Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day is an annual event celebrated by vegans around the world every 1 November. The benefits of veganism for humans, non-human animals, and the natural environment are celebrated through activities such as setting up stalls, hosting potlucks, and planting memorial trees.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India among nations that face grave danger to soil biodiversity: WWF
- According to recently released Global Soil Biodiversity Atlas prepared by World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), India among nations that face grave danger to soil biodiversity. The atlas was released as part of WWF’s bi-annual Living Planet Report (LPR) 2018. The key aspect of this year’s report was threat to soil biodiversity and pollinators, the two key drivers of biodiversity. These two key drivers loss were due to over exploitation of natural resources and agriculture.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Japan joins International Solar Alliance
- In a boost to Prime Minister Narendra Modi-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA), Japan announced joining the group submitting the instrument of ratification. Japan will be the 71st country to sign and 48th country to ratify the ISA Framework.
Indonesia’s Medan city inaugurates ‘Little India Gate’
- Nearly 7,000 people gathered in northern Indonesia to witness the inauguration of ‘Little India Gate’, the first-of-its-kind structure in the country which recognises the contribution of Indian community in the development of Medan city.
China will build the country’s first permanent airport in the South Pole
- China will build the country’s first permanent airport in the South Pole which will provide logistical support to scientists and enhance airspace management in the resource-rich Antarctic. Specifically, the airport will decrease the exposure time of researchers in the polar environment, as well as medical aid time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
IIT Kharagpur has recently organised a science and technology competition ‘Young Innovators Programme YIP 2018’
- IIT Kharagpur has recently organised a science and technology competition ‘Young Innovators Programme YIP 2018’ for students of class 8 to 10 to make the younger generation more oriented towards scientific and technological innovations. The competition was attended by many schools in the country and also from Singapore. The students of different participating teams came up with solutions to problem statements in the areas of Clean Energy, Health and cleanliness, Resource management, Hardware Modelling, Product Designing and Disaster Management in the YIP 2018.
IIT-Madras have designed and booted up India’s first indigenously developed microprocessor
- The researchers at IIT-Madras have designed and booted up India’s first indigenously developed microprocessor that can be used in mobile computing devices, embedded low power wireless systems and networking systems besides reducing reliance on imported microprocessors in communications and defence sectors. The ‘Shakti’ family of processors was fabricated at Semi-Conductor Laboratory (SCL) of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Chandigarh.
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
S Korea’s First Lady to attend Uttar Pradesh’s Deepotsav
- South Korean first lady Kim Jung-sook will be the Chief Guest at the Deepotsav event being organised by the Uttar Pradesh government on November 6. Accepting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s invitation, she will be leading a high-level delegation that is scheduled to visit India from November 4 to 7 this year.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
19th meeting of FSDC held in New Delhi
- The 19th meeting of Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) was held in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The meeting was attended by RBI Governor Dr. Urjit R. Patel, SEBI chairman, IRDAI Chairman along with heads and other senior officers of Government and financial sector regulators.
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
Dr Jitendra Singh laid the foundation stone of new Science Centre, the “Technology Facility Centre” (TFC) in Jorhat, Assam
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh laid the foundation stone of new Science Centre, the “Technology Facility Centre” (TFC) in Jorhat, Assam. For setting up the new Science Centre, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) had allocated Rs.40 crore for its construction. It would be institutionalized by Department of Science & Technology (S&T) and CSIR.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Anupam Kher resigns as FTII chairman
- Veteran actor Anupam Kher has resigned from his position as chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) because of his acting commitments.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Malala Yousafzai to receive Harvard award for activism
- Nobel Prize winner Malala Yousafzai is being honoured by Harvard University for her work promoting girls’ education. Harvard’s Kennedy School says she will be awarded the 2018 Gleitsman Award at a December 6 ceremony.
Narendra Modi conferred with the Afghanistan’s Amir Abdulla Khan Award
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his brief visit to Afghanistan, was on June 4, 2016 conferred with the Amir Amanullah Khan Award, the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan. He was awarded the honour by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani following the inauguration of the landmark Afghan-India Friendship Dam.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
India invited Italy to participate in the defence sector under the “Make in India” scheme.
- India invited Italy to participate in the defence sector under the “Make in India” scheme. The invitation also included an agreement to counter terrorist financing and state sponsors of terrorism. This latest announcement was the first time when the two countries have agreed on joint defence production since the Augusta Westland case exploded in 2013. During the 9th Military Group Meeting that was held between India and Italy, both the countries agreed on cooperation in 2019.
Netherland to Be Partner Country for 25th DST-CII Technology Summit 2019
- The Kingdom of Netherlands will be the Partner Country 25th DST – CII Technology Summit to be organized in 2019, announced Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Executive Committee (EC) of the National Mission for Clean Ganga approved 12 projects
- The Executive Committee (EC) of the National Mission for Clean Ganga on October 29, 2018 approved 12 projects worth Rs 929 crore under the Namami Gange programme in its 16th meeting. The committee sanctioned two sewage treatment plants for Delhi, various projects for Uttar Pradesh, two projects for West Bengal, and two projects under CSR category.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranked 77th in ease of doing business ranking
- India has jumped 23 places in ease of doing business ranking. It was at 100th place last year and now it is at 77th rank. India is now recognised as among top ten improvers for the 2nd consecutive year. It is now ranked first among South Asian countries compared to 6th rank in 2014.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Defence Ministry signs contract with GRSE for supply of four survey vessels for Indian Navy
- Union Defence Ministry has signed contract worth Rs 2,435.15 crore with public sector Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata for manufacturing of four survey vessels aimed at boosting to capabilities of Indian Navy. The project completion time is 54 months from date of signing contract. The first ship will be delivered within 36 months and remaining within interval of six months for each vessel.
NASA Retires Its Planet Hunter, the Kepler Space Telescope
- The Kepler space telescope has run out of fuel and will be retired after a 9.5 year mission in which it detected thousands of planets beyond our solar system and boosted the search for worlds that might harbour alien life.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Mary Kom Named as Brand Ambassador Of Women’s World Championship
- Five-time world champion Mary Kom has been named as the brand ambassador of the upcoming 10th edition of the International Boxing Association (AIBA) Women World Championship.
Elina Svitolina won WTA Finals in Singapore
- Elina Svitolina won WTA Finals in Singapore. Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina defeated Romania’s Sloane Stephens 3-6, 6-2, 6-2 and won the season-ending WTA Finals. This is the biggest title in Elina Svitolina’s career. She is the first player to go through the WTA Finals undefeated after Serena Williams in 2013.
Pankaj Advani clinches Asian Snooker title
- Ace cueist Pankaj Advani won the Asian Snooker Tour by defeating Ju Reti of China in Jinan. The 33-year-old registered a domination 6-1 victory over his Chinese opponent to finish on top.