Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
National Mathematics Day
- India celebrates National Mathematics Day on December 22 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Mathematician SrinivasaRamanujan
- SrinivasaRamanujan is one of the greatest Indian mathematicians whose aids and contributions gave an entirely new meaning to mathematics.
- He was born on December 22, 1887, in Erode situated in Tamil Nadu, India. His theory of numbers consists of revolutionary findings of the properties of the functions of partition.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Odisha Announces Rs. 10k-Crore KALIA Scheme for Farmers
- Odisha government announced Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme for supporting small and marginal farmers and landless agricultural labourers in the state.
- The total expenditure under KALIA scheme will be around Rs. 10,000 crore over a period of three years till 2020-21
- As part of the scheme, the government has decided to provide small and marginal farmers financial support of 10,000 per year at the rate of Rs 5000 each for Kharif and Rabi seasons.
- State government will also provide life insurance support to cultivators and landless labourers through a cover ofRs. 2, 00,000. Provision for additional personal accident cover of Rs 2, 00,000 has also been made under the scheme.
Jharkhand Announces Rs. 2,250 Crore Scheme to Help Farmers
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced aRs 2,250-crore scheme to help 22.76 lakh medium and marginal farmers of the state double their income by 2022.
- 2,250 crore will be spent under the new Mukhya Mantri Krishi Yojana.
- The state government will give 5,000 per acre to 22.76 lakh medium and marginal farmers from the next financial year.
- The state government will give 5,000 per acre those farmers having less than one acre will also get Rs. 5,000 and the upper limit is five acres.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UAE to deposit $3 billion in State Bank of Pakistan
- The UAE will deposit $3 billion (Dh11 billion) in the State Bank of Pakistan to support the country’s financial and monetary policy
- The Abu Dhabi Fund for Development stated that will deposit the money over the next few days to enhance liquidity and monetary reserves of foreign currency at the Bank
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|President||Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Bandhan Bank is in talks with HDFC Ltd to buy its subsidiary Gruh Finances,
- RBI has asked the bank to reduce its promoter holding from current 82.28 percent to 40 percent by August 2018.
- The deal will take Bandhan Bank’s market capitalisation from Rs 63,000 crore to Rs 88,000 crore.
- HDFC Ltd currently holds 57.86 percent stake in Gruh Finance
|Bandhan Bank CEO||Chandra ShekharGhosh|
|HDFC Bank CEO||AdityaPuri|
Forex reserves decline by $613.9 million to $393.12 billion
- According to the RBI data The country’s foreign exchange reserves declined by $613.9 million to $393.12 billionon account of a fall in foreign currency assets
- The reserves had touched a record high of $426.028 billion in the week to April 13, 2018
- The special drawing rights with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) dipped by $7 million to $1.45 billion.
- The country’s reserve position with the IMF also decline by $12.5 million to $2.617 billion
33 Items Moved From 18% GST Slab To 12%, 5%
- GST, the government’s biggest tax reform, sets rates from 28 per cent to 5 per cent on most items
- The Goods & Services Tax (GST) Council cut rates of 33 items from 18 per cent to 12 per cent and 5 per cent
- Earlier the government had said that 99% of items can be moved under 18 per cent GST.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
NITI Aayog to release SDG India Index – Baseline Report 2018
- Government think tank NITI Aayog came out with a baseline index of Indian states’ performance on various UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), It found the states of Himachal Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu and the Union Territories of Chandigarh and Pondicherry, are among the front-runners.
- SDGsare a set of 17 goals across social, economic and environmental spheres that would transform the world into a better place by 2030.
- Kerala’s top rank is attributed to its superior performance in providing good health, reducing hunger, achieving gender equality and providing quality education,
- Himachal Pradesh has surged to the top backed by its success in providing clean water and sanitation, in reducing inequalities and preserving the mountain ecosystem.
- Tamil Nadu, on the other hand, did well in reducing poverty and providing affordable and cleanenergy to people.
- High Level Committee to Review National Indicator Framework for Sustainable Development Goals Chaired by Chief statistician and Secretary, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation PravinSrivastava
Andhra, Himachal, Madhya Pradesh best performing states under maternity benefit programme: WCD
- Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh were the top three performing states under the maternity benefit programme Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- PMMVY is a centrally-sponsored scheme under which the cost-sharing ratio between the Centre, states and the Union Territories with the legislation is 60:40.
- For the eight northeastern states and the three Himalayan states, it is 90:10, and 100 per cent central assistance for the Union Territories.
Indian aviation sector retains highest safety audit standard in 2018
- Indian aviation sector maintained the highest safety audit rating in 2018 from global auditors, International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA),
- India has been, provisionally, given 74 percent marks by ICAO and has maintained Category 1 (highest category) under International Aviation Safety Assessment (IASA) by FAA in 2018.
|ICAO Headquarters||Montreal, Canada|
|Secretary general||Fang Liu|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Mobile app for global aviation summit launched
- The civil aviation ministry along with the Airport Authority of India launched an official mobile appnamed’GAS 2019,’ which is available on both play store and iOS, for the global aviation summit to be held in Mumbai next month.
|Minister of Civil Aviation||Suresh Prabhu|
|Constituency||Andhra Pradesh, RajyaSabha|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, Japan Exchange of Notes and Loan Agreements
- Japan and India entered into a $75-billion currency swap
- The Notes were exchanged between Dr. C.S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary in Department of Economic Affairs, Union Ministry of Finance and Kenji Hiramatsu, Ambassador of Japan to India on Japanese official development assistance loan forthree projects
1)Chennai Metro Project (Phase 2) (I) for Japanese Yen (JPY) 75.519 billion
2) Program for Japan-India Cooperative Actions towards Sustainable Development Goals in India for JPY 15.000 billion
3) Project for Dairy Development for JPY 14.978 billion.
NFAI, FTII sign MoU for transfer of land for film storage
- The National Film Archives of India (NFAI) and the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for transfer of three acres of land for the construction of a storage facility for films and film material.
- The land belonging to FTII at their Kothrud campus in Pune will be transferred to NFAI
|FTII – Film & Television Institute of India||Pune|
|NFAI-National Film Archive of India||Pune|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OTHERS
TRAI imposes Rs. 56 lakh penalty on telecom operator
- Telecom regulator TRAI has imposed penalty of Rs. 56 lakh on telecom operators in the first half of this year for failing to meet call drop benchmark
- According to the data shared by Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India imposed highest penalty of Rs 22 lakh on Tata Teleservices
- The regulator imposed penalty of Rs 10 lakh and Rs 12 lakh on Idea in first and second quarter of 2018, respectively.
- It imposed penalty of Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 4 lakh on BSNL during the first and second quarter, respectively
|Minister of State Communication||Manoj Sinha|
|TRAI Headquarters||New Delhi|
BWF Rankings: PV Sindhu jumps three spots
- Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu has climbed 3 spots to Number 3 in the latest world badminton rankings
- She moved up after claiming a 21-19, 21-17 win against NozomiOkuhara of Japan in last week’s BWF World Tour Finals in Guangzhou, China
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Assamese Singer DipaliBorthakur passes away
- Assam’s eminent vocalist DipaliBorthakur passed away
- DipaliBorthakur, popularly known as the “Nightingale of Assam”
- She was winner of multiple prestigious awards and honours including the Padmashree, DipaliBorthakur was the wife of noted artist NeelpawanBaruah
|NFAI-National Film Archive of India||Pune|