Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
KisanDiwas or National Farmers’ Day
- Farmer’s Day is celebrated across the nation December 23 every year with the focus on the upliftment of the status of the farmer.
- Farmer’s Day is celebrated in the honour of the former Prime Minister of India ChaudharyCharan Singh.
- He was born on 23 December 1902 in a rural peasant Jat family of village Noorpur, District Hapur (Erstwhile District Meerut), Uttar Pradesh
- ChaudharyCharan Singh served as the 5th Prime Minister of India
National Consumer Day
- Every Year 24th December is observed as National Consumer Day
- This year the National Consumer Day is celebrated with the theme Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints
- The Consumer Protection Act, 1986
|Consumer Affairs, Food and Publications Distribution Minister||Ram Vilas Paswan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
President of India Inaugurates Centre of Excellence for Genetic Blood Disorders at Prathima Institute in Karimnagar
- The President of India,Ram NathKovind, inaugurated the Centre of Excellence for Sickle Cell Anaemia, Thalassemia and Other Genetic Blood Disorders at the Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences in Karimnagar, Telangana
Indian Railways bags 17 awards at the ‘National Energy Conservation awards 2018
- Transport category (Sub-sector railway station): Under this category, India railways obtained 10 awards
- Building category (Sub-sector Railway hospitals):Under the building category, Indian railways bagged 3 awards
- Institution category (Sub-sector state PWD, CPWD and PHED):Under this particular category, Indian railways won 4 awards
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Burundi names Gitega as new capital
- Burundi declared the small central city of Gitega the country’s new political capital
- The government “has just adopted an historic bill making Gitega the political capital and making Bujumbura the economic capital
|Burundi Capital||Gitega and Bujumbura|
China launches first satellite for broadband communication
- China launched its first satellite as part of the Hongyun Project, a low-orbit broadband communication satellite system.
- A Long March-11 rocket carrying the low Earth-orbit satellite took off from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China at 7.51 am and successfully entered its orbit
- The Hongyun project, started in September 2016, aims to build a space-based communications network to provide broadband internet connectivity to users around the world.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Manipur Assembly Passed Anti-mob Violence Bill
- The Manipur Assembly has passed a bill which recommends life imprisonment for those involved in mob violence,
- It recommends a rigorous life imprisonment term if the crime results in the death of a victim.
- The Assembly also passed the Manipur Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2018
|CM||N Biren Singh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
GST Council cuts rates on 23 items, rationalises 28% slab
- The Goods and Services Tax Council cut rates on 17 items and six types of services during its 31st meeting, leaving only one common use item cement in the 28% bracket.
- The reduced rates are likely to come into effect from January 1, 2019
- Monitors and TV screens up to 32 inches and power banks will attract 18 per cent GST, as against 28 per cent earlier
- Movie tickets costing up to Rs. 100 cut to 12 per cent, from 18 per cent, tickets over Rs. 100 to attract 18 per cent GST, against 28 per cent earlier
- GSTN chairman – Ajay BhushanPandey (Revenue Secretary)
TCS, Wipro, IBM among firms shortlisted by RBI for setting up Public Credit Registry
- The Reserve Bank of India has shortlisted six major IT companies, including TCS, Wipro and IBM India, to set up a wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) for capturing details of all borrowers and wilful defaulters
- The PCR will also include data from entities like market regulator Sebi, Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) to enable banks and financial institutions to get a 360-degree profile of the existing as well as prospective borrowers on a real-time basis
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
BVP Rao elected Archery Association of India president
- Raorepresented Archery Association of Assam, beat RupakDebroy of Tripura by 49 votes to 36 in the contest for the president’s post at the elections held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Earlier he served as vice president of the archery association of the northeastern state.
US Defence Secretary James Mattis resigns
- US Defence Secretary James Mattis resigned
- His announcement came a day after President Trump stated that he was withdrawing troops from Syria.
- James Mattis will leave the job in February.
|US Capital||Washington DC|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
FIFA Rankings: Belgium top by one point
- FIFA rankings have been released, with the World No. 1 spot being decided by a single point. Meanwhile, the Socceroos remain steady in their position
- Belgium will end the year as No. 1 ahead of world champions France in the global rankings.
- Belgium have 1,727 points by FIFA’s calculations to 1,726 for France. Brazil are third on 1,676.
|FIFA Headquarters||Zurich, Switzerland|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Union Minister Suresh Prabhu confers Skoch Golden Jubilee Challenger Award at the 55th Skoch Summit in New Delhi
- The Skoch Challenger Awards are the highest independently instituted civilian honours. The Commerce and Industry Minister was awarded for his contribution to reforms, particularly in the power sector reforms
- Chairman: Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister BibekDebroy
|Constituency||Andhra Pradesh, RajyaSabha|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian coast guard ship in UAE for joint training exercises
- The Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Vikram is on a goodwill visit to the UAE, and will be conducting joint training exercises with the UAE Coast Guard
- Simulated search and rescue operations, law enforcement, and activities regarding safety of life and property at sea are some of the training activities that the ICG will undertake with the UAE coastal protection authorities
- Vikram, the first of its class of seven Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs)
Joint India-China military exercise “Hand In Hand” held in China
- Indian and Chinese troops concluded the seventh round of counter-terrorism military exercises in and dining together to build up a sense of camaraderie China’s Chengdu city during which over 100-strong contingents from both nations conducted the drills while living
- This year’s ‘Hand-in-Hand’ exercises focussing on urban terrorism were significant as they were held after a gap of a year
India Successfully Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Agni-IV Missile
- India successfully test-fired its nuclear capable long range ballistic missile Agni-IV, with a strike range of 4,000 km,The strategic surface-to-surface Agni-IV missile was flight tested from launch complex-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Dr Abdul Kalam Island
- This was the 7th trial of Agni-IV missile. The last trial conducted by the strategic force command (SFC) of the Indian Army from the same base on January 2, 2018 was successful.
- Agni-IV missile is 20 meterlong and weighs 17 tonnes; it is equipped with state-of-the-art guiding, navigation and communication systems.
Indian Navy launches Information Fusion Centre to boost maritime security
- An aim to strengthen maritime security in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR), Indian Navy has launched its Information Fusion Centre (IFC) that will share information on vessels of interest with other friendly nations
- IFC is based at the Indian Navy’s Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) at Gurugram in the National Capital Region.
- IMAC is the single point centre on Indian Navy, linking all the coastal radar chains to generate a seamless real-time picture of the nearly 7,500km coastline.
|Minister of Defence||NirmalaSitharaman|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Pune’s Vedangi cycles around the globe in 159 days
- Having spent 159 days on her bicycle covering 300 km daily Kulkarni, who is from Pune’s Nigdi area, completed the mandatory 29,000km required to qualify for bicycling across the globe
- She was the fastest woman in Asia to cycle across the globe
Real Madrid 4-1 Al Ain: Club World Cup final
- Goals from Luka Modric, Marcos Llorente, Sergio Ramos and an own goal helped Real Madrid to lift their third consecutive title.
- The 2018 FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2018 presented by Alibaba Cloud was the 15th edition of the FIFA Club World Cup
|FIFA Headquarters||Zurich, Switzerland|
/ 5. Reviews