Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- Father’s Day is celebrated worldwide to recognize the contribution that fathers and father figures make to the lives of their children. This day celebrates fatherhood and male parenting. Although it is celebrated on a variety of dates worldwide, many countries observe this day on the third Sunday in June.
International Picnic Day:
- International Picnic Day is a made-up holiday that is celebrated annually on June 18. International Picnic Day celebrates gathering together outdoors to eat and enjoy one another’s company, which has traditionally been called Picnic.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
WHO recommends quadrivalent influenza vaccine:
- Sanofi Pasteur’s injectable influenza vaccine (FluQuadri) containing two A virus strains H1N1 and H3N2 and two B virus strains Victoria and Yamagata for active immunisation of adults of age 18 to 64 years was approved in May last year by the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI).
- The application for the paediatric indication is under review by the DCGI and final approval is expected by the end of this month.
Japan adopts economic plan to allow more foreign workers
- The cabinet of Japan has adopted an economic plan that will allow more foreign workers to work in the country. It will help rapidly aging country to make up for its declining workforce. In recent times, number of foreign workers in Japan has nearly doubled to 1.28 million.
World Bank Approves $700 Mn To Improve Primary Education In Bangladesh
- The World Bank has approved $700 millionto help Bangladesh achieve its education for all vision by improving the primary education sector.
- The Quality Learning for All Program (QLEAP) will cover more than 18 million children studying in pre-primary level to grade 5. It will also finance implementation of the government’s Fourth Primary Education Development Program (PEDP4).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
19 cancer centres in Assam to start functioning from mid 2020
- The Assam government on Saturday announced that 19 cancer care centres, to be set up across the State in partnership with Tata Trusts on an investment of Rs. 1,910 crore, will start functioning from mid-2020. The foundation stone of the proposed centres will be laid at a function on June 18.
Govt approves financial assistance of Rs. 5.5 lakh per family
- The Union Govt approved financial assistance amounting to Rs. 5.5 lakh per family to West Pakistan Refugees (WPRs). It will benefit 5,764 families of WPRs settled in Jammu and Kashmir. The scheme comes into effect from Jun 2018. The amount of Rs. 5.5 lakh per family will be deposited in bank accounts of eligible beneficiaries based on authentication by State Govt.
|Jammu & Kashmir Capital||Srinagar , Jammu|
|Governor||Narinder Nath Vohra|
Tripura starts 24×7 mobile policing service:
- The Tripura government on has launched the GPS (Global Positioning System) and wireless-based 24×7 mobile policing service to curb crime, especially against women. Launching it, Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb said the BJP-led alliance government’s main thrust was to make Tripura a crime and drug-free State.
|CM||Biplab Kumar Deb|
|Governor||Keshari Nath Tripathi (additional charge)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Reserve Bank eases norms for FPIs to invest in debt:
- FPIs are allowed to invest in various debt market instruments such as government bonds, treasury bills, state development loans and corporate bonds, but with certain limits and restrictions.
- The RBI increased the FPIs cap on investment in government securities to 30% of the outstanding stock of that security, from the 20% earlier.
- FPIs are permitted to invest in corporate bonds with minimum residual maturity of above 1 year. The short-term investments in corporate bonds by an FPI shall not exceed 20% of total investment of that FPI in corporate bonds.
Centre kick starts merger of RRBs
- The government has decided to start the consolidation process of Regional Rural Banks (RRB) after a gap of six years and bring down the number of such entities to 38 from 56 now.
- In a communication to the chiefs of public sector banks, which are the sponsors of the RRBs, the finance ministry asked them to amalgamate the RRBs within a State.
Muthoot Fincorp, NSDC To Train 10,000 Youth Under PMKVY
- Muthoot Fincorp Limitedannounced its partnership with National Skill Development Corporation to train over 10,000 youth over the next three years and make them job ready.
- With the partnership, Muthoot Fincorp claims to havebecome the first major private sector player to partner with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to launch the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY.2) programme. NSDC has approved a target of 3,000 candidates in the first year and 3,500 each in the subsequent two years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Reliance Industries investing in India’s first carbon fibre unit:
- Reliance Industries is investing in setting up India’s first carbon fibre manufacturing unit to cater to aerospace and defence needs, the company said in its annual report.
- The owner of world’s largest oil refining complex will also make low-cost and high-volume composite products like modular toilets, homes and composites for windmill blades and rotor blades.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
4th Governing Council Meeting Of NITI Aayog Held In Delhi
- The fourth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayogwas held under the chairmanship of the PM Narendra Modi at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. It was attended by 23 Chief Ministers and the Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, apart from Union Ministers, who are ex-officio members and special invitees.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Government launches Swajal Scheme in 115 Aspirational districts
- Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation launched Swajal Scheme in 115 Aspirational districts of India to provide clean drinking water. It involves total outlay of Rs. 700 crores through flexi-funds under existing National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) budget.
20 States sign MoU for implementing AB – NHPM
- Twenty States signed MoU with Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) for implementing Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM). The MoUs were exchanged during Health Ministers’ conclave held in New Delhi. During the conclave, aspects of NHPM, like operational guidelines, model tender document for selection of insurance companies and implementation support agencies for trusts were discussed.
- AB-NHPM aims to target over 10 crore families belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 (SECC) database. It will cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year, taking care of almost all secondary care and tertiary care procedures.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DRDO converts Pinaka rocket system into guided missile
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) converted the indigenous developed Pinaka rocket system into a precision-guided missile, with enhanced range and accuracy to hit its targets.
- The missile has completed its initial trial and now is undergoing developmental trials. It is expected to be delivered to Indian Army in two years and complies with its policy of use of precision weapons.
- The missile is jointly developed by Pune based Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), Hyderabad and Research Centre, Imarat (RCI). The rocket has been named after Pinaka, the bow of Lord Shiva.
NASA’s record-breaking spacewoman retires as astronaut
- NASA’s record-breaking spacewoman, Peggy Whitson has announced her retirement as astronaut less than year after returning from her last and longest spaceflight. During her career, she had racked up total of 665 days in space — more than any other NASA astronaut, and record for women worldwide
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Federer is No. 1 again
- Roger Federer overcame Nick Kyrgios 6-7(2), 6-2, 7-6(5) in the semifinals of the Stuttgart Cup. The win ensured that the Swiss will return to the top of the World rankings when the new list is release.
Brooks Koepka Wins 2nd US Open Golf Title 2018
- American golfer Brooks Koepkahas made history and finished strong as he became the first player in 29 years to win back-to-back US Open titles at Shinnecock Hills in New York. The 28-year-old Florida native emerged victorious by one shot over England’s Tommy Fleetwood.