Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
MJ Akbar resigns as Union Minister
• MJ Akbar, Minister of State For External Affairs, has resigned from his post in the wake of allegations of sexual harassment made by several women against him. MJ Akbar said in a statement that he would “seek justice in a court of law” in a “personal capacity”.
CVC analyses 100 top bank frauds,suggests improvements in system after identifying gaps
• The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has reviewed and analysed 100 top bank frauds and has suggested systematic improvement in the system after identifying the gaps.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Much awaited Rani-Jhansi Flyover inaugurated in Delhi
• Rani Jhansi Grade separator, the ambitious flyover project in north Delhi was thrown open to public by Union Environment Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
Muzaffarpur’s Shahi Litchi Gets GI Tag
• After huge efforts for a year, now Shahi Litchi of Muzaffarpur, Bihar has got official recognition as it receives the geographical indication (GI) tag. The sweet, pulpy and juicy Litchi of Bihar is mostly grown in Muzaffarpur, and adjoining areas including East Champaran, Vaishali, Samastipur, and Begusarai districts. The GI registration was done in the name of Litchi Growers Association of Bihar, who had applied for the tag.
Karnataka CM announced formation of Kodagu Development Authority
• Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy announced the formation of the Kodagu Development Authority. The authority is to enable speedy reconstruction of the district, parts of which were ravaged by floods and landslips. So far, the State government funded Rs.127 crore for the rehabilitation works in the district. The objective of the interaction programme was to infuse confidence among the victims and elicit their views and expectations from the authorities. Mr. Kumaraswamy will visit the district again to review the rehabilitation.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
India’s first Crypto currency ATM opens in Bengaluru
• Despite the government and Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) crackdown on cryptocurrency in India, virtual currency exchange Unocoin has installed a currency deposit and dispensing ATM at Kemp Fort Mall in Bengaluru. The kiosk, installed by Unocoin, allows its customers to deposit and withdraw minimum amount of Rs 1000 from the platform.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
TCS Displaces Accenture As Largest IT Firm Servicing Banks
• Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Ltd’s quarterly earnings from the financial sector have edged past that of Accenture Plc, which is nearly double its size, making company the world’s largest pure-play information technology (IT) and consulting firm servicing mega banks and insurers.
45 Indian companies participating in Expo Cihac in Mexico City
• Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) is leading a contingent of 45 exhibitors, representing various sectors of the construction industry like building materials, construction equipment, interior furnishing, manufacturing and marketing of ceramic vitrified tiles to Expo Cihacin Mexico City.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Arundhati Bhattacharya is appointed as additional director of RIL
• Arundhati Bhattacharya, former chairman of State Bank of India (SBI), is appointed as additional director, designated as independent director, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
MoU signed between Lady Irwin College & MoRD for Roshni
• Ministry of Rural Development and Lady Irwin College, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for establishing ROSHNI – Centre of Women Collectives led Social Action. ROSHNI is technically and financially supported by UNICEF India serving as a technical support unit at national level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India is world’s most depressed country
• According to a World Health Organization report, India is the world’s most depressed country, closely followed by China and the US. According to the 2015-16 National Mental Health Survey (NMHS), every sixth person in India needs mental health help of some sort.
India is 58th most competitive economy in WEF index
• India has been ranked as the 58th most competitive economy on the World Economic Forum’s global competitiveness index for 2018, which was topped by the US.
/ 5. Reviews