Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Day for Tolerance 2018
- The International Day for Tolerance is an annual observance day declared by UNESCO in 1995 to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance. It is observed on 16 November.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India Post launches e-commerce portal
- India Post announced the soft launch of its e-commerce portal. Department of Posts has done only soft launch of the portal. The full fledge operations of the service will begin after mid-December 2018. India Post will utilise its parcel business network for this purpose. Department of Posts has been focusing on e-commerce sector to improve its revenue receipts.
Natural Gas may become world’s 2nd largest energy source by 2030: Report by IEA
- According to report by International Energy Agency (IEA) titled World Energy Outlook 2018, natural gas is expected to overtake coal as the world’s second largest energy source after oil by 2030.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
NITI Aayog has constituted the ‘Himalayan State Regional Council’ to ensure sustainable development of the Indian Himalayan region
- NITI Aayog has constituted the ‘Himalayan State Regional Council’ to ensure sustainable development of the Indian Himalayan region. The Council has been constituted to review and implement identified action points based on the Reports of five Working Groups, which were established along thematic areas to prepare a roadmap for action.
|Himachal Pradesh Capital||Shimla|
|CM||Jai Ram Thakur|
2nd Mega Food Park in Maharashtra inaugurated in Aurangabad
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated 2nd Mega Food Park in Maharashtra, in Wahegaon and Dhangaon village in Paithan taluka of Aurangabad district.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
NIPUN: Delhi Police launched e-learning portal for training its personnel
- Delhi Police has launched an e-learning portal ‘Nipun’ to impart training and provide up to date information to police officers. The initiative is aimed at imparting in-service online training and information to police personnel through specialised courses available online which have been designed by experts in various fields.
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
Biotechnology Policy 2018 launched by Odisha government to promote biotechnology investments
- The Odisha government launched a Biotechnology Policy 2018 at the Make in Odisha Conclave held in Bhubaneswar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI injected Rs 12,000 crore liquidity via OMO on November 15
- Reserve Bank of India pumped in Rs 12,000 crore into the system through purchase of government securities. The eligible participants submitted their offers in electronic format on the Reserve Bank of India Core Banking Solution (E-Kuber) system.
- According to the statement,
- The Stocks were issued for a minimum amount of Rs. 10,000/- (nominal) and in multiples of Rs. 10,000/- thereafter. Interest on the Government Stock will be paid half-yearly.
Nexxt Credit Card: IndusInd Bank launches first interactive Credit Card in India with buttons
- IndusInd Bank has launched first interactive Credit Card in India with buttons called IndusInd Bank Nexxt Credit Card. It will give customer multiple options on how to make a payment using his or her Credit Card. This Card has been created in partnership with Pittsburgh USA headquartered Dynamics Inc., which designs and manufactures intelligent, battery powered payment cards
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Ashish Chowdhary is Chief Customer Operations Officer at Nokia Networks
- Ashish Chowdhary is Chief Customer Operations Officer at Nokia Networks. He will leave Nokia Networks at the end of 2018. He will take charge as Apple’s India operation head in January 2019. He has 25 years of international experience in the enterprise and telecom sectors.
Vodafone Group appointed Sanjiv Ahuja as a non-executive director
- Vodafone Group appointed Sanjiv Ahuja as a non-executive director with immediate effect. Sanjiv Ahuja is the Chairman of Tillman Global Holdings, which was founded by him in 2013.
Athlete Hima Das appointed first Youth Ambassador of UNICEF India
- India’s ace sprinter and Asian Games gold-medallist sprinter Hima Das was appointed as first ever youth ambassador of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India. UNICEF India works with central government to ensure that each child born in country gets best start in life, thrives and develops to his or her full potential.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Dr Debabhuson Borah has been honoured with the prestigious Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2018
- Young writer-critic Dr Debabhuson Borah has been honoured with the prestigious Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2018 in Assam for his book on literary criticism titled ‘Nirbochon’
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India and UK sign MoU for collaboration in cancer research
- India and United Kingdom have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for collaboration in cancer research. It is follow-up to joint statement issued by Prime Ministers of India and UK during visit of PM Narendra Modi to the UK in April 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Regional meeting of World Customs Organisation being held in Jaipur
- Four-day regional meeting of World Customs Organisation (WCO) was held in Jaipur, capital city of Rajasthan.
5-Day long India- Taiwan SME Development Forum was held at Taipei, Taiwan
- The 5-Day long India- Taiwan SME Development Forum was held at Taipei, Taiwan. The Indian Delegation was led by Secretary MSME Dr. Arun Kumar Panda.
9th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 is scheduled to be held in Gandhinagar
- The 9th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 is scheduled to be held in Gandhinagar from 18th to 20th January with theme `Shaping of a New India’. The `Youth Connect Forums’. The summit will provide a forum for discussion on global, national and state-level agendas with a sharp focus on all round economic development for a ‘New India’. United Arab Emirates (UAE) will participate in the summit as a partner country for the second consecutive year.
World Tolerance Day was inaugurated in Dubai, the UAE
- The two-day summit to mark the World Tolerance Day was inaugurated in Dubai, the UAE. Held for the first time in UAE, the theme of the Summit was ‘Prospering from Pluralism: Embracing Diversity through Innovation and Collaboration’.
|Theme||Prospering from Pluralism: Embracing Diversity through Innovation and Collaboration|
6th Indian Social Work Congress (ISWC) held in New Delhi
- From 1st to 3rd November 2018, 6th Indian Social Work Congress (ISWC) was held in New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Czech Republic won the 2018 Fed Cup Trophy for the 6th time in eight years
- Czech Republic won the 2018 Fed Cup Trophy for the 6th time in eight years, in Czech Republic. Czech Republic defeated defending champion United States 3-0 in the final and won the 2018 Fed Cup. It was the first victory for Czech Republic against United States, since Czech Republic was created after separation from Czechoslovakia in 1993. U.S. has won 18 Fed Cups so far. Lucie Safarova and Helena Sukova of Czech Republic were awarded the Fed Cup Commitment Awards.
Australia’s John Hastings retires from International Cricket
- Australia all-rounder John Hastings announced his retirement from all forms of cricket due to a lung disease.
/ 5. Reviews