Current Affairs Today 1st&2nd April 2018:
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
Prevention of Blindness Week:
- April 1 to 7 is observed as Prevention of Blindness Week in India.
- It is observed to alert and awaken the society towards various factors which causes blindness.
- The week also educates people about various eye injuries, visual impairments, their prevention, cure and treatment.
International Children’s Book Day (ICBD):
- Since 1967, on or around Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday, 2 April, International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is celebrated to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children’s books.
- Each year a different National Section of IBBY has the opportunity to be the international sponsor of ICBD.
|Theme||Let Us Grow With the Book|
World Autism Awareness Day:
- The United Nations General Assembly unanimously declared 2 April as to highlight the need to help improve the quality of life of those with autism so they can lead full and meaningful lives as an integral part of society. The theme for WAAD 2018 is “Empowering Women and Girls with Autism”.
- Autism is a lifelong neurological condition that manifests during early childhood, irrespective of gender, race or socio-economic status. The term Autism Spectrum refers to a range of characteristics.
|Theme|| Empowering Women and Girls with Autism|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government launches Swachh Bharat Summer Internship:
- Government is going to launch Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) 2018 aimed at engaging college youth with Swachhata work in villages in coming Summer vacation.
- The initiative will be launched by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, the convening and coordinating Ministry of Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) in association with Ministry of Human Resource Development.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
The government of West Bengal launches ‘Rupashree’ Scheme
- The government of West Bengal has launched ‘Rupashree’ Scheme.
- This Scheme is for Unmarried girls. According to this Scheme total amount of Rs. 25,000/- will be credited to the bank account of the girl before her marriage.
- This Scheme will benefit about six lakh women. The government has allotted Rs. 1500/- Crore for this Scheme. This Scheme will provide one-time financial support to the marriages of poor girls. This Scheme is for the girls who are over 18 years old.
Delhi becomes first city to roll-out Euro VI fuel:
- With an aim to combat the rising levels of air pollution in Delhi-NCR region, petrol pumps in the capital from Sunday started supplying ultra-clean Bharat Stage VI grade fuel (both petrol and diesel).
- This move makes New Delhi the first city in the country to switch from BS-IV grade fuels to BS-VI (equivalent to fuel meeting Euro-VI emission norms).
- Other cities like Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurugram and Faridabad along with 13 major cities, including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Pune, will also switch over to cleaner BS-VI grade fuel from January 1 next year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
E-Way Bill for Inter-State movement of goods comes into force:
- With the beginning of the financial year 2018-19, the e-way Bill System for Inter-State movement of goods comes into force; An E-way Bill will be required for moving goods worth over 50,000 rupees from one state to another.
- The electronic way Bill system has come into effect across the country. Under this system businesses and transporters have to produce before a GST inspector e-way bill for moving goods worth over Rs 50,000 from one state to another.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
Debjani Ghosh Appointed New President Of Nasscom
- Debjani Ghosh, former managing director of Intel South Asia, is the new president of Nasscom. She has replaced R.Chandrashekhar upon completion of his term.
- A big propagator of gender diversity and equal representation in corporate India, Ms Ghosh was the first woman to lead Intel India and MAIT (Manufacturers’ Association for Information Technology).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
NHAI awarded projects worth Rs 1.22 lakh crore in FY18:
- National Highway Authority of India or NHAI awarded 150 road projects of 7,400 km worth Rs. 1,22,000 crore in the In Financial Year 2017-18.
- In last 5 years, the average length of road projects awarded by NHAI was 2,860 km with 4,335 Km awarded in the last financial year.
- In comparison, the length of projects awarded in FY 2017-18 is an all-time high and a record achievement by NHAI since its inception in 1995.
Mithali Raj Adjudged ‘Sportsperson Of The Year’:
- Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj was adjudged ‘Sportsperson of the Year’ while ace shuttlers Kidambi Srikanth and P V Sindhu bagged the best senior male and female athletes at the Telangana Sports Journalists Association annual awards for 2017 in Hyderabad.
- Former Indian cricketer VVS Laxman presented ‘best coach of the year’ award to Pullela Gopichand, who received this award for the second time in a row.
- Triple Olympian and former national Hockey player N Mukesh Kumar was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement award at the event.
Meeting Of PIC Between India And Pakistan Held In New Delhi:
- The two-day meeting of Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) between India and Pakistan began in New Delhi.
- Representatives from both the sides had discussed Water Treaty dispute and resolution of outstanding issues.
- The PIC is mandated to establish and maintain cooperative arrangements for the implementation of the treaty and to promote cooperation between the two sides in developing the Indus water systems.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Kerala To Host Asia’s Largest Startup Conclave:
- Asia’s largest startup ecosystem congregation, Huddle Kerala, will be held at Kovalam. The initiative is envisaged to provide a platform for start-ups to pitch their products and interact with a wide array of technology and industry leaders from around the world.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will inaugurate the conclave, being organised by the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) in association with Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IAMAI Startup Foundation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE
ISRO losses contact with communication satellite GSAT-6A:
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has lost contact with India’s most powerful communication GSAT-6A satellite in less than 48 hours after it was launched.
- The loss in contact is believed to have been caused by power system failure or short circuit on the satellite.
Tiangong-1: China’s space lab plummets to earth, burns up over Pacific Ocean:
- China’s out-of-control Tiangong-1 space lab has re-entered Earth’s atmosphere, landing in middle of the South Pacific Ocean near world’s ‘spacecraft cemetery or graveyard’.
- Most of its parts were burned up during gravity-propelled re-entry process.
BABUR III: Pakistan tests nuclear-capable, submarine-launched missile:
- Pakistan has successfully test-fired its indigenously designed and built nuclear-capable, submarine-launched cruise missile (SLCM) Babur III.
- The missile was fired from underwater dynamic platform and successfully engaged its target with precise accuracy, meeting all the flight parameters.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India replaces Vietnam to become second largest producer of mobile phones:
- India is now the second-largest mobile phone producer in the world after China.
- According to the data shared by Indian Cellular Association with the government, annual production of mobile phones in India increased from 3 million units in 2014 to 11 million units in 2017.
- With this, India replaced Vietnam to become the second largest producer of mobile phones in 2017.
- With the rise in mobile phone production, imports of the devices in the country also reduced to less than half in 2017-18.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India Gets First US LNG Shipment At Dabhol, Maharashtra:
- India received its first LNG cargo from the US under a long-term supply deal when a ship carrying super-cooled natural gas arrived at Dabhol in Maharashtra.
- GAIL India has contracted 3.5 million tonnes per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from US energy firm Cheniere Energy’s Sabine Pass liquefaction facility in Louisiana.
- The first cargo from the project arrived at Dabhol, the cite of India’s biggest gas-fired power plant.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Kerala Lifts Their 6th Santhosh Trophy:
- Kerala has lifted their sixth Santhosh Trophy Football title. In a thrilling final at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata.
- Kerala held their nerves to beat defending champions and 32-time winners Bengal via penalty shootout. Locked 2-2 after extra time, Kerala goalkeeper V Mithun put up a stellar show in the tie-breaker to help his side win 4-2.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Film Director C.V. Rajendran Passes Away:
- Tamil film director C.V. Rajendran, who was part of late C.V. Sridhar’s unit died aged 81.
- He directed a few memorable films like Calatta Kalyanam, Sumathi En Sundari and Raja starring Sivaji Ganesan and Jayalalithaa and Ponoonjal.
- His career as a director began with the film Anubhavam Pudhumai.
Dear Aspirants, More Today’s Current Affairs News will be updated very soon, Kindly stay with us..
/ 5. Reviews