Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Mountain Day 2018
- The United Nations General Assembly designated 11 December “International Mountain Day”. As of 2003, it has been observed every year to create awareness about the importance of mountains to life, to highlight the opportunities and constraints in mountain development and to build alliances that will bring positive change to mountain peoples and environments around the world.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Kerala has become the India’s first state to have four international airports
- Kerala has become the first state in India to have four international airports with the inauguration of the Kannur airport on December 9, 2018. The Kannur airport is spread across over 2,000 acres and can handle around 2,000 passengers at a time. The runway is currently 3,050m long and will be extended to 4,000m. The airport, built on a public-private partnership (PPP) mode, may also increase the inter-trade in sectors such as spices and handloom.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Rattan Lal has won the ‘Glinka World Soil Prize 2018’
- Rattan Lal , a distinguished university professor of soil science at the Ohio State University, has won the ‘Glinka World Soil Prize 2018’ in a ceremony at the headquarters of UN FAO in Rome for his remarkable contribution to sustainable soil management. The Glinka World Soil Prize, named after the pioneering Russian scientist Konstantin D. Glinka, is considered the highest honour in the soil science profession.
IIT Kharagpur has won the DSCI Excellence Award 2018 for cyber security education
- IIT Kharagpur has won the DSCI Excellence Award 2018 for cyber security education by Data Security Council of India (DSCI), an industry body on data protection set up up by NASSCOM. The institute was awarded for its focused curricula and research work in cryptography, hardware security, cyber security, Internet of Things (IoT) security, and network security.
Dr. Rajanish Giri has been awarded the DBT Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA) 2018 for his proposed innovative idea on Zika virus
- Dr. Rajanish Giri, an assistant professor at IIT Mandi, has been awarded the DBT Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA) 2018. Dr. Giri is selected for his proposed innovative idea on Zika virus Capsid Folding and inhibitor discovery. Additionally, he has proven expertise on understanding and solving the fundamental problems of protein folding in various structured and Intrinsically Disordered Proteins.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
NABARD signed USD 100 mn agreement with UNFCC approved Green Climate Fund to boost USD 250 mn worth solar power project
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) signed a loan agreement worth USD 100 mn with Green Climate Fund (GCF) to boost rooftop solar power capacity projects through the private sector participation. The Total corpus of the project is USD 250 mn, which will be executed by Tata Cleantech Capital Ltd. The Agreement was signed, on the sidelines of ongoing COP24 in Katowice, Poland, by Shri Shankar A Pande, Chief General Manager, NABARD in the presence of Shri A K Mehta, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
The 2nd edition of Military Literature Festival (MLF) 2018 was held in Chandigarh
- The 2nd edition of Military Literature Festival (MLF) 2018 was held in Chandigarh with an aim to offer an opportunity for the younger generation to get acquainted with India’s glorious military heritage. It also brought a host of cultural activities, food cuisines and competitions to the public. Besides, marshal dances, weapons display, medallion gallery, artists’ corner, cultural activities and exhibitions, food and cuisine, book fair, children’s Saragarhi Samvadh are amongst other activities to reverberate the minds of participants and visitors with tales of India’s soldiers during the three-day event.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India is the world’s top recipient of remittances in 2018
- India will retain its position as the world’s top recipient of remittances in 2018 with its diaspora sending a whopping USD 80 billion back home, according to the World Bank report. India is followed by China (USD 67 billion), Mexico and the Philippines (USD 34 billion each) and Egypt (USD 26 billion), according to the global lender. The Bank estimates that officially-recorded remittances to developing countries will increase by 10.8% to reach USD 528 billion in 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
The 10th Edition of the bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and Russian Federation Navy (RuFN) started at Visakhapatnam.
- The 10th Edition of the bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and Russian Federation Navy (RuFN) started at Visakhapatnam. The Maritime exercise will conclude on December 16. The Primary aim of the exercise is to increase interoperability amongst the two navies, develop common understanding and procedures for maritime security operations. This Year’s edition of exercise would be held in two phases, The Harbour phase would be held at Visakhapatnam from 9-12 December and the Sea phase would be held from 13-16 December in the bay of Bengal. Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), Air Defence Drills, Surface firings, Visit Board Search and Seizure (VBSS) operations and tactical procedures will be the thrust of exercises at sea.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Shubhankar Sharma has become the fifth and the youngest Indian golfer to clinch the Asian Tour Order of Merit
- On December 8, Shubhankar Sharma has become the fifth and the youngest Indian golfer to clinch the Asian Tour Order of Merit after a groundbreaking year of achievements. With this achievement, He joined the exclusive club of Indians who have achieved the feat in the past – Jyoti Randhawa (2002), Arjun Atwal (2003), Jeev Milkha Singh (2006 and 2008) and Anirban Lahiri (2015).
Prathamesh Maulingkar has won the trophy of Mister Supranational 2018
- Prathamesh Maulingkar from India has created history by becoming the first Asian/Indian to win 2018 Mister Supranational title in a competition held in in Krynica-Zdroj, Poland. He defeated 37 contestants from all over the world in the final round to win the coveted title. At the same pageant, Mister Supranational Poland was adjudged first runner-up, Mister Supranational Brazil was adjudged second runner-up and Mister Supranational Thailand was announced as the third runner-up.