terms of possession of total nuclear warheads. Pakistan currently has 140 to 150 nuclear warheads and its stockpile is expected to increase to 220 to 250 by 2025 (surpassing United Kingdom) if its current proliferation trend continues.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Snow leopard spotted in Lippa-Asra wildlife sanctuary in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow leopard was spotted at height of about 4,000 metres in Lippa-Asra wildlife sanctuary in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. Its picture was captured by camera-trap installed by State Wildlife Department. These findings have ascertained that snow leopards inhabit new areas.
|Himachal Pradesh Capital||Shimla|
|CM||Jai Ram Thakur|
Bangalore airport set to become first in Asia to use face recognition as boarding pass
- Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bangalore, capital of Karnataka is set to become first airport in Asia to introduce face recognition based passage system technology from 2019. For this, Bangalore International Airport Ltd. (BIAL), which operates KIA has signed agreement with Portuguese software firm Vision Box.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
SBI appointed Anshula Kant as Managing Director
- Anshula Kant is at present the Deputy Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of SBI. SBI’s MD post fell vacant after resignation of B Sriram, who took over as the MD and CEO of IDBI Bank. With this appointment SBI now has four MDs, the other 3 MDs are PK Gupta, DK Khara and Arijit Basu.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
NIIF inks $400 mn agreement with Singapore’s Temasek
- Singapore government’s Temasek Holdings has agreed to invest $400 million in the National Infrastructure Investment Fund (NIIF) in another bet on India’s infrastructure asset management space.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Receives Meryl Streep Award for Excellence
- Actress Aishwarya Rai was honoured with the Meryl Streep Award for Excellenceat the Women in Film and Television (WIFT) India Award. The ceremony was established to honour the best female talent in Bollywood and Hollywood. WIFT India is part of WIFT International, a network which promotes professional development and achievement for women in the film industry, video, and other screen-based media.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India and Bulgaria signed pact MoUs in the field of Investment, Tourism and Civil Nuclear Cooperation
- They signed five MoUs in the field of Investment, Tourism, Civil Nuclear Cooperation, Establishment of Hindi Chair at Sofia University and enhancing scientific cooperation. The five important MoUs were signed following the detailed talks between Indian delegations led by President Kovind and Bulgarian delegations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Two Day Regional Conference on Good Governance
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG), Government of India in association with Government of Madhya Pradesh is organizing a Regional Conference on Good Governance with Focus on Aspirational Districts, in Bhopal.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Piyush Goyal Launched ‘AAPOORTI’ App of ‘Indian Railways E-Procurement System’
- Ministry of Railways& Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) organised a seminar on “Leveraging IT for Mobility” in New Delhi. Minister of Railways & Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal graced the occasion as the Chief Guest. Shri Goyal also launched a new app –“AAPOORTI’ mobile App of ‘Indian Railways e-procurement system’ (IREPS).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
2018 US Open: Novak Djokovic wins men’s singles title
- Former world number one Novak Djokovic from Serbia won 2018 US Open title of tennis in men’s singles category by defeating Argentina’s Juan Martin del Potro (world no 3).
India Blue defeated India Red and won 57th Duleep Trophy
- They won by an innings and 187 runs. About Duleep Trophy It was the 57th season of the Duleep Trophy, a first-class cricket tournament in India. It took place in NPR College ground in Dindigul from August to September 2018. There were 3 participants: India Red, India Blue and India Green
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITURIES
Gujarati Author And Journalist Bhagwati Kumar Sharma Passes Away
- Bhagwati Kumar Sharma, notedGujarati language author and poet passed away in Surat at the age of 84 years.