Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT5 AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
The National Nutrition Week
- The National Nutrition Week will be observed throughout the country from 1st to 7th September. The basic objective of this annual event is to intensify awareness generation on the importance of nutrition for health which has an impact on development, productivity, economic growth and ultimately National development.
|Theme||Go Further with Food’ and in 2017 was ‘Optimal Infant & Young Child Feeding Practices: Better Child Health’.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India opens Zokhawthar immigration check-post in Mizoram along Myanmar border
- India has opened Zokhawthar land immigration check-post in Mizoram along border with Myanmar. It has been designated as authorised immigration centre for entry into and exit from India with valid travel documents for all passengers to or from Myanmar.
Department of Biotechnology inks MoU with IAE on Enhancing Innovation for Clean Energy Transition
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under Union Ministry of Science and Technology has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with International Energy Agency (IEA) for enhancing innovation for Clean Energy Transition.
Union Government introduces Atal ranking for institutions to promote innovation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has introduced Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARRIA) to systematically rank education institutions and universities primarily on innovation related indicators. ARRIA aims to promote culture of innovation and research in higher education.
HRD Ministry launches Innovation Cell at AICTE
- Union Ministry of Human Resource Development has established Innovation Cell at AICTE premises in New Delhi. It aims to systematically foster culture of innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country.
Environment Ministry releases India’s National REDD+ Strategy
- Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has released National Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) strategy for India. It aims at achieve climate change mitigation by incentivizing forest conservation. This strategy will soon be communicated to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
Amethi village to go digital from Sept 1
- Pindara Thakur village under coveted Amethi parliamentary constituency of Congress president Rahul Gandhi would go fully digital from September 1, 2018.
- Located in Musafirkhana tehsil of the district, the village would go digital under the Digital India Programme of the Union government.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Germany to provide Euro 120 million soft loan for Clean Ganga Mission
- Germany has announced to provide soft loan of euro 120 million (Rs. 990 crore approximately) to India to strengthen sewage water treatment infrastructure in Uttarakhand in an effort to clean River Ganga under Clean Ganga Mission. German development agency GIZ also has prepared ‘Ganga Box’ aimed to target schools-going children and inform them about the river.
PM Modi inaugurates 400-bed Nepal-Bharat Maitri Pashupati Dharamshala
- Addressing the gathering after jointly inaugurating Nepal Bharat Maitri Dharamshalawith his Nepalese counterpart in Kathmandu, PM Modi said that people of Nepal also have equal place in India’s motto of “Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas”.
- He said that Dharamshala is not mere a building but a strong pillar of Indo-Nepal friendship.
He also said that helping neighbours and walking together on the path of happiness and prosperity is part of our tradition.
|PM||Khadga Prasad Oli|
China to limit number of online games over myopia fears
- The Chinese Government on August 30, 2018 unveiled its plans to control the number of online games as part of an effort to prevent myopia among children.
- The education ministry said in a statement that the authorities will regulate and control the total number of internet games, as well as the number of new titles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Home for widows ‘Krishna Kutir’ inaugurated in UP’s Vrindavan
- The widows’ home ‘Krishna Kutir’ was set up by the Ministry of Women and Child Development under its ‘Swadhar Greh Scheme’. The Ministry started the ‘Swadhar Greh scheme’ to provide such facilities to abandoned women.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
Prakash Javadekar has launched the Innovation Cell and ARIIA in New Delhi
- The Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched the Innovation Cell and Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) in New Delhi. The development aims to promote a culture of innovation and research in higher education.
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
HDFC Bank plans to adopt 30 villages in flood-hit Kerala
- HDFC Bank has announced that it will adopt 30 villages in flood-hit Kerala as part of its long-term relief and rehabilitation efforts.This initiative is aimed at helping people in the worst-hit parts of the State recover.
- The bank will set up medical camps and rebuild affected health centres; support the renovation/reconstruction of local schools; and impart skills training to families to restore livelihoods as part of the initiative.
- Additionally, the bank has contributed Rs.10 crore to the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF) as an immediate relief measure. Employees contributed a day’s salary with the bank bringing in the balance.
Mumbai airport renamed as Chhatrapati Shivaji ‘Maharaj’ International Airport
- Nearly two years after a resolution was passed in the Maharashtra Assembly, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport has finally been rechristened as Chhatrapati Shivaji ‘Maharaj’ International Airport.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
NSIC Integrated Marketing Development Centre for MSMEs inaugurated in Bhubaneswar
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship; Jual Oram, Minister of Tribal Affairs; Giriraj Singh, MoS (IC) for Ministry of MSME, in the presence of Ravindra Nath, CMD, National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and Dr. A. K. Panda, Secretary, MSME inaugurate NSIC – Integrated Marketing Development Centre named as “Dharampad Bhawan”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI approves re-appointment of Rana Kapoor as Yes Bank CEO
- Yes banksaid that Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the re-appointment of managing director and chief executive officer Rana Kapoor till further notice. Kapoor’s tenure was supposed to end on 1 September.
The approval comes after RBI had earlier asked the board to re-consider the appointment of Kapoor for another 3 years.
India’s GDP grows at 8.2 per cent in 2018-19 Q1
- India’s economy grew at an impressive 2%in the first quarter of 2018-19 financial year ending June 30 on the back of a strong core performance and a healthy base,government data showed on 31 August.
This is the highest growth in two years and strongest since the first quarter of 2016.
- Speaking on the GDP numbers, economic affairs secretary SC Gargtold, “Economic performance is back to very normal. We had over 8% of quarterly growth last time in first quarter of 2016-17. Now after 8 quarters, we are at 8.2%. From 8.1% we have come to 8.2% which signals economic growth now on steady high growth path.”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Balesh Sharma Appointed Vodafone Idea’s 1st CEO
- Balesh Sharmatakes over as Vodafone Idea’s first CEO. He was the Chief Operating Officer of Vodafone India and a member of its executive committee.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Mumbai neurosurgeon Dr B.K. Misra named for Dr B.C. Roy award
- Eminent neurosurgeon Dr B.K. Misrahas been named for this year’s prestigious Dr B.C. Roy National Award as an Eminent Medical Person of the Year award.
- The highest medical honour of India, instituted by the Medical Council of India in 1962, it will be given away by President Ram Nath Kovind on July 1 next year, the National Doctors Day.
- Misra is the Head of Department of Surgery as well as Neurosurgery and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery at Mumbai’s P.D. Hinduja Hospital.
Two Indians receive Magsaysay awards
- Two Indian nationals, Bharat Vatwani and Sonam Wangchuk, were given the Ramon Magsaysay award, popularly known as Asia’s Nobel Prize.
- Vatwani has dedicated his life for rescuing mentally ill people from the streets of India — who number around 400,000 according to estimates — and providing them with shelter and treatment through his Shraddha Rehabilitaion Foundation.
- Wangchuk has been recognised for “his uniquely systematic, collaborative and community—driven reform of learning systems in remote northern India,
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
6th RCEP Trade Ministers’ Meeting held in Singapore
- The sixth Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Trade Ministers’ Meeting was held in Singapore. Indian delegation was led by Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu.
NITI Aayog kickstarts the action on MOVE: India’s First Global Mobility Summit 2018
- NITI AayogVice Chairman Dr.Rajiv Kumar, and Chief Executive Officer Shri. Amitabh Kant, unveiled a series of events to take place in the‘Mobility Week’ from 31 August to 6 September 2018, in the run up to MOVE: The Global Mobility Summit 2018 on 7 and 8 September 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
ICAR organizes two-day conference on Motivating & Attracting Youth in Agriculture (MAYA)
- In order to meet the challenge of providing sustainable livelihoods for a rapidly growing population and to motivate and attract youth in agriculture, Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR), inaugurated a two-day conference at NASC, New Delhi from 30-31 August, 2018 on Motivating and Attracting Youth in Agriculture (MAYA).
“Mil -Banche” programme organised in govt schools of Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh,in a first of its kind initiative, “Mil -Banche”, an interactive programme between schools and society is being organized in all government schools of the state.
More than 80 thousand volunteers have expressed their desire to give gifts to the schools like books or any other gifts which will useful for students.
Nitu clinches second successive gold at world youth boxing championships
- Defending champion Nitu (48kg) claimed her second successive gold at the world youth boxing championships with a gritty performance in the final in Budapest on August 30, 2018.
- The Haryana-boxer, who is also an Asian champion, defeated Thailand’s Nillada Meekoon in a split decision on the first day of summit clashes in which she was the only Indian in action here.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
“Shades of Truth: A Journey Derailed” by Kapil Sibal
- Congress MPKapil Sibal will be releasing a new book titled “Shades of Truth: A Journey Derailed” arguing that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government “revels in the past” and debunking the claim of “Acche Din” that the BJP made in the run up to 2014 general elections.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
New Zealand spinner Morna Nielsen has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket
- New Zealand spinner Morna Nielsenhas announced her retirement from all forms of cricket as she aims to shift her focus on being a structural engineer.
- The 28-year-old, who also appeared for Melbourne Stars in the Women’s Big Bash and Southern Vipers in the Kia Super League, was just four matches short from completing her hundred international caps.
/ 5. Reviews