Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Five States Election Result
||Indian National Congress
||Indian National Congress
||Indian National Congress
||The Mizo National Front
||Telangana Rashtra Samithi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Tamil Nadu state government launches 24-hour helpline 181 for women
- Tamil Nadu Government launched a 24-hour toll-free helpline number 181 for women facing domestic violence and sexual harassment to get assistance ranging from police help, legal aid or medical services including an ambulance. The Service developed at a cost of 62.70 lakh will be available round-the-clock on all days of the week and women can also get information about the welfare schemes aimed at their benefit.
|Tamil Nadu Capital
Uttar Pradesh has planned to introduce a new software to curb cheating in board exams
- The Uttar Pradesh State government has designed a new software and a four-step process initiated to check the menace of copying in the Uttar Pradesh Board exams. The aim is to curtail the use of unfair means by students while making efforts to improve the quality of education. This process will begin from 7th February 2019. Exam centres in the State, which reported maximum cases of cheating in the past, will be strictly monitored. Owing to the efforts of the U.P. government, the use of unfair means has stopped, and the number of students studying in government schools has increased by 18-20%.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
James Quincey was elected as the 14th chairman of the Coca-Cola Company
- James Quincey was elected as the 14th chairman of the Coca-Cola Company, succeeding Muhtar Kent, who plans to retire in April after a Coca-Cola system career that started in 1978. Quincey, currently serves as president and CEO of the Coca-Cola Company and will become chairman following the company’s annual meeting in April 2019. Brian Smith will become president and chief operating officer of the company on Jan. 1, 2019. The company also announced that Sam Nunn, the Coca-Cola director, will also retire and Maria Elena “Mel” Lagomasino, will succeed Nunn as an independent director.
Sameer Aggarwal is appointed as the Chief Business Officer of Walmart India
- Walmart India, the U.S. retail major, appointed Sameer Aggarwal as its Chief Business Officer. Mr.Sameer has been elevated from his position as EVP, chief strategy and administrative officer to the Chief Business Officer with immediate effect. Aggarwal will now lead strategy, merchandising, cost analytics, e-commerce, technology, marketing, and replenishment. Walmart India also appointed Anuj Singh as Head-Category Merchandising. The announcement followed after the resignation of Executive Vice-President (EVP) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Devendra Chawla. Mr.Chawla had joined Walmart India in July last year from Future Consumer, a part of Kishore Biyani-led Future Group.
Shaktikanta Das: 25th Governor of RBI
- India’s former economic affairs secretary and current member of the Finance Commission Shaktikanta Das is to be appointed as next RBI Governor. He will be the 25th Governor of the apex bank of the country.
Urjit Patel has stepped down from the post of Reserve Bank of India
- Urijit Patel resigned due to personal reasons. His tenure as RBI governor was about to complete in September 2019. Patel has become fourth RBI to step down before end of term. Before him, Sir Osborne Smith, Benegal Rama Rau and S Jagannathan had resigned before completion of their respective tenures.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Imran Siddiqui has been honoured with Sanctuary Wildlife Service Award 2018
- Hyderabad-based conservationist Imran Siddiqui has been honoured with this year’s Sanctuary Wildlife Service Award, which is India’s most prestigious award. Siddiqui, who is an Assistant Director for Conservation Science at WCS-India monitors tiger in 10,000 sq km, including Nagarjunasagar Srisailam, Amrabad and Kawal Tiger Reserves, and corridors connecting to Tadoba and Tirupati Forests.
Prathamesh Maulingkar is the first Indian who wins Mister Supranational title in Poland
- Goa’s Prathamesh Maulingkar has created history by becoming the first Asian/Indian to win Mister Supranational title in a competition held at Krynica-Zdroj, Poland. The 27-year-old defeated 37 contestants from all over the world in the final round to win the coveted title. At the same pageant, Mister Supranational Poland was adjudged first runner-up, Mister Supranational Brazil was adjudged second runner-up and Mister Supranational Thailand was announced as the third runner-up.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
The first International Conference on ‘Sustainable Water Management’ was held in Mohali
- The first International Conference on ‘Sustainable Water Management’ was held at Indian School of Business (ISB) in Mohali, Punjab. The conference was organized by Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) under the aegis of the National Hydrology Project of the Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation. The theme of the international conference is ‘Sustainable Water Management’. The inaugural session of the conference was attended by Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat, who was the chief guest of the event and UP Singh, Secretary at the Union Ministry of Water Resources, who was the guest of honour.
Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration adopted at UN Conference in Marrakesh, Morocco
- Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration was adopted by 164 nations including India at Intergovermental Conference to adopt this compact held under auspices of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) at Marrakesh, Morocco. It is first intergovernmental agreement to cover wide-ranging dimensions of international migration in holistic and comprehensive manner and agreed upon by all the UN member states minus United States.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Smartworks, a leading workspaces player, introduced ‘Smart Mitri’, a female AI robot, which will be Smartworks’ in-house productivity mascot
- Smartworks, a leading workspaces player, introduced ‘Smart Mitri’, a female AI robot, which will be Smartworks’ in-house productivity mascot. It will play an influential role in handling the overall office management for the facility, ranging from the visitor system to being a counsellor eventually. Smartworks recently launched its flagship facility in Bengaluru. It is spread over 3 lakh sq ft with 6,000 seats. This facility is the firm’s largest centre. With 20 locations across nine cities, the firm caters to more than 500 organizations across large enterprises, SMEs and startups. Some of the clients are Tata Communications, Microsoft, ArcelorMittal, Amazon, Carrier, Otis, Daikin, Lenovo, Bacardi and OLX.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Agni-5 missile successfully test-fired
- Nuclear capable surface to surface Agni-5 ballistic missile was successfully test-fired from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast. It was user associated trial of missile undertaken by strategic force command along with DRDO scientists.
Indian Air Force conducted an exercise “Cross Bow 18”
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducted combined guided weapons firing of Surface-to-Air Missiles from the Air Force Station located at Suryalanka, Andhra Pradesh. The first-of-its-kind exercise for the Air Force was code-named ‘CROSS BOW-18’. CROSS BOW-18 saw the successful firing of four different classes of missiles like Akash, Spyder, OSA-AK-M and IGLA.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
2019 Khelo India Youth Games will be held Pune
- Khelo India Youth Games-2019 will be held in Pune of Maharashtra in January. Sports Minister Col Rajyavardhan Rathore announced that 9000 youth will participate in this edition of the game. Under Khelo India programme, the government is providing scholarships to 1500 students from across the country. Last year around 3500 school children had participated in the event. In this edition of Khelo India Youth Games university players will also take part.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Senior journalist Jagdish Thakkar passed away in New Delhi.
- Public Relations Officer (PRO) in the prime minister’s office and senior journalist Jagdish Thakkar passed away in New Delhi. Thakkar, 72, who was unwell for some time, passed away at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
Join us Telegram Channel >> https://t.me/ibpsguide
Join us Telegram group >> https://t.me/IBPS_Guide