Current Affairs Today 16th March 2018
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government has proposed Common Eligibility Test to Rajya Sabha on 14th March 2018:
- Government has been proposed Common Eligibility Test (CET) to Rajya Sabha on 14th March 2018, that a Common Eligibility Test (CET) will be conducted for govt exams viz SSC, Banking, Railway and others 2019 onward.
- However it still is not officially out and will be treated as a supposition until it is proclaimed on the papers.
- This is proposed in order to bring transparency in various government procedures, to ease the difficulty faced by surging candidates after failure in the proper conduction of exam
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Sri Lanka lifts FB ban after it agrees to curb hate speech
- Sri Lanka has lifted its ban on Facebook after the social media giant agreed to step up efforts to curb hate speech amid the ongoing emergency in the country.
- A 10-day nation-wide state of emergency was imposed following clashes between Buddhist and Muslim communities in the country’s Kandy district. Sri Lanka lifted its ban on WhatsApp.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Andhra Pradesh Stands At 51st Position In Global Multidimensional Poverty Index:
- Andhra Pradesh stands at equivalent to 51st rank globally in Multidimensional Poverty Index (2017) according to a recent household survey conducted in the state.
- Andhra Pradesh becomes the first Indian state to conduct an exclusive household survey at state and district level to estimate the multidimensional poverty of the state.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the Andhra Pradesh Multidimensional Poverty (MPI) Index Report 2017. As per the report Andhra Pradesh has an index value of 0.0825 whereas India as at 66th position with an index value of 0.1911.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Hyderabad|
Navi Mumbai junctions get buttons to change traffic signal:
- In a first, the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation has installed pedestrian push buttons at certain junctions, allowing pedestrians to change the traffic signal.
- Traffic signals on all four sides of the junction will carry the push buttons. Once the pedestrians push the buttons, the signal will turn red for vehicles and will change to the green pedestrian sign.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
India’s GDP will touch 7.3% in next fiscal: Fitch
- Rating agency Fitch has projected India’s economic growth to rise to 7.3% next fiscal and further to 7.5% in 2019-20.
- The agency said the disruptions related to the Goods and Services Tax (GST) rollout in July 2017 has gradually diminished.
- It added the currency in circulation recovered to its pre-demonetisation level in mid-2017 and is now increasing steadily.
IBBI Signs MoU With Reserve Bank Of India
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed an MoU with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The MoU was signed by Sudarshan Sen, Executive Director of the RBI and Dr. Mamta Suri, Executive Director of the IBBI during the 4th meeting of the Insolvency Law Committee (ILC) at New Delhi.
- Under the MoU, the RBI and the IBBI will work in partnership for the effective implementation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and its allied rules and regulations.
- The MoU provides for sharing of information between the RBI and the IBBI, subject to the limitations imposed by the applicable laws.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBOLE APPLICATION AND PORTAL
NCRB Launches ‘Citizen Services’ Mobile App:
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) launched a mobile app called ‘Citizen Services’ on the occasion of its 33rd Inception Day.
- The application has been developed in-house by the NCRB. It will offer various essential police related services to the citizens. The application comprises a bouquet of 9 police related services for the citizen.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Jackie Shroff’s ‘Shunyata’ Wins International Award In US:
- Actor Jackie Shroff’s short film ‘Shunyata’ has won an award at Best of India Short Film Festival in Los Angeles, US. The 22-minute fiction film directed by Chintan Sarda was selected to be in top six from amongst thousands of entries and was played at a theatre in Los Angeles.
- An industry based jury then adjudged it the best film. The prize includes a cash prize of $1,000.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATIONS
Slovak PM Robert Fico Resigns
- Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico and his government resigned as a way out of the political crisis triggered by the slayings of an investigative journalist and his fiancee.
- Slovak President Andrej Kiska accepted the resignation.
- The President has asked Peter Pellegrini, Fico’s deputy prime minister, to form a new government.
Sangeeta Bahadur Appointed Next Ambassador Of India To Belarus:
- Sangeeta Bahadur has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Belarus. She is an IFS officer of 1987 batch.
- She is currently Additional Secretary in Ministry of External Affairs
Larry Kudlow Becomes Trump’s New Economic Adviser:
- President Donald Trump named Larry Kudlow as the next head of the White House National Economic Council. He has replaced Gary Cohn.
- Mr Kundlow is the conservative media analyst who served as his informal economic adviser during the 2016 campaign.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
IATA Partners With Civil Aviation Ministry In India:
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has signed an MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the National Aviation University to enhance human resource availability in India’s aviation industry.
- Under the agreement, the signatory institutions would also leverage “the existing infrastructure for training in India to expand the reach of vocational training in aviation disciplines”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Annual Krishi Unnati Mela Begins In New Delhi
- The three-day annual Krishi Unnati Mela has begun in New Delhi with a focus on doubling farmers’ income.
- The objective of the event is to create awareness among farmers about the latest agriculture-related technological developments.
- Lakhs of farmers and agriculture scientists will participate in the mela. The main theme pavilion will be based on Doubling of farmer’s income by 2022.
- The theme area will display different kinds of organic farming techniques like natural farming and eco farming.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
WHO Member-Countries Commit To End TB By 2030:
- Member-countries of the World Health Organisation (WHO) South-East Asia Region, including India, committed to intensifying efforts to eradicate tuberculosis by 2030.
- The summit sets the stage for the September 2018 United Nations high-level meeting on TB, wherein the issue will be discussed at the Heads of State level.
- The UN meeting is likely to endorse a set of goals to put the world on course to ending TB.
PM To Inaugurate 105th Indian Science Congress In Imphal
- PM Modi inaugurated the 105th Indian Science Congress in Imphal, Manipur. The theme for ISC 2018 is ‘reaching the unreached through science and technology’.
- This event is being held in Manipur for the first time and for the second time in the North-East. Earlier it was held at Shillong in 2009.
- The 5-day Congress will see the participation of over 5000 delegates comprising of scientists, scholars and corporate officials from different parts of the country and abroad.
|Theme||‘Reaching the unreached through science and technology’|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Jaffer 1st Indian aged 40+ to hit 250 in first-class innings
- Wasim Jaffer has become the first Indian over 40 years of age to slam a 250-plus score in a first-class innings.
- Vidarbha’s 40-year-old Jaffer achieved the feat by hitting an unbeaten 285 in the first innings against Rest of India in the ongoing Irani Cup. Jaffer also surpassed 18,000 first-class runs, becoming the sixth Indian to achieve the feat.
Dear Aspirants, More Today’s Current Affairs News will be updated very soon, Kindly stay with us..
/ 5. Reviews