Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government Approves 100% Electrification of Railways By 2021-22
- Four months after Prime Minister Narendra Modi questioned the need for total electrification of the country’s rail network, the PM-led Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved 100 per cent electrification of the Indian Railways, tentativelyby 2021-22, settling a decades-long debate.
Radha Mohan Singh launches Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund
- Vast opportunities exist today for dairy entrepreneurs and in order to concretize these opportunities and help double the income of dairy farmers, Rs 51,077 crore is needed to operationalize the National Action Plan (Vision-2024), Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh said at the inauguration ceremony of Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF) in New Delhi.
INMAS develops India’s first indigenous anti-nuclear medical kit
- In a major shot in the arm for paramilitary and police forces, scientists at a central research institute claim to have developed India’s first indigenous medical kit that may ensure protection from serious injuries and faster healing of wounds resulting from nuclear warfare or radioactive leakage.
- The kit, developed after two decades of work by the Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), has over 25 items, including radio-protectors that provide 80-90 per cent protection against radiation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
IWC defeated the proposal to create Whale Sanctuary
- The International Whaling Commission (IWC) defeated a proposal to create a whale sanctuary in the South Atlantic at a meeting in Brazil. The proposal received support from 39 countries but was opposed by 25. Brazil first introduced the proposal in 2001.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
On Ganesh Chaturthi, 580-kg laddu prepared in Hyderabad
- The sweetmeat was prepared by Suruchi Food at Tapeswaram in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The laddu costs about ₹3 lakh, with 220 kg sugar, 145 kg cow ghee, 175 kg Bengal gram flour, 25 kg cashew, going into its making besides other ingredients.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital
Delhi government orders all Delhi schools to collect Aadhaar details of school children
- The Delhi government has asked all Delhi schools including government, government-aided and private schools, to collect Aadhaar details of their students. The government is to create a DATA BANK of the students of Delhi. The move is because of the study in two east Delhi schools which stated that 60% of students in one and 50% in the other were residents of a neighbouring State.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Federal Bank inks MOU with Infopark Kakkanad
- Federal Bank, which is in the process of formation of a wholly owned subsidiary company, has executed MOU with Infopark Kakkanad for leasing space in their campus.
- The Bank has already obtained in principle approval of the Reserve Bank of India for the creation of a subsidiary company. The proposed company will integrate and handle all the back-end operations of the Bank.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
IATO’s 34th annual convention held at Visakhapatnam
- The 34th annual convention of one of India’s biggest inbound travel trade associations,the Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO), started with a grand opening in Visakhapatnam. Arriving on time for the inauguration, K J Alphons, Minister of State (IC) for Tourism, Govt of India, graced the event that saw an overwhelming attendance from IATO members pan India.
Tamil Nadu to hold Global Investors’ Meet in January 2019
- The Tamil Nadugovernment formally launched its investment promotion campaign for ‘Global Investors Meet 2019’ to be held in January next year. The roadshow organised here to woo investors ahead of the state government’s second edition of the two-day meet in Chennai on 23-24 January was led by Tamil Nadu Industries Minister Thiru M C Sampath.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
French author pens Sri Sri’s authorised biography
- French political writer and journalist Francois Gautier, who has been living in India since 1971, will be releasing the authorisedbiography of spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. The book will be published by Penguin Random House India and will soon be available in the market.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
PM Modi Announces Launch Of ‘Swachhata Hi Seva Movement’
- To mark the 150thbirth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the launch of ‘Swachhata Hi Seva Movement’ from September 15. The mission — which also celebrates the fourth anniversary of the SBM — will take place across the length and breadth of the country and will continue till Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary on October 2, the Prime Minister said. The initiative will see people from all walks of life taking part in various cleanliness drives across the length and breadth of the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
National Scholarship Portal Mobile App launched
- Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvilaunched the country’s first National Scholarship Portal Mobile App (NSP Mobile App) in New Delhi. Speaking on the occasion, Mr Navqi said, this Portal will ensure a smooth, accessible and hassle-free scholarship system for students belonging to poor and weaker sections.
Google’s Mailing App ‘Inbox’ to discontinue from March 2019
- Google is set to shut downits alternate mailing app “Inbox” in March 2019, giving users time to shift to the traditional Gmail by then, the company has said in a blog post.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Former England captain Collingwood announces retirement
- Former England captain Paul Collingwoodwill retire from professional cricket at the end of the current season. Collingwood, 42, became the first England captain to win a trophy at a global tournament when he guided them to the ICC World T20 in 2010.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITURIES
Padma Bhushan economist VS Vyas passes away
- Padma Bhushan awardee and noted agricultural economist Vijay Shankar Vyaspassed away in Jaipur after a brief illness. He was 87.