Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
National Education Day
- National Education Day of India is celebrated on November 11th every year. National Education Day is an annual observance in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India, who served from 15 August 1947 until 2 February 1958.
World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day will be celebrated on November 12th. World Pneumonia Day provides an annual forum for the world to stand together and demand action in the fight against pneumonia. More than 100 organizations representing the interests of children joined forces as the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia .
|Theme||Stop Pneumonia: Invest in Child Health|
Public Service Broadcasting Day
- Public Service Broadcasting Day will be celebrated on November 12th. The day is celebrated every year to commemorate the first and last visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Supreme Court has upheld presumption that couple who live together as husband and wife are legally married
- Supreme Court has upheld presumption that couple who live together as husband and wife are legally married and woman can claim maintenance under Section 125 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC ). The apex court held that law presumes in favour of marriage and against concubinage when man and woman have cohabited continuously for a number of years.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley terms GST ‘monumental reform’
- A day after former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan criticised the Goods and Service Tax (GST), Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley came out in defence of the indirect taxation reform terming it as “monumental”. Brushing off Rajan’s remark, the finance minister said that the GST disrupted the growth only for two quarters. Earlier, Rajan had blamed GST for derailing India’s growth story and hurting the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) expansion.
India’s unemployment rate jumps to 2-year high of 6.9% in October
- Unemployment rate in the country rose to 6.9% in October, the highest in two years, according to a report by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE). The estimated number of people employed during October 2018 was 397 million.
The Asian countries of RCEP have offered India to open up its markets
- Several Asian member countries of the proposed Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) have offered India a concession on the extent to which it needs to open up its markets. India can now open up 83% of its market against the earlier 92%. The RCEP is a proposed trade agreement between the ASEAN countries and the six free trade agreement partners.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World leaders mark 100 years since end of First World War
- World leaders gathered in Paris on November 11, 2018 to lead the global commemorations to mark 100 years since the end of the first World War. The occasion saw around 70 leaders come together including US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin to mark the centenary of the 1918 Armistice in the French capital.
UAV CH7: China unveils most advanced stealth drone
- China unveils most advanced stealth drone UAV CH7. It was unveiled at the Air Show China 2018 in Zhuhai, China. UAV – CH7, China become the second country following the US, to produce high-altitude long-endurance combat UAVs with advanced penetration capabilities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
North East’s first ‘water handloom hut’ inaugurated in Manipur
- North East’s first ‘floating water handloom huts’ were inaugurated at Loktak Lake in Bishnupur district of Manipur. The five handloom huts were inaugurated by Tripura’s Forest and Tribal Welfare Minister, Mevar Kumar Jamatia in presence of other government officials.
|CM||Nongthombam Biren Singh|
Vilnius and Kochi signs MoU with the cooperation of urban planning, corporate planning, transport, solid water management and water management
- New York’s iconic Empire State Building was lit in orange for the first time to celebrate Diwali. It was organised by the Federation of Indian Associations in cooperation with the Empire State Realty Trust. Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri and singer Jay Sean flipped the switch to turn on the lights on top of the building.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI plans to appoint Ombudsman for digital payments by March 2019
- The Reserve Bank of India is likely to establish an ombudsman for digital payments by March 2019 to take the load off the increasing number of complaints currently being handled by the banking ombudsman.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Ashok Kumar Gupta appointed as Chairperson of Competition Commission of India
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed former IAS officer Ashok Kumar Gupta as Chairperson of Competition Commission of India (CCI). He replaces acting chairperson Sudhir Mital.
PK Dash, Akhilesh Ranjan and Neena Kumar inducted as members of CBDT
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed three senior IRS officers K Dash, Akhilesh Ranjan and Neena Kumar as new members of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). All three members belong to 1982-batch of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
Gaddam Dharmendra was appointed as the Ambassador of India to Iran
- Gaddam Dharmendra, a 1990-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, has been appointed India’s new Ambassador to Iran. He will succeed Saurabh Kumar, who was appointed India’s ambassador to Myanmar. Dharmendra’s appointment comes at a time when the global focus is on oil imports from Iran as the US has recently imposed “the toughest ever” sanctions aimed at altering the Iranian regime’s “behaviour”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Ladakh restoration project wins 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific award for Cultural Heritage conservation
- The restoration of an aristocratic house project from partial ruin state in Ladakh undertaken by LAMO (Ladakh Arts and Media Organisation) Center has won 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific award for Cultural Heritage conservation in Award of Distinction category. LAMO is public charitable trust established to articulate an alternative vision for the arts and media in Ladakh.
Jawahar Lal Sarin presented with France’s highest civilian honour
- Renowned French scholar Jawahar Lal Sarin was presented with France’s highest civilian honour Chevalier de la Lgion d’Honneur. He was presented with this award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to enhancing Indo-French cultural cooperation and promoting French language. Jawahar Lal Sarin is president of Alliance franaise de Delhi’s governing body. He had studied French for five years at the Punjab University, Chandigarh, and later at the Sorbonne University, Paris.
Jayant Sawarkar will be awarded the Maharashtra government’s Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award
- Marathi actor Jayant Sawarkar will be awarded the Maharashtra government’s Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award in the field of theatre. Also, Tabla artist Vinayak Thorat will be awarded the Sangeetacharya Annasaheb Kirloskar Lifetime Achievement. Both the awards consist of cash prizes of Rs 5 lakh, citation and memento each. Dates for the presentation of the awards have not yet been announced. Jayant Sawarkar started his career in Marathi theatre as a backstage artist. His role as a clown in “Samrat Singh” fetched him fame.
Arunima Sinha is the first Indian woman who was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Strathclyde of United Kingdom in Glasgow, Scotland
- Arunima Sinha was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Strathclyde of United Kingdom in Glasgow, Scotland. She has been awarded for her inspirational achievements in mountaineering. She is 30 years old. In 2013, she became the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest. She is a former Indian national Volleyball player. Her left leg was amputated below the knee after being thrown from a train while resisting a robbery.
Mathematician and Super 30 founder Anand Kumar was awarded ‘Global Education Award’
- Mathematician and Super 30 founder Anand Kumar was awarded ‘Global Education Award’. This was awarded by Malabar Gold & Diamonds’, flagship company of Malabar Group, a leading Indian business conglomerate. He was honoured for his “pioneering” contributions to the field of education. His selection was done from a list of 100 names working in the field of education by a 12-member jury.
ATP world tour awards 2018
|1.||ATP World Tour No 1||Novak Djokovic|
|2.||Comeback Player of the Year||Novak Djokovic|
|3.||ATP World Tour No. 1 Doubles Team||Oliver Marach & Mate Pavic|
|4.||Most Improved Player of the Year||Stefanos Tsitsipas|
|5.||Newcomer of the Year||Alex de Minaur|
|6.||Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award||Rafael Nadal|
|7.||Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of the Year||Tommy Robredo|
|8.||ATP Coach of the Year||Marian Vajda (Novak Djokovic)|
|9.||ATPWorldTour.com Fans’ Favourite presented (Singles)||Roger Federer|
|10.||ATPWorldTour.com Fans’ Favourite presented (Doubles)||Mike Bryan & Jack Sock|
|11.||Ron Bookman Media Excellence Award||Sue Barker (BBC)|
|12.||ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Tournament of the Year||BNP Paribas Open (Indian Wells)|
|13.||ATP World Tour 500 Tournament of the Year||Fever-Tree Championships (Queen’s Club)|
|14.||ATP World Tour 250 Tournament of the Year||Intrum Stockholm Open (Stockholm)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
CIMAP signs agreement with US-based RIFM for improving the quality of fragrant oils
- Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) has signed MoU with US-based Research Institute for Fragrant Materials (RIFM) for improving the quality of fragrant oils. It was signed at conclusion of two-day annual conference of International Fragrance Association (IFA) in Paris, capital city of France.
|CIMAP Full form||Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit has begun in Singapore
- The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit has begun in Singapore. Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong is the Chairman of the Summit, which will continue till 15th November along with other related summits like East Asia Summit (EAS), Regional Comprehensive Economic Summit, (RCEP) and ASEAN plus summits.
18th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of (Foreign) Ministers Meetings (COM) in Durban
- South Africa hosted the 18th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of (Foreign) Ministers Meetings (COM) in Durban under the theme of “IORA – Uniting the Peoples of Africa, Asia, Australasia and the Middle East through Enhanced Co-operation for Peace, Stability and Sustainable Development”. This meeting was held during the on-going celebrations of the 150th year of the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and the 100th birth anniversary of Nelson Mandela. The Indian delegation was led by Gen.(Dr.) VK Singh (Retd.), Minister of State for External Affairs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Dr Murali Mohan Chuntharu, has written a book named “Arivu”.
- Dr Murali Mohan Chuntharu, a Dental Surgeon and also DK Home Guard Commandant has written a book named “Arivu”, which explains about Mouth Cancer and prevention of the disease.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched Mahila-E-Haat online portal to promote women farmers and entrepreneurs
- Mahila-E-Haat online portal to promote women farmers and entrepreneurs launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The main aim is to unique organic products of the women farmers and entrepreneurs from across the country. It will serve as an e-platform to bring them together and promote the achievements of women farmers. It was launched during the 5th “Women of India National Organic Festival, 2018”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Bajrang Punia becomes number 1 wrestler in 65kg category
- Star Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia touched a new high in his career by achieving the number one rank in the world in the 65kg category. The 24-year-old Bajrang, who has won five medals this season, including CWG and Asian Games gold and a silver at the World Championship, was placed atop the ranking table with 96 points in the UWW list.
Karen Khachanov has lifted the 2018 Men’s Singles title at the Rolex Paris Masters
- In Tennis, Karen Khachanov has lifted the 2018 Men’s Singles title at the Rolex Paris Masters with a stunning win over World No. 2 Novak Djokovic. In the title clash, Khachanov defeated Djokovic in straight sets by 7-5, 6-4 to end the Serb’s 22-match unbeaten run. With the victory, Khachanov has become the first Russian since Nikolay Davydenko in 2009 to win a Masters 1000 title.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Ananth Kumar passes away
- Union Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, and Chemicals and Fertilizers H.N. Ananth Kumar, also a senior BJP leader from the State passed away in Bengaluru. He was 59.
/ 5. Reviews