Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Indian Army has dedicated the Year 2018 as the Year of the Disabled Soldier
- Army Chief General Bipin Rawat announced that Indian Army has dedicated the Year 2018 to the welfare of Disabled Soldiers who have been disabled in the line of duty, when serving for India.
Government launches LEAP and ARPIT programmes for higher education faculty
- Union Ministry off Human Resource Development launched two new initiatives viz. Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) and Annual Refresher Programme In Teaching (ARPIT) for higher education faculty.
- ARPIT is unique initiative of online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty. LEAP is three weeks flagship leadership development training programme for second level academic functionaries in higher education institutions
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Government sets up state of-the-art national data repository in Abu Dhabi
- The Government has set up a state of -the- art National Data Repository. At the DG Carbons Roadshow programme in Abu Dhabi Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan stated that it is a database of all the geo-scientific data of hydrocarbon resources in the country.
||Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum
The United Nations Security Council has lift sanctions against Eritrea after nine years
- The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has unanimously agreed to lift sanctions against Eritrea after nine years. An arms embargo, asset freeze, and travel ban were imposed in 2009 amid claims that Eritrea supported al-Shabab militants in Somalia.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
UP cabinet approves renaming of Faizabad as Ayodhya, Allahabad as Prayagraj
- Uttar Pradesh Government has approved renaming of Faizabad and Allahabad divisions as Ayodhya and Prayagraj respectively.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital
Odisha government provides free smartphones for women self help groups
- Odisha government is to provide free smartphones to all the 6 lakh women self-help groups under its Mission Shakti programme. Around 70 lakh women associated with various SHGs will benefit due to the move.
Odisha signed MoU with the All India Football Federation host National team camps and also I-League side Indian Arrows
- Odisha government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the All India Football Federation (AIFF) at the Kalinga Stadium complex, Bhubaneswar, Odisha in the presence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. As per the agreement, the State government will host National team camps and also I-League side Indian Arrows. The training and connected infrastructure like gymnasiums, swimming pool, etc, will be housed at the Kalinga Stadium Complex.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Google to implement a Transparency Policy for Buying Political Adverts ahead of Indian Elections
- Google to implement a Transparency Policy for Buying Political Adverts ahead of Indian Elections. The company put in place a global framework and will also establish tools to stop the spread of fake news related to elections. Google brought its newly expanded Safety Centre to India. The Safety Centre, as its name suggests, is designed as a one-stop place from where you can access all the relevant resources to enhance their privacy and safety across all Google products and services.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Bank for International Settlements (BIS) names Siddharth Tiwari as Chief Representative for Asia
- The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) announced a new addition to its team, with Siddharth Tiwari joining as the Chief Representative for Asia and the Pacific. He succeeds Eli Remolona, who was the previous Chief Representative of the Asian Office who held this position from 2008 to 2018.
Government appoints Sanjay Mishra as New Enforcement Directorate Chief
- Indian Revenue Service officer Sanjay Mishra was appointed as the new Enforcement Directorate Director (ED) in an additional capacity for three months. He has replaced Karnal Singh. He has also been appointed as the Principal Special Director in the same agency.
Vinod Dasari, CEO and MD of Ashok Leyland, steps down
- Vinod Dasari announced his decision to resign from the company citing personal reasons.
Yes Bank Chairman Ashok Chawla resigns over corruption charges
- Ashok Chawla who was appointed as the bank’s non-executive Chairman in 2016 has resigned with immediate effect. According to the reports, the resignation comes after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) released a charge sheet against Chawla over corruption.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Dr. Martha Farrell Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
- Late Dr. Martha Farrell has been honoured with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” at the 6th Indian Social Work Congress in New Delhi. Dr. Farrell was recognized for her lifelong work towards gender equality, women’s empowerment and prevention of sexual harassment at workplace.
Barcelona star Lionel Messi was named FIFA La Liga World Player of the Year
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi was named FIFA La Liga World Player of the Year, adding one more title to his abundant collection of soccer’s great honours. Messi lifted the prestigious award at FIFA’s gala ceremony in Zurich, outdistancing the last two winners, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka.
Infosys Prize 2018: 6 professors awarded for science and research
|Engineering and Computer Science
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
The India-UK Cancer Research Initiative has been signed in New Delhi
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the partnership between Department of Biotechnology and Cancer Research UK (CRUK) for the India-UK Cancer Research Initiative has been signed in New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
DIPP hosts Global Digital Content Market 2018
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, is hosting a conference on Global Digital Content Market (GDCM)2018, on14th- 15thNovember 2018, in New Delhi.
38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi
- The 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) was held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The 14-day annual event was inaugurated by inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Culture, Mahesh Sharma. It is organised by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO).
||Rural Enterprises in India
6th Indian Social Work Congress in New Delhi
- The 6th Indian Social Work Congress was held in New Delhi. It was joinly organized by National Association of Professional Social Workers in India (NAPSWI) and Department of Social Work (Delhi School of Social Work), University of Delhi. Dr. Martha Farrell posthumously honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award during this edition of congress for her lifelong work towards gender equality, women’s empowerment and prevention of sexual harassment at workplace.
2-day annual meeting of WEF Global Future Councils held in Dubai
- The two-day annual meeting of World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Councils was held in Dubai, the UAE. Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum attended the opening session.
2nd Start-up India Investment Seminar in Beijing
- Embassy of India in China in partnership with Startup India Association (SIA) and Venture Gurukool organized 2nd Start-up India Investment Seminar on 12 November 2018 in Beijing for fostering innovation and entrepreneurship among Indian youth.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Agriculture Ministry Launches NCDC’s ‘Yuva Sahakar Scheme’
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh launched the ‘Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme’ of the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- The schemes aims for attracting youth to cooperative business ventures. The scheme will be linked to Rs 1000 crore ‘Cooperative Start-up and Innovation Fund (CSIF)’ created by the NCDC. The funding for the project will be up to 80% of the project cost for these special categories against 70% for others.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India is 16th rank in the safest country to visit, Iceland topped the charts
- Travel recently ranked 20 of the most popular destinations around the world for its safety. It took into consideration several factors like crime rates, the likelihood of terrorist attacks, natural disasters and health concerns. Iceland topped the charts of safest country to visit and India Ranked 16th from top and 4th from bottom.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indra 2018: India, Russia joint military exercise held in Jhansi, UP
- The joint military exercise between Indian and Russia EXERCISE INDRA 2018 was conducted at Babina Field Firing Ranges, Babina Military Station Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh. It was tenth exercise in the series of Exercise INDRA aimed at increasing interoperability between Indian and Russian Armies.
ISRO launches GSAT-29 communication satellite from Andhra Pradesh
- GSAT-29 communication satellite, which is being carried by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) was launched into space. The satellite aims at solving the communication barriers faced by Village Resource Centres (VRCs), which are responsible for providing space-based services to ISRO from rural areas.
ISRO has taken its first step towards its mid-2023-planned mission to Venus
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has taken its first step towards its mid-2023-planned mission to Venus. It issued an announcement of opportunity (AO) to the international space community to propose their scientific payloads to be carried on the mission. This AO for space-based experiments to study Venus is open to international scientists from various space agencies.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
The Women’s World Boxing Championships begins in Delhi
- The Women’s World Boxing Championships begins in Delhi. This tenth edition of the tournament is set to be the biggest ever as more than 300 boxers from 72 countries are taking part.