Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Govt to infuse Rs 83,000 crore in public sector banks
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the government will infuse Rs 83,000 crore in public sector banks in the next few months of the current fiscal. The government had earlier announced infusion of Rs 65,000 crore in PSB s in 2018-19, of which Rs 23,000 crore has already disbursed.The government sought Parliament’s approval for infusion of an additional Rs 41,000 crore in the state-owned banks through the second batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants. This would enhance the total recapitalisation in the current fiscal from Rs 65,000 crore to Rs 1.06 lakh crore
|Finance Minister||Arun Jaitley|
|Constituency||Rajya Sabha Gujarat|
RBI caps ECB limit at 6.5 per cent of GDP
- After a series of relaxations in the external commercial borrowings (ECB) norms, RBI announced a cap of 6.5 per cent of GDP at current market prices giving lot more headroom for raising money overseas.
- RBI has been decided in consultation with the Government of India to have a rule-based dynamic limit for outstanding stock of ECB at 6.5 per cent of GDP at current market prices,
- last month central bank reduced mandatory hedging provision to 70 per cent from 100 per cent for loans with maturities between three and five years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Infosys appoints Nilanjan Roy as CFO
- Infosys announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Bharti Airtel Ltd’s global CFO Nilanjan Roy as the chief financial officer (CFO) of the company, effective March 1, 2019.
|Infosys CEO||Salil Parekh|
WV Raman appointed head coach Indian women’s cricket team
- WV Raman, former India opener, has been appointed as the coach of the Indian women’s team, He will take over the role from Ramesh Powar, who served on an interim basis
|BCCI Chairman||Vinod Rai|
Harsh Vardhan Shringla appointed new Indian Ambassador to US
- Shringla, a 1984-batch Indian Foreign Service diplomat will succeed Navtej Sarna. At present, Shringla is serving as Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh
|US Capital||Washington DC|
Design for Small Satellite Launch Vehicle
- ISRO’s Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) has completed the design for the Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV), the ‘baby rocket’ billed as the quickest way to space for small-size satellites.
- The SSLV will stand 34 metres tall, 10 metres shorter than the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) and around 15 metres shorter than the Mk-II version of the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch vehicle (GSLV)
|Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre||Thiruvananthapuram|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Three Indian-origin students among Time magazine’s 25 most influential teens of 2018
- Three Indian-origin students have been named among the 25 most influential teens of 2018 by Time magazine for making a mark across numerous fields. Indian-American Kavya Kopparapu, Rishab Jain, and British-Indian Amika George are among the group who have become inspirations for youngsters across the world due to their spectacular achievements through their work and passion.
DIPP Announces State-Wise Startup Rankings: Gujarat Named Best Performer
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has awarded Gujarat as the best performer in Start-up Ranking 2018, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Odisha and Kerala were rated as top performers
|Gujarat CM||Vijay Rupani|
|Governor||Om Prakash Kohli|
10 central agencies now authorised to intercept information on computers
- Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba issued an order authorising ten central agencies with “interception, monitoring and decryption of any information generated, transmitted, received or stored in any computer
- The Ministry of Home Affairs issued an order enabling the Intelligence Bureau, Narcotics Control Bureau, Enforcement Directorate, Central Board of Direct Taxes, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Central Bureau of Investigation, National Investigation Agency, Cabinet Secretariat (R&AW), Directorate of Signal Intelligence (For service areas of Jammu & Kashmir, North-East and Assam only) and Commissioner of Police, Delhi to intercept information stored on any computer device
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Govt launches Asiatic Lions Conservation Project
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change launched the ‘Asiatic Lion Conservation Project’ with an aim to protect and conserve the population of Asiatic Lion.
- The minister said the total budget of the project for the next three years will be funded through a centrally sponsored scheme, the Development of Wildlife Habitat, with the contributing ratio of 60:40 for central and state share.
|Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change||Harsh Vardhan|
Karnataka Cabinet approved a grant of Rs.8,037.87 crore for development works
- The Karnataka State Cabinet approved a grant of 8,037.87 crore for the development works in the city under the Chief Minister’s Nava Bengaluru Scheme.
/ 5. Reviews