Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
World Television Day
- The United Nations’ (UN) World Television Day is annually observed in many places around the world on November 21. The day recognizes that television plays a major role in presenting different issue that affect people.
World Fisheries day
- World Fisheries day is celebrated every year on November 21 throughout the world by fishing communities.
AYUSH Ministry observes the first Naturopathy Day on November 18th.
- Union Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) Ministry celebrated first Naturopathy Day on Sunday with aim of promoting drug-less system of medicine to prevent diseases by altering diet and lifestyle.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government launches chatbot loaded AirSewa digital platform for air passengers
- Union Civil Aviation Ministry launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app in New Delhi. The major improvements in upgraded version of web portal include features such as secure sign-up and log-in with social media, chatbot for travellers support, improved grievance management including social media grievances.
Prime Minister launches Ease of Doing Business Grand Challenge
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Ease of Doing Business Grand Challenge on resolving seven identified Ease of Doing Business problems with use of cutting edge technologies. It was launched during programme organized by PM for interaction with select CEOs from Indian & foreign companies.
Sulabh International introduces India’s first sewer cleaning machine to end unsafe manual scavenging
- Sulabh International has introduced India’s first sewer cleaning machine to reduce sewer deaths and put end to unsafe practice of manual scavenging. The machine was unveiled on occasion of World Toilet Day 2018 (observed on 19 November) by mayors of all three Municipal Corporations of Delhi (MCD) in the presence founder of Sulabh International Bindeshwar Pathak.
AAI inks agreement with US Trade and Development Agency to prepare modernisation roadmap
- State-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) has inked agreement with US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) to develop a roadmap for modernisation of its air traffic services. Air traffic services (ATS) comprises air traffic management (ATM) and communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Amir Yaron as the next governor of the Bank of Israel for 5 years
- Israel’s Cabinet approved Amir Yaron as the next governor of the Bank of Israel for 5 years. He replaced Karnit Flug, who became the first woman to hold the post when she took over in 2013. Prior to this, he was the a finance professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
West Bengal Assembly passes Bill to give land rights to enclave dwellers in north Bengal
- West Bengal Assembly unanimously passed West Bengal Land Reforms (Amendment) Bill, 2018 to give land rights to enclave dwellers in north Bengal. The process will result in creation of 13 ‘mouzas’ (administrative district), while rest of area will be amalgamated with existing 31 ‘mouzas’.
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
|West Bengal Chief Minister||Mamata Banerjee|
|West Bengal Governor||KeshariNathTripathi|
Punjab becomes 3rd state to ban hookah bars or lounges
- Punjab becomes third state in the country after Maharashtra and Gujarat to ban hookah bars or lounges. The ban was announced through law after President Ram Nath Kovind gave assent to Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) (Punjab Amendment) Bill, 2018.
|Governor||V P Singh Badnore|
Uttar Pradesh government has recently launched Nari Sashaktikaran Sankalp Abhiyan
- In Uttar Pradesh, Nari Sashaktikaran Sankalp Abhiyan (or Women Empowerment campaign) has been launched by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow. The month-long campaign is aimed to empower women in the state through various programmes.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
India’s first Sri Vishwakarma Skill Development University will come up in Haryana
- In Haryana, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently laid foundation of India’s first Sri Vishwakarma Skill Development University at village Dudhola in Palwal district via remote control . The University would impart skill training to the youth and encourage them to be self employed. It’s campus would be developed over 82.7 acres at a sum of over Rs 1,000 crore.
|CM||Manohar lal Kathar|
|Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
The 0.7 m GROWTH-India telescope located at Indian Astronomical Observatory in Hanle, Ladakh
- The 0.7 m GROWTH-India telescope located at Indian Astronomical Observatory in Hanle, Ladakh has made its first observation which is a follow-up study of a nova explosion. The GROWTH-India is a part of multi-country collaborative initiative known as Global Relay of Observatories Watching Transients Happen (GROWTH)to observe transient events in the Universe.
|Jammu & Kashmir Capital||Jammu & Srinagar|
|Governor||Satya Pal Malik|
The first transgender Chandramukhi Muvvala to Contest Assembly Election from Telangana
- Chandramukhi Muvvala contesting in the upcoming Assembly Elections. Chandramukhi Muvvala, who filed her nomination against former minister and senior Congress leader Mukesh Goud and controversial BJP leader T Raja Singh in Goshamahal constituency for Bahujana Left Front (BLF) ticket. She announced that her aims to fight for equal rights and against atrocities on transgender persons if she wins.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
SBICAP Ventures (SVL) launched the funds for the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and affordable housing sectors
- SBICAP Ventures (SVL), an alternative asset manager and a wholly owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Markets, has launched two funds for the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and affordable housing sectors. The SME fund is expecting to raise a corpus of Rs 400 crore, while the affordable housing fund would look at raising Rs 350 crore. Before this, SBICAP Ventures had launched a fund named Neev Fund in 2015 with a focus on the low-income states for small infrastructure projects.
BSE to cut ties with S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC; develop own in-house indices
- Asia’s oldest bourse BSE has decided to snap ties with S&P Dow Jones, which manages and operates benchmark Sensex. Now it is planning to develop indices through its own in-house development team.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Sanjay Kumar Mishra appointed Director of Enforcement Directorate
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi headed Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Senior IRS officer Sanjay Kumar Mishra as full-time Director of the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
Jalaj Srivastava appointed Chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India
- Union Government has appointed senior IAS officier Jalaj Srivastava as chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI). IWAI comes under Union Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways, currently headed by Nitin Gadkari.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has been honoured with the 2018 Sumitra Charat Ram Award
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has been honoured with the 2018 Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement Award in the field of Indian Classical Music at the Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi.
UASG conferred “Universal Acceptance Thought Leader award” for Vasundhara Raje
- UASG (Universal Acceptance Steering Group) conferred “Universal Acceptance Thought Leader award” on Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje for providing Rajmail email service for citizens of Rajasthan in local script. UASG has recognised the work of Vasundhara Raje and IT Department for Rajmail project that offers access to email address to people in Rajasthan in Indic script. The technology for Rajmail was developed by Data XGen Technologies, a Rajasthan based firm.
Centre for Science and Environment awarded Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development
- Delhi-based environment think-tank Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) will be awarded Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2018 for its work in environmental education and protection.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Government to set up first National Institute of Inter-Faith Studies in Punjab
- Union Government will set up first-of-its-kind institute of Inter-Faith Studies in Punjab to promote brotherhood and diversity. It is being established as part of year-long activities to commemorate 550th birth anniversary of first Sikh Guru and founder of Sikh religion Guru Nanak.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Indo-Japan Business Council’s Business Festival recently held in Pune
- Indo-Japan Business Council’s Business Festival recently held in Pune. The Indo-Japan Business Council (IJBC), hosted KONNICHI WA PUNE – a first of its kind business festival in Pune. The festival was aimed to boost investment, promote businesses and cultural exchange between India and Japan.
Ram Nath Kovind addresses Vietnam India business forum and Indian Community at Hanoi in Vietnam
- President Ram Nath Kovind addresses Vietnam India business forum and Indian Community at Hanoi in Vietnam on Monday. The President urged Vietnamese and Indian businesses to partner each other for trade and investment, and technology collaboration.
Tripura will host the 7th International Tourism Mart from 22nd November 2018 at Agartala.
- Tripura will host the 7th International Tourism Mart from 22nd November 2018 at Agartala. The three day event, which aims at propagate tourism potentials of the northeast states, will have tour operator delegates from 18 countries. The International Tourism Mart is an annual event that is held in the northeastern states. Tripura will be hosting it for the first time this year. The estimated budget of the fair this year is Rs 2.6 crore. This event has been organized in Assam, Meghalaya and Manipur in the past. The previous edition of this event was organized in Guwahati in December 2017.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
49th edition of the International Film Festival of India opened with the gala opening ceremony at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Goa
- The 49th edition of the International Film Festival of India opened with the gala opening ceremony at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Goa. The 9-day event will showcase 212 films from 68 countries. While The Aspern Papers is the opening film, Sealed Lips will be the closing movie. Chaitanya Prasad is the Director of Festival. While Israel is the focus country, Jharkhand is the focus state this year. Ten Israeli films including The Other Story will be screened at the IFFI. Veteran Israeli filmmaker Dan Wolman will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award this year.
Jashne Bachpan: 14th edition of international children’s theatre festival held in New Delhi
- The 14th edition of Jashne Bachpan, a theatre festival for children was held at the Sammukh, Abhimanch, Abhikalp and Little Theatre Group (LTG) auditorium in New Delhi. It was organised by National School of Drama’s (NSD) Theatre in Education (TIE) Company.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has launched ‘NSE goBID’ and web-based platform for retail investors to buy government securities (G-Secs).
- National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) launched a mobile application and web-based platform for retail investors to buy government securities (G-Secs). The new app – ‘NSE goBID’, was launched by SEBI chairman Ajay Tyagi. Through this app, retail investors can invest in treasury bills (T-Bills) of 91 days, 182 days and 364 days and various government bonds from one year to almost 40 years. It will allow investors to make payments directly from their bank accounts using the unified payments interface (UPI) and internet banking. RBI conducts auction of G-sec and T-bills on a weekly basis where 5 per cent of the notified amount is allotted for eligible investors under the scheme for non-competitive bidding facility.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Army selects Russian Igla-S missile system
- Indian Army has picked Russia’s Igla-S missile system as choice for its multibillion dollar contract for man-portable air defence systems (MANPADS). Igla-S bid around $1.47 billion from Russia’s Rosoboronexport had emerged lowest bidder for Indian Army’s Very Short Range Air Defence (VSHORAD) deal.
Vajra Prahar: India-USA joint military exercise commences in Jaipur
- India, US Joint Special Forces Exercise 2018 named Vajra Prahar commenced at Mahajan Field Firing Range (MFFR), Bikaner in Rajasthan. The exercise was called between Special Forces of both countries to deal with operations for counter-terrorism and is being done at unit as well as sub-unit levels.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Lakshya Sen wins bronze medal in men’s singles at World Junior Badminton Championship
- India’s top junior shuttler Lakshya Sen (17) won bronze medal at Li Ning BWF World Junior Badminton Championships 2018 held at Markham, Canada. In singles semi-final match, he lost to top seed and world junior number one Kunlavut Vitidsarn of Thailand by 22-20, 16-21, 13-21 score.