Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- National Children’s day is celebrating on November 14th. Children’s Day is a day recognised to celebrate children. It is recognised for the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
World Diabetes Day
- World Diabetes Day is the primary global awareness campaign focusing on diabetes mellitus and is held on 14 November each year.
|Theme||The Family and Diabetes|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Modi to issue unique Rs 75 coin in memory of Subhash Chandra Bose
- With an aim to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Tricolour hoisting for the first time by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose at Port Blair, the central government has announced a release of Rs 75 coin.
Satyarup Siddhanta became the first Indian to climb Mt Giluwe
- Indian mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta became the first Indian to climb Mt Giluwe, the second highest mountain in Papua New Guinea. Satyarup reached the summit of the mountain which is at an elevation of 4,367 metres. Satya now has scaled 5 of the 7 volcanic summits.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
West Bengal decided to set up development boards for the Matua and Namasudra communities
- West Bengal cabinet, headed by CM Mamata Banerjee, decided to set up development boards for the Matua and Namasudra communities. The two boards are West Bengal Namasudra Welfare Board and West Bengal Matua Welfare Board. The chairperson and members of the welfare boards will be decided by the State Chief Minister, Ms. Mamata Banerjee.
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
Tripura has dropped the May Day from the list of holidays in the state
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has dropped the May Day from the list of holidays in the State. He said that the government employees do not need a holiday on International Labour Rights Day. He also claimed that his government has done justice by granting holiday on May 1 only to workers in industrial sector as the day is meant for workers and labourers and no one else.
|CM||Biplab Kumar Deb|
|Governor||Kaptan Singh Solanki|
Nagaland launched GPS mapping of government schools and personnel location system in the state
- Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio launched GPS Mapping of Government Schools and Personnel Location System in Kohima. This would help in computerization and digitization of records of all the government schools. This is a first in the country initiative and was under taken by the School Education Department of the state.
PM inaugurates country’s first multi-modal terminal constructed on river Ganga in Varanasi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first Inland Multi-Modal Terminal Port on river Ganga at Ramnagar in Varanasi and received first container cargo belonging to PepsiCo.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Binny Bansal has resigned as CEO of Flipkart Group
- Co-founder Binny Bansal has resigned as CEO of Flipkart Group. This was announced by Walmart, the new owner of the e-commerce company.Kalyan Krishnamurthy will continue to be CEO of Flipkart, which will now include Myntra and Jabong, continuing to operate as separate platforms within the Flipkart business.
Bharti Airtel names Adarsh Nair as Chief Product Officer
- Bharti Airtel has named Adarsh Nair its Chief Product Officer (CPO) to drive the Sunil Mittal-led telco’s digital transformation. Nair, who was previously head (product & growth) at US-based Convoy Inc, will report to Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal.
MS Dhoni is brand ambassador of Bharatmatrimony
- Online matrimony brand BharatMatrimony has announced cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni as its brand ambassador.
Sadananda Gowda and Narendra Singh Tomar gets additional charge
- After the demise of Union Minister Ananth Kumar, Union Minister DV Sadananda Gowda has got the additional charge of the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers and Narendra Singh Tomar was assigned the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
The third “Quadrilateral” or Quad meeting held in Singapore
- Officials from 4 countries (Quad) – Australia, India, Japan and the United States will hold the third “Quadrilateral” or Quad meeting in Singapore on November 14th. The meeting will be held on the sidelines of the East Asia Summit. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend this meeting, and is expected to focus on infrastructure projects, maritime security cooperation and discuss regional challenges including development.
Indian Army and China organize a high-level meeting to maintain peace along Line of Actual Control in Bumla, Arunachal Pradesh
- Indian Army officials and Chinese PLA troops organized a high-level meeting at Bumla, near Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh. The two sides reaffirmed their resolve to strengthen friendship and maintain peace along the 4057-km-long Line of Actual Control separates India from China. India was by led by Major General PGK Menon and the Chinese side had Major General Li Xi Zhong. This was the first time major generals of the two countries took part in a border personnel meeting (BPM), since its initiation in 1990.
17th ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Council Meeting was held in Singapore
- The 17th ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Council Meeting was held in Singapore as part of the 33rd ASEAN Summit and Related Summit Meetings. The blueprint seeks sustained and long-term growth for the ASEAN region.
|Theme||Resilient and Innovative Asean|
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the world’s largest financial technology festival Fintech in Singapore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the world’s largest financial technology festival Fintech in Singapore. Addressing the gathering, Prime Minister stated Fintech is a celebration of belief in the spirit of innovation and power of technology.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Twitter launches #PowerOf18 campaign to boost youth engagement for 2019 polls
- Twitter India has launched #PowerOf18 campaign aimed at encouraging youth to contribute in public debates and participate in civic engagement for the 2019 general elections. The initiative was launched by Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey and Maya Hari, Vice-President and Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Twitter during townhall chat with the students of IIT Delhi.
The 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) has begun in New Delhi
- The 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) has begun at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The 14-day annual event will continue till 27th of November. This year the theme of the fair is ‘Rural Enterprises in India’.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ began at Surabaya, Indonesia
- The inaugural edition of Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ began at Surabaya, Indonesia. The Indian Naval Ship (INS) Rana of the Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam under the Eastern Naval Command arrived at the port of Surabaya to participate in the exercise.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Saurabh Netravalkar has been appointed captain of the United States national cricket team
- Saurabh Netravalkar, a former Mumbai medium pacer and India U-19 cricketer, has been appointed captain of the United States national cricket team. Saurabh Netravalkar is a 27-year-old software engineer. He had left to United States from India, to study computer science in Cornell University. He was India’s highest wicket-taker in the 2010 U-19 World Cup. He also played Ranji Trophy for a season.
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) won the Brazilian Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) won the Brazilian Grand Prix after Red Bull’s Max Verstappen lost the lead in a collision with backmarker Esteban Ocon (Force India).
/ 5. Reviews