Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
LK Advani renominated as Chairman of Ethics Committee of Lok Sabha
- Senior BJP leader L K Advani was renominated as Chairman of Ethics Committee of Lok Sabha. He was renominated by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan. L K Advani represents Gandhinagar Lok Sabha constituency from Gujarat.
Government makes Demat mandatory for issue and transfer of shares
Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has mandatory for unlisted public companies to issue new shares or transfer of all shares in dematerialised or Demat (i.e. in electronic form) form beginning October 2, 2018. With this, major benefits of dematerialisation of securities will now be available to unlisted Public companies
Health Ministry notifies HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued notification for bringing Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017 in force from 10th September, 2018.
India to supply 160 railway coaches to Sri Lanka
- The agreement to supply the railway passenger coaches custom-made in India, valued at around $82.64 million, was signed between RITES Limited of India and Sri Lankan government in Colombo. India has already completed projects close to 1 billion US dollars under concessional financing in the railway sector in Sri Lanka including railway lines to Jaffna and Thalai Mannar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Nepal to join military drill with China after snubbing India
- Nepal will take part in a 12-day-long ‘Sagarmatha Friendship-2’ military exercise with China. The exercise will be held from September 17 to 28 in China’s Chengdu city. This comes after Nepal withdrew from the first-ever Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) military drill in India.
|PM||Khadga Prasad Oli|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Tamil Nadu Government bans manufacture and sale of e-cigarettes
- Tamil Nadu Government has issued order banning manufacture, sale and possession of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) or e-Cigarettes with immediate effect in the state. The ban covers distribution, trade, display, marketing, advertisement, use, import and possession of e-cigarettes as well.
TN, Centre sign MoU on health scheme
- The Tamil Nadugovernment said it had signed an MoU with the Central government to implement Ayushman Bharat Yojana in association with state-run Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS).
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
MasterCard launches digital platform for Andhra farmers
- The Andhra Pradesh government and MasterCardintroduced e-Rythu, a mobile platform that provides farmers an easy and secure way to buy, sell and receive payments for agricultural products via their feature phones.
Andhra Pradesh government to give Rs 1000 per month to unemployed youth under Yuva Nestam Scheme’
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naiduannounced the launch of ‘Yuva Nestam Scheme’ on October 2, which would provide unemployment dole of Rs 1000 each to empower youth.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Hyderabad, Amaravathi|
Delhi, Seoul governments to ink pact for cooperation in urban regeneration
- The Delhi Government and the Seoul Metropolitan Governmentare slated to sign an agreement this week for cooperation in urban regeneration. The agreement will be signed during Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s ongoing trip to Seoul.
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
Sonowal inaugurates Indo-Bhutan Border Centre
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated the Indo-Bhutan Border Centre at Darranga in Assam’s Baksa district to strengthen bilateral trade with the neighbouring country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
SEBI panel proposes relaxing foreign fund rules for NRIs
- In a relief to foreign investors worried over new know your customer (KYC) and beneficiary ownership norms, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) initiated a public consultation process for finalizing the new guidelines, after a high-powered panel suggested changes on several contentious proposals and more time for compliance. The report was submitted by a panel headed by HR Khan, former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Sebi said the committee suggested that NRIs, overseas citizens of India and resident Indians should be allowed to hold non-controlling stakes in FPIs and no restriction should be imposed on them to manage non-investing FPIs or Sebi-registered offshore funds.
- NRIs will be allowed to invest as FPIs if the single holding is under 25% and group holding under 50% in a fund, according to the panel.
HDFC Life appoints Vibha Padalkar as MD & CEO
- The board of HDFC Standard Life appointed Vibha Padalkar,the executive director and Chief financial officer of HDFC Standard Life, as the Managing director and CEO after the exit of Amitabh Chaudhary, who joined Axis Bank on September 8.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: COMMITTEE
Justice Mukul Mudgal to head selection committee for Dronacharya and Dhyanchand awards
- Justice Mukul Mudgal, who headed the Supreme Court-appointed probe into the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal, has been named chairmanof the 11-member selection committee to pick this year’s Dronacharya and Dhyanchand awardees.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Manoj Jhalani, AS & MD (NHM) selected for UNIATF Award
- Shri Manoj Jhalani, Additional Secretary & Mission Director (NHM), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, has been conferred with the prestigious UN Interagency Task Force (UNIATF) Award for his outstanding contribution towards prevention and control of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and related Sustainable Development Goals.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Cabinet apprised of India-Brunei MoU on operation of telemetry tracking for satellites
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Brunei Darussalam on cooperation in the operation of telemetry tracking and telecomm and station for satellite and launch vehicles, and for cooperation in the field of space research, science and applications.
Cabinet approves MoU with South Africa on exploration, uses of outer space
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approvedthe signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Africa on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
Cabinet approves MoU on blockchain technology by Exim Bank and BRICS Interbank Cooperation Mechanism
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on collaborative research on distributed ledger and blockchain technology in the context of development of digital economy by Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) with the participating member banks, under the BRICS Interbank Cooperation Mechanism.
India, Iran and Afghanistan hold first tripartite meeting in Kabul
- India, Iran and Afghanistan held their first tripartite meeting in Kabul during which implementation of the Chabahar port project and a host of other issues including ways to deepen counter-terror cooperation were discussed.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Two Day Regional Conference on Good Governance with Focus on Aspirational Districts held in Bhopal
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG), Government of India in association with Government of Madhya Pradesh is organizing a Regional Conference on Good Governance with Focus on Aspirational Districts, in Bhopal. Delegates from 12 States and 2 UTs will participate in the Conference.
2018 Global Summit on Climate Action will be held at San Francisco in California, United States
- The 2018 Global Summit on Climate Action will be held at San Francisco in California, United States from September 12 to 14, 2018. The summit is a platform that brings together several decision makers and officials, as well as people, from around the world to discuss proposals for future action on climate change. It will serve as a starting point for broader and more effective global commitments, to reduce the impacts of climate change and achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement. It will also promote climate action in five key areas: Healthy Energy Systems, Inclusive Economic Growth, Sustainable Communities, Land and Ocean Stewardship and Transformative Climate Investments.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
‘The Beauty of All My Days: A Memoir’ by Ruskin Bond
- Author Ruskin Bond has been penning his life experiences — in both fiction and nonfiction — for well over six decades now and is back with a fresh memoir, “The Beauty of All My Days”. The book has 10 chapters and numerous photographs of the writer’s private life, or as Bond describes it, writerly life.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Anti-open defecation campaign flagged off in Lucknow
- The Lucknow Municipal Corporation launched an anti-open defecation campaign, titled “Khule me shauch ki ghanti bajao – siti bajao” (whistle blowing campaign against open defection), in line with Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s vision to make the capital city Open Defecation Free (ODF) by October 2.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Kolkata tops in 4G Coverage in India, Jammu and Kashmir ranked last
- Kolkata has topped OpenSignal’s list of 4G availability with over 90.7% coverage, across all of India’s 22 telecom circles for the May-July period this year. It is followed by Punjab (89.8%), Bihar (89.2%), Madhya Pradesh (89.1%) and Odisha (89%). The Jammu and Kashmir circle comes at the last spot with 80.23 percent 4G availability.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
VC 11184: HSL to undertake sea trials of India’s first ocean surveillance ship
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) is gearing up to undertake sea trials of India’s first ocean surveillance ship by end of September 2018 or first week of October 2018. This ship is now simply referred as VC 11184 and will be formally named after its induction into the Indian Navy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
BFI nominated Amit Panghal for Arjuna award 2018
- Boxer Amit Panghal, Asian Games 2018 gold medallist, was nominated for this year’s Arjuna award by the Boxing Federation of India. He joined Sonia Lather and Gaurav Bidhuri in the list of boxing nominees.
Sardar Singh announces retirement from international hockey
- Former India Hockey captain Sardar Singh has announced his retirement from international hockey after an illustrious career spanning 12 years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITURIES
Noted writer Rita Jitendra passes away
- Dr Rita Jitendra passed away at Doordarshan Kendra in Srinagar while speaking during the live broadcast of DD Kashir’s “Good Morning J&K” programme. Jitendra, a leading educationist and writer, was declared dead on arrival at SMHS Hospital.
Freedom fighter Goura Chandra Mohapatra passes away at 104
- Veteran freedom fighter Goura Chandra Mohapatra passed away at the age of 104 at Bhadrak District Headquarters Hospital, family sources said. Mohapatra, who was jailed during Quit India Movement in 1942, was suffering from old age related ailments.
/ 5. Reviews