Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
World AIDS Day
- December 1 marks the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day. WHO will join global partners to commemorate World AIDS Day. This will also be an occasion to celebrate the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day – a pioneering global health campaign first initiated by WHO in 1988.
|Theme||Know your status|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UNESCO adds Jamaican reggae, Georgian wrestling and Japanese rituals in coveted list of intangible heritage
- UN cultural agency UNESCO has added six new elements viz. Jamaican reggae, Georgian wrestling and Japanese ritual into its coveted list of “intangible heritage”. They were added at UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage meeting held in Mauritius
Slovenia became the first North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Country with the female Army Chief
- Slovenia became the first North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Country with the female Army Chief after appointment of Major General Alenka Ermenc to the post of Head of its Army. The 55 years Old former Army Commander, Alenka Ermenc started her military career in 1991 when Slovenia won independence from former Yogoslavia. Alenka Ermenc was serving as the Army’s Deputy-chief of Staff before as appointment to the post of Army Chief.
Maldives Parliament has passed a motion with the required three-fourths majority to repeal
Maldives Parliament has passed a motion with the required three-fourths majority to repeal the age limit of the presidential candidacy. The motion, which proposed to repeal the constitutional amendment banning those above 65 years of age from contesting the presidential elections, was passed 72 members voting in its favour in 85-member Majlis.
The United Kingdom has reached a post-Brexit aviation agreement United States
The United States and the United Kingdom’s delegations have wrapped up discussions on a bilateral aviation agreement that would take effect after Brexit, when the existing US- EU agreement will no longer apply to the United Kingdom. The agreement also opens all-cargo service opportunities and covers the British overseas territories and crown dependencies.
|US Capital||Washington DC|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Jharkhand has announced that it will provide free mobile phones to 28 lakh farmers to boost agriculture growth
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das has announced that the government will provide free mobile phones to 28 lakh farmers and a separate electric feeder for them for agriculture purpose by 2019/2021. The move will help the farmers know about the market rates and other information relating to agriculture.
Uttarakhand has been adjudged the best state at the 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi
- Uttarakhand has been adjudged the best state at the 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi, which showcased reconstruction work done at Kedarnath in recent months besides steps taken by the state government to boost tourism and promote local products like organic honey. Beside this, Himachal Pradesh pavilion has been awarded silver medal for excellent display in the 2018 IITF.
|CM||Trivendra Singh Rawat|
|Governor||Baby Rani Maurya|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI relaxes rules for NBFCs to sell or securitise their loan books to ease persistent stress in sector
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) relaxed rules for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) to sell or securitise their loan books in bid to ease persistent stress in the sector. RBI has relaxed minimum holding period (MHP) requirement for originating NBFCs, in respect of loans of original maturity above 5 years, to receipt of repayment of six monthly installments or two quarterly instalments. Earlier, they had to hold these assets for at least one year. However, relaxation on MHP will be allowed when NBFC retains 20% of book value of these loans. RBI also has prescribed certain Minimum Retention Requirement (MRR) for NBFCs for availing the relaxed norms. The relaxed dispensation will apply to securitisation/ assignment transactions carried out during six months.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Salom Zurichishvili elected as first female President of Georgia
- Salom Zurichishvili was elected as the first female President of Georgia. She will take charge on December 16, 2018. In recently concluded presidential election, Salom Jurabishvili defeated her rival candidate Grigol Washadze.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
The first-ever Sustainable Blue Economy Conference 2018 held in New Delhi
- The first-ever Sustainable Blue Economy Conference 2018 was held in Nairobi from November 26 to 28 with theme ‘The Blue Economy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’. The global conference was organized by Kenya, with Canada and Japan as co-hosts. Over 4,000 participants from around the world participated in it.
Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 2nd International Ambedkar Conclave in New Delhi
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 2nd International Ambedkar Conclave in New Delhi as part of the commemoration of Constitution Day. The Conclave is being organized by the Forum of SC and ST Legislators and Parliamentarians and the Dr. Ambedkar Chamber of Commerce.
South Asia Youth Peace Conference held in New Delhi
- The three day South Asia Regional Youth Peace Conference was held in New Delhi as part 150th birth anniversary celebrations of father of nation Mahatma Gandhi. It was organised by Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) and STEP (Standing Together to Enable Peace). It was inaugurated by Krishna G Kulkarni, great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
eDrishti software launched to help Railways Minister keep track of punctuality of trains
- Indian Railways unveiled ‘eDrishti’ software that will help Union Railway Minister to keep track of punctuality of trains as well as freight and passenger earnings and much more from anywhere in the country. The software has been developed by Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) to help Minister keep track of all information related to Indian Railways, one of the world’s largest rail networks.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Konkan 18: India, UK naval exercise held in Goa
- The naval exercise Konkan 18 between India and United Kingdom will be conducted from November 28 to December 6, 2018 off Goa with units participating from both navies. The harbour phase is scheduled from November 28 to November 30 2018 followed by the sea phase from 2-6 December, 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
India’s Manav Thakkar settled for a bronze medal in the U-21 Men’s singles category in the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
- India’s Manav Thakkar settled for a bronze medal in the U-21 Men’s singles category in the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)Challenge Belgosstrakh Belarus Open held in Minsk, Belarus. Manav Thakkar lost to Russia’s Denis Ivonin in the semifinals by 2-3 to miss out on the gold. Zhao Zihao of China won the gold medal in the U-21 singles category by defeating Denis Ivonin of Russia.
/ 5. Reviews
Be the first to rate this post.