Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
National Epilepsy Day 2018 in India
- November 17 is observed every year as National Epilepsy Day to create awareness about epilepsy. Epilepsy is a chronic disorder of brain characterized by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’.
National Integration Day
- National Integration Day is observed on 19 November all over India. It is celebrated as the birth anniversary of the first woman Prime Minister of the India, Indira Gandhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Toxic named ‘Word of the Year 2018’ by Oxford Dictionaries
- Oxford Dictionaries said it chose the word “toxic” after seeing a 45 per cent rise in the number of times it had been looked up on its website, adding that it was selected for capturing the ethos, mood and preoccupations of 2018. With the #MeToo movement putting a cross-industry spotlight on toxic masculinity, and watershed political events like the Brett Kavanaugh Senate judiciary committee hearing sparking international debate, the term toxic masculinity has well and truly taken root in the public consciousness and got people talking in 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|PM||Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum|
Denmark signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with CGIAR to establish an international research centre
- Denmark signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with CGIAR to establish an international research center. The MoU was signed by Danish Health Minister Ellen Trane Norby Denmark in Seattle, in the United States, with the international network of research centres CGIAR.
|President||Lars Løkke Rasmussen|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Shripad Naik laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy at Dhargal, North Goa
- Union minister of state for Ayush Shripad Naik laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy at Dhargal, North Goa. The project will be a medical hub and will contribute to research due to its proximity to the biodiverse Western Ghats and the sea. The institute will house a 100-bed hospital, outpatient department and a research centre; and offer postgraduate and PhD courses. It will also boost tourism in Goa by offering various short-term courses on yoga and naturopathy.
India’s first specialised hospital for elephants was inaugurated by Agra Divisional Commissioner Anil Kumar in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura district.
- India’s first specialised hospital for elephants was inaugurated by Agra Divisional Commissioner Anil Kumar in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura district – Churmura village. It offers laser therapy, hydrotherapy, quarantine facilities and has a medical hoist to lift elephants. It also has an observation deck that allows veterinary students and interns to observe elephants’ behaviour.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
Mahindra Electric Mobility has opened a new electric technology manufacturing hub in Bengaluru
- Mahindra Electric Mobility has opened a new electric technology manufacturing hub which is of worth Rs.100 crore in Bengaluru. The new plant has rolled out its lithium-ion three-wheeler range, Treo and Treo Yaari. The new facility will make battery packs, power electronics and motor assembly which are an integral part of an electric powertrain. The plant uses global standards of manufacturing processes. It will increase the manufacturing capacity to 25,000 units per annum from the current 5,000 units.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
Regional meeting of the World Customs Organisation has started in Jaipur, Rajasthan
- The regional meeting of the World Customs Organisation has started in Jaipur, Rajasthan with representatives of 33 member countries of Asia attending it. The meeting is slated to deliberate upon various issues including the steps required for the capacity building and reforms in customs.The participants would also discuss and deliberate upon the amended Kyoto protocol, digital customs, e-commerce among other issues.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
O.P. Bhatt has resigned from the search and selection committee of Yes Bank
- P. Bhatt, former SBI chairman, has resigned from the search and selection committee of Yes Bank which was set up to identify a new Managing Director and CEO. He cited conflict of interest. Mr. Bhatt has attended three meetings of the search committee. Yes Bank stated that the Nomination and Remuneration Committee (NRC) has decided to continue with the existing members to complete the process as per the timeline communicated by RBI.
IT services firm Infosys named Jayesh Sanghrajka as its interim Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- India’s second largest IT services firm Infosys named Jayesh Sanghrajka as its interim Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The current CFO, MD Ranganath, step down after an 18-year career with the company. Sanghrajka has spent 13 years in Infosys over two stints and is currently Executive Vice President and Deputy Chief Financial Officer.
Dr Debabhuson Borah has been honoured with the prestigious Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2018 in Assam
- Young writer-critic Dr Debabhuson Borah has been honoured with the prestigious Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2018 in Assam for his book on literary criticism titled ‘Nirbochon’ The annual award, which carries a cash prize of Rs 50,000 along with a citation and a plaque, was instituted in the memory of renowned writer, critic and journalist Munin Barkotoki to encourage young and promising authors writing in Assamese.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
26th edition of Central and State Statistical Organizations(COCSSO) Conference was organized in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
- The 26th edition of Central and State Statistical Organizations(COCSSO) Conference was organized by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) in collaboration with Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Government of Himachal Pradesh at Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. The theme of the 26th Conference was “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics”. COCSSO is an annual conference which provides a platform for the Central and State statisticians to exchange views and discuss common issues relating to statistical activities.
Global Digital Content Market (GDCM) 2018 has started in New Delhi
- Global Digital Content Market (GDCM) 2018 has started in New Delhi with focus on ‘Asia Pacific region’. The 2-day conference will feature sessions on music, film, broadcasting and publishing, as well as collective management, emerging models and the implications for the market and policy makers. It is being organized by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
New and Renewable Energy prepared a draft of new Scheme called Indian Wind Turbine Certification Scheme (IWTCS)
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy prepared a draft of new Scheme called Indian Wind Turbine Certification Scheme (IWTCS). This was done in consultation with National Institute of Wind Energy Chennai. The draft Scheme comprises of guidelines for the benefit of all the stakeholders from concept to lifetime of wind turbine.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a historic support and outreach programme for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a historic support and outreach programme for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector. As part of this programme, the Prime Minister unveiled12 key initiatives which will help the growth, expansion and facilitation of MSMEs across the country. There are five key aspects for facilitating the MSME sector. These include 1. access to credit, 2. access to market, 3. technology upgradation, 4. ease of doing business, and 5. a sense of security for employees.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Barnard’s Star b (GJ 699 b)- 2nd closest star system to our sun – appears to be a cold super-Earth
The planet for Barnard’s star – 2nd closest star system to our sun – appears to be a cold super-Earth. The planet has been labeled Barnard’s Star b (GJ 699 b). It orbits its red star every 233 days near the snow-line, a distance where water freezes. Barnard’s star is six light-years away from earth.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Famous singer Chitta Jena was passed away
- Odia singer Chitta Jena died with the illness in Cuttack, Odisha. Chitta Jena was 76 years old. He was popular for his versatility and talent. He made his debut as a playback singer in 1974 in the movie Mana Akasha. He awarded Prafulla Kar Samman for his remarkable achievement in the field of music.
/ 5. Reviews