Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
South Africa declares end of listeria outbreak that killed more than 200
- South Africadeclared an official end to the world’s worst recorded listeria outbreak after it killed 216 people and sickened more than 1,000 since early 2017.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|PM||Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Haryana signs MoU with Indian Oil for ethanol plant
- The Haryana governmenton September 10 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to set up an ethanol plant in Panipat with an outlay of over Rs 900 crore. The initiative at village Bohali with a proposed capacity of 100 kilolitres of ethanol per day will manage crop residue and prevent straw burning before the upcoming paddy season.
|CM||Manohar lal Kathar|
|Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
Century-old irrigation facilities in Telangana get heritage tag
- For the first time in the country, an irrigation anicut and a lake have been recognized as heritage structures by international agencies. Sadarmatt anicut located in Medampally in Nirmal districtand Pedda Cheruvu in Kamareddy district have been nominated as heritage structures at the 69th International Executive Council meeting of International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID 2018) held in Saskatoon, Canada last month.
The Bogibeel Bridge is a combined road and rail bridge over the Brahmaputra River in Assam:
- The Bogibeel Bridge is a combined road and rail bridge over the Brahmaputra River in Assam, which is expected to complete at the end of 2018. Sited about 17 km downstream of Dibrugarh town, the 4.94km bridge will facilitate road and rail connectivity between the north and south banks of the Brahmaputra in the eastern part of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
Samsung opens world’s largest mobile experience centre in Bengaluru
- Looking to further cement its position in India, South Korean tech major Samsung set up what is arguably the world’s largest mobile experience centre in Bengaluru, barely two months after it opened its biggest mobile factory in Noida.
NITI Aayog, Intel and TIFR collaborate for Model International Center for Transformative AI in Bangalore
- NITI Aayog, Intel, and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) announced on 7thSeptember that they are collaborating to set up a Model International Center for Transformative Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) towards developing and deploying AI-led application-based research projects.
- This initiative is part of NITI Aayog’s ‘National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence’ Discussion Paper that focuses on establishing ICTAI in the country through private sector collaboration.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
AAI dropped water aerodrome project in Chilika Lake
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) cancelled the proposed water aerodrome project at Chilika Lake in Odisha. Environmentalists and Chilika Development Authority (CDA) strictly opposed the project planned by AAI as it would have a negative impact on the ecosystem and the surrounding human population at the world’s second largest brackish water lake.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
BSNL and Unlimit Ink Partnership for IoT M2M Services in India
- Unlimit, the only end-to-end IoT service providerin India, part of Reliance ADA Group, announced its partnership with State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). The partnership provides comprehensive Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and services to the enterprise customers across India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: COMMITTEE
National Green Tribunal sets up key panels to monitor India’s garbage disposal
- National Green Tribunal has appointed three committees to monitor disposal of garbage in an eco-friendly manner across the country.The tribunal formed three committees– apex monitoring Committee, Regional Monitoring Committees and state level committees – to oversee the steps to be taken to give effect to the directions of this tribunal, including proper implementation of the Rules.
- The apex monitoring committee will be headed by former Supreme Court judge Justice D K Jain.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
US award Young Scholar Award for 2018 for Indian-born woman research scholar Rajalakshmi Nandakumar
- An India-born woman research scholar from the University of Washington won the Paul Baran Young Scholar Award for 2018for using smartphones to detect life-threatening symptoms, the California-based Marconi Society. Rajalakshmi Nandakumar is the winner of this year’s Young Scholar Award for her outstanding research work in detecting life-threatening symptoms using smartphones.
Indian-American researcher Arul Chinnaiyan awarded $6.5Mn to identify cancer biomarkers
- The US National Cancer Institute has give the“Outstanding Investigator Award” to Professor Arul Chinnaiyan, from the University of Michigan, and $6.5 million in funding over seven years, to identify cancer biomarkers to improve diagnosis and develop new targeted therapies.
Bibek Debroy conferred Honoris Causa by UEM
- Bibek Debroy,Chairman, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, was conferred ‘Honoris Causa’ by the University of Engineering & Management (UEM).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Dubai to host India-UAE Partnership Summit
- A two-day India-UAE Partnership Summit (IUPS)will be held in Dubai from October 30. We are delighted to support the second IUPS being organised by the Business Leaders Forum (BLF). Its objectives and agenda fit perfectly into efforts to promote the strategic partnership between India and the United Arab Emirates.
Asean World Economic Forum begins in Vietnam
- The World Economic Forum for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) beganin Vietnam amid the ban of two human rights activists by Vietnamese authorities. Amnesty International said in a statement that Vietnam refused entry to its senior director of global operations, Minar Pimple, who was to due to speak on diversity and pluralism.
India focus country in Izmir International Trade Show
- The Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) led a75-member Indian delegation for the ongoing 87thIzmir International Trade Show in Turkey. The delegation had several B2B meetings and business tie-ups with members of the Turkish business community.
- India is the Focus Country in the trade show with a standalone pavilion named ‘Source India’. The India Pavilion is a multi-product pavilion, including companies displaying products like ceramics, cereals and mechanical appliances.
R Madhavan to host National Geographics Mega Icons series
- He will host National Geographic’s upcoming series Mega Icons which will narrate the inspiring tales of veteran personalities from all walk of life. The first session will feature the stories of former Indian President APJ Abdul Kalam, Actor-politician Kamal Haasan, spiritual leader Dalai Lama, cricketer and skipper of the Indian team, Virat Kohli and Kiran Bedi, first women to qualify for Indian Police Service.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Forbes-nominated author Preeti Shenoy pens new book, ‘The Rule Breakers’
- Best-selling author Preeti Shenoyannounced the launch of her new book, ‘The Rule Breakers’. The book claims to explore complex themes of women’s equality, gender, and inclusion among others.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Piyush Goyal launches a web portal “Rail Sahyog”
- Minister of Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal launched a web portal www.railsahyog.in. The web portal will provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through Corporate Social Responsibility funds. Chairman, Railway Board, Shri Ashwani Lohani with other Railway Board Members, Secretary, Ministry of Coal, Shri Dr Inder Jit Singh and Senior Officials of Railways and Coal were present on the occasion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Apsara – U Reactor Becomes Operational at Trombay
- “Apsara”, the first research reactor in Asia became operational in Trombay campus of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in August 1956.
- After providing more than five decades of dedicated service to the researchers, the reactor was shut down in 2009.Nearly sixty-two years after Apsara came into existence, a swimming pool type research reactor “Apsara-upgraded”, of higher capacity was born at Trombay, Mumbai on 10th September 2018.
India’s first missile tracking ship to undergo sea trial by HSL
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) is all set to undertake India’s first missile tracking ship for trials. The sea trials would be carried out either by September-end or the first week of October. Once the ship is tested successfully, the vessel will be confidently handed over to the Indian Navy by the year-end.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Asia Cup: India’s game against Hong Kong to get ODI status
- The ICC has decided to accord One-Day International status to India and Pakistan’s group league matches against Hong Kong in the upcoming Asia Cup, starting September 15.
Jhulan Goswami 1st player to pick 300 international wickets in Women’s Cricket
- Indian pacer Jhulan Goswami achieved this feet after reaching the landmark figure in India’s nine-wicket win over Sri Lanka on September 11. Another Indian Cricketer Mithali Raj went past England’s Charlotte Edwards (117) as the most-capped captain in women’s ODIs with her 118th appearance.