Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Integration Day – June 16
- International Integration Day is held on June 16th and is an annual international UN observance day on the same date each year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Conference On Implementation Of NPS By The CABs Held In Delhi
- A Conference on Implementation of National Pension System (NPS)by the Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) was organized by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in Delhi.
National Tribal Museum proposed to be set up at Delhi-Shri Jual Oram:
- A National Tribal Museumand a National Level Tribal Research Institute is proposed to be set up at Delhi by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Pakisthan Taliban head ‘Mullah Radio’ killed in U.S.-led strike
- Pakistani Taliban leader Mullah Fazlullah has been killed in a U.S.-Afghan air strike in Afghanistan, a senior Afghan Defence Ministry official said on Friday, a killing likely to ease tension between the United States and Pakistan.
- An official at the NATO-led Resolute Support mission in Afghanistan confirmed Fazlullah was killed.
Former World Bank Economist Omar Al-Razzaz Sworn In As Jordan PM
- Former World Bank Economist Omar al-Razzazwas sworn in as Jordan’s Prime Minister after King Abdullah issued a decree approving the new government. The 58-year-old, who studied at Harvard University, was tasked with reviewing the country’s disputed tax system. Omar succeeded Hani al-Mulki who resigned following mass protests over price hikes and other government economic policies.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Kerala State Literacy Mission Authority initiated a ‘water literacy’ campaign
- The Kerala State Literacy Mission Authority initiated a ‘water literacy’ campaign with the involvement of 70,000 students aiming to create awareness about the importance of water conservation in the State.
- As per the campaign, every student will take classes about water conservation for 15 families in their locality.
Arunachal Pradesh government inks agreement with SVM
- The Arunachal Pradesh govt inked an agreement with Andhra Pradesh-based Smart Village Movement (SVM) to facilitate technology innovations, research and development in selected villages of the north-eastern state.
- The man behind the Smart Village Movement, Solomon Darwin, will be the adviser to the project’s core team.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
|Governor||B. D. Mishra|
Maharashtra CM Meets World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavismet World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva in Washington DC to seek assistance for a Multimodal Transport Corridor and the Rural Livelihood Project which aims to provide sustainable livelihood enhancements in 10,000 villages in the state.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
MARG ERP Ltd partners with ICICI Bank:
- Marg ERP limited, a leading Inventory and Accounting software solution company has partnered with ICICI Bank to offer an integrated payments platform to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) customers, using MARG’s accounting software.
- ICICI bank is the India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets.
Fitch Ups India Growth Forecast To 7.4% for FY’19
- Fitch Ratingsraised India growth forecast for 2018-19 to 4% from 7.3% but cited higher financing costs and rising oil prices as risks to growth. For 2019-20, it estimated the country to grow at 7.5%. The economy grew at 6.7% in 2017-18 and 7.7% in January-March quarter.
HDFC, 5th Biggest Consumer Financial Services Company Worldwide: Forbes
- Housing finance major HDFChas been ranked as the 5th biggest public company globally in the ‘consumer financial services category’ on a list compiled by Forbes magazine. HDFC’s rank has moved up from 7th place last year. American Express has topped this category, while Indiabulls Housing Finance is the only other Indian company (at 13th place) on the list.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
106th Science Congress to be hosted by Lovely Professional University (LPU) in Jalandhar:
- Government was announced that The 106th Indian Science Congresswill be held at Lovely Professional University (LPU) in Jalandhar, Punjabfrom January 3 to 7, 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
India To Host European Union Film Festival
- The European Union Film Festival (EUFF)will premiere in New Delhi at the Siri Fort Auditorium. With a selection of 24 latest European films from 23 EU Member States, this years’ film festival brings some unusual stories for the world cinema enthusiasts. The European Union Film Festival is organized by Directorate of Film Festivals.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
ISRO plans next launch mission in August
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has slated its next launch mission, an Earth observation satellite, tentatively for August. The last one was in April.
- The upcoming episode will include 25 to 30 small secondary foreign satellites as passengers on the light payload lifting rocket, PSLV-C42.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Nitin Gadkari Releases NABARD Publication On ‘Water Productivity Mapping Of Major Indian Crops’:
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari released a book ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’published by NABARD in a function at New Delhi.The book ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’ is based on a study of 10 important crops by a team under the leadership of leading agricultural economist Dr. Ashok Gulati.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Smriti Mandhana to become first Indian to play in England’s Kia Super League
- India Women’s Cricket team opener Smriti Mandhana will become the first Indian player to appear in Kia Super League – the women’s cricket super league in England.
- She has been signed by Western Storm and will represent them in the upcoming edition of the tournament that features six teams.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Veteran Journalist Adiraju Venkateswara Rao Passes Away
- Senior journalist and writer Adiraju Venkateswara Raopassed away. He was 79. Rao worked in different Telugu and English newspapers. He also authored several books. He played an active role in the separate Telangana agitation in 1969 and the state government honoured him during the Telangana formation day celebrations recently.