Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Bihar’s Shahi litchi gets Geographical Indication tag
- Shahi Litchi from Bihar has received Geographical Indication (GI) tag from Chennai based Geographical Indication Registry and Intellectual Property India. The GI registration was done in name of Muzaffarpur-based Litchi Growers Association of Bihar, which had applied for the tag.
Save Bandipur activists protested against the elevated highways through national parks
- Activists protested against the proposed elevated highways through national parks. Around 150 activists protested at Melkamanahalli gate, Karnataka. The Save Bandipur drive gained traction against the proposed elevated highways through national parks. Earlier, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Government of India, proposed that it wanted to develop five stretches of 1 km each, of elevated roads, through the national park to ensure that there was the 24×7 movement of vehicles along the National Highway 212 (renamed as NH 766).
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI issues guidelines for facilitating money transfer among e-wallets
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued guidelines for interoperability among prepaid instruments (PPI) such as e-wallets. Inter-operability is technical compatibility that enables payment system to be used in conjunction with other payment systems.
IFC Launches $1 Billion Masala Bond Programme In The US And Europe
- International Finance Corporation, the World Bank’s lending arm launched its $1 billion masala bond programme in the US and Europe. These bonds are aimed at funding the rapidly expanding investment activities of IFC in India. Masala bonds are rupee-denominated borrowings issued overseas. IFC uses them to raise rupee funds overseas and brings the proceeds to India for investments.
|IFC Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Chairman||Philippe Le Houerou|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Sajjan Jindal elected as Treasurer of World Steel Association
- JSW Steel CMD Sajjan Jindal was elected as treasurer of World Steel Association (WSA). He was appointed for one-year period (2018/2019) by Board of Directors of WSA at Worldsteel General Assembly held in Toyko, Japan. The board also has appointed Tata Steel MD T V Narendran and ArcelorMittal Chief L N Mittal as its members.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: COMMITTEE
Par panel headed by Kirit Somaiya to examine functioning of EPFO
- A parliamentary panel on labor was constituted to examine the functioning of retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). It will be headed by BJP MP Kirit Somaiya. Its functions are listed as below: To review the implementation of labor laws, social security and welfare scheme for workers, International Labour Organisation conventions binding on India, To look into the working conditions and welfare of mine workers and review that to Directorate General of Mines Safety,
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
ICFRE inks two MoUs to launch Prakriti programme
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), Dehradun has signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) to launch ‘Prakriti’ programme. The two MoUs have been signed for a period of 10 years.
|Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) Headquarters||Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
PM Narendra Modi chairs 6th meeting of NDMA
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired sixth meeting of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) at New Delhi. In this meeting, he reviewed activities of NDMA to effectively manage and respond to disasters affecting country.
12th ASEM Summit held in Brussels, Belgium
- The 12th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit was held in Brussels, Belgium. The theme of summit was ‘Global Partners for Global Challenges’. It was chaired by European Council President Donald Tusk. India was represented by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu.
7th Meeting of Education Ministers of SCO Member States held in Astana, Kazakhstan
- The seventh meeting of education ministers of member states of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was held in Astana, capital city of Kazakhstan. The meeting was organised with assistance of Kazakhstan Government and its Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Rector’s Office of University of SCO (USCO).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
NCR RASTA and Yatri RASTA: North Central Railways launches two mobile apps
- The North Central Railways (NCR) launched two mobile apps, NCR RASTA (Railway assets Summerised Tracking Application) and Yatri RASTA (Railway Approach to Station Tracking Application) for its employees and passengers, respectively, for locating assets and stations.
- NCR RASTA app:It is for use of railway officers and staff and has exact mapping of all railway assets. It will enable railway staff to reach desired asset using Google Navigation in case of any emergency.
- Yatri RASTA app:It will allow general public to locate railway stations easily. It is already available for smartphones running on Android and can be downloaded free of cost from Google Play Store.
NCW launches dedicated e-mail address to report instances of sexual harassment at workplace
- The National Commission for Women (NCW) has come out with dedicated e-mail address (email@example.com) to report instances of sexual harassment at workplace. On receiving complaint mail, NCW will take forward complaints of sexual harassment at workplace received so that appropriate action may be taken, as per law.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India Ranked 9th Most Valuable Nation Brand
- India secured ninth rank out of top 50 valuable national brands, according to a report titled ‘Nation Brands 2018’ released by Brand Finance, a leading brand valuation and strategy consultancy. India was ranked 8th in last year’s report but slipped by a spot to the 9th rank, despite its brand value rose by 5%. India’s brand value was $2,046 billion in 2017 and has increased to $2,159 billion in 2018. The US topped the list with a brand value of $25,899 billion which rose by 23% from last year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Dharma Guardian: First India, Japan joint military exercise to be held in Mizoram
- The first joint military exercise named “Dharma Guardian” between India and Japan will be held at the Army’s Counter-Insurgency Warfare School at Vairengte (Mizoram) from November 1 to 14, 2018. The exercise is aimed at developing mutual understanding and respect between militaries of both countries, as also facilitate in tracking worldwide phenomenon of terrorism.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Former UP and Uttarakhand CM Narayan Datt Tiwari passes away
- Former Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Narayan Dutt Tiwari passed away in New Delhi. He was 93-year-old. He is only Politician who has served as CM of two states. He was known as Vikas Purush and was instrumental in developing the industrial sector in Uttarakhand.