Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
World Polio Day
- World Polio Day is observed on October 24 . World Polio Day was established by Rotary International over a decade ago to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop a vaccine against poliomyelitis.
United Nations day
- United Nations day will be observed on October 24. Between October and November, visitors to UN Headquarters can see a photo exhibition called “People on the Move,” which is being displayed in the Visitor’s Lobby of the General Assembly building, in connection with 2018 UN Day.
|Theme||Traditions of Peace and Non-violence|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Supreme Court moves to make Diwali less noisy
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday struck a balance between the interests of the firecracker industry and the right to public health, allowing the manufacture and sale of only “green” and reduced-emission or “improved” crackers, while banning those that are loud and toxic to man, animal and the environment.
- The judgment reduced the time for bursting crackers during Deepavali and other festivals to two hours: between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. For Christmas and New Year, the time slot allowed is just half-an-hour, between 11.55 p.m. and half-past midnight. The reduced time window is applicable across the country.
GCF approves $43 million to boost climate resilience for India’s coastal communities
- UN-backed fund Green Climate Fund (GCF) has approved US $43.4 million for enhancing climate resilience for millions of people living in India’s coastal communities as part of its efforts to combat extreme impacts of climate change. The grant is part of more than US $1 billion approved by 21st meeting of GCF Board held in Bahrain’s capital Manama for 19 new projects to help developing countries tackle climate change.
80% of Ganga to be clean before March 2019: Gadkari
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari said that the work for cleaning and rejuvenation of River Ganga is ongoing and 70-80per cent of the work will be completed before March next year.
|USEFUL INFO : Nitin Gadkari|
|Union Ministry||Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World’s oldest intact shipwreck found in Black Sea
- An ancient Greek trading ship dating back more than 2,400 years has been found virtually intact at the bottom of the Black Sea
Xi Jinping opens world’s longest sea bridge
- Chinese President Xi Jinping inaugurated a 55-km bridge that will deepen the integration of Hong Kong and Macao with the rest of China.
- The world’s longest sea-crossing bridge will be at the heart of an integrated Greater Bay Area (GBA) covering 11 major neighbouring cities, which include Hong Kong, Macao, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
NASSCOM partnered with Hiroshima for Japan-India IT corridor in Hiroshima
- Indian IT industry’s apex body National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) entered into a partnership with the Hiroshima government for co-creating a Japan-India IT Corridor in Hiroshima.
US to pull out of Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty signed with Russia
- United States (US) President Donald Trump has announced that US will unilaterally pull out of three-decade-old Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty signed with Russia during Cold War.
|US Capital||Washington DC|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
UNESCO MGIEP, Government of AP to organize TECH 2018
- UNESCO MGIEP in association with Government of Andhra Pradesh announces TECH 2018, an international conference which aims to showcase the role of games and digital learning to create peaceful and sustainable societies.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Hyderabad, Amaravathi|
Gwalior to host 4-day International Dance Festival
- Uzbekistan Ambassador to India Farhod Arziev inaugurated a four-day international dance festival titled “Udbhav Utsav” in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
|CM||Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Seven hundred and twenty eight crores capital infusion to Syndicate Bank from government
- Public sector Syndicate Bank announced capital infusion of Rs 728 crore from the government in lieu of preferential allotment of shares. The government in its October 17th order issued that it would infuse Rs 728 crore to Syndicate Bank against preferential allotment of equity shares during 2018-19.
|Syndicate Bank Headquarters||Manipal|
|Tagline||Your Faithful And Friendly Bank|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
TCS among top 10 firms to get foreign labour certification for H-1B visas
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is the only Indian company among the top 10 firms to get foreign labour certification for the H-1B visas for the fiscal year 2018 by receiving over 20,000 such certifications, according to official data in which Ernst & Young was ranked No 1.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
TVS Motor gets a New CEO: K.N. Radhakrishnan
- TVS Motor president K.N. Radhakrishnan has been elevated as the whole-time director of the company. He will hold office as director and CEO for a period of five years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Fali S. Nariman awarded 19th Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration
- Eminent jurist Fali S. Nariman (89) was awarded 19th Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration. He was presented the award by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu at a function held in New Delhi.
Maharshi Valmiki Jayanti Award for Deve Gowda
- The Karnataka government decided to confer the Sri Maharshi Valmiki award for the year 2018-19 to former prime minister H D Deve Gowda. Chief minister H D Kumaraswamy will be presenting the award to H D Deve Gowda.
Invest India wins UN Investment Promotion Award
- Invest India has received the top UN Investment Promotion Award in recognition of its efforts to boost investments in the renewable energy sector in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, Myanmar sign MoU towards Sittwe Port operationalisation
- India and Myanmar signed an important MoU on Monday for the appointment of a private Port Operator for the Operation and Maintenance of Sittwe Port, Paletwa Inland Water Terminal and associated facilities included in the Kaladan Multi Model Transit Transport Project in implementation of India’s Act East Policy.
India, China sign agreement on security cooperation
- India and China have signed agreement on internal security cooperation. It is first such agreement to be signed between the two countries. The agreement was signed by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and China’s State Councilor and Minister of Public Security Zhao Kezhi in New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
27th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference Starts In Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- The 27th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference (FEC 2018) has started in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) fosters the exchange of scientific and technical results in nuclear fusion research and development through its series of Fusion Energy Conferences.
Fourth Edition Of NITI Lecture Series Held In New Delhi
- Fourth Edition Of NITI Lecture Series Held In New Delhi. The theme for this year is “AI for ALL: Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Inclusive Growth”.
|NITI Aayog Full form||National Institution for Transforming India|
|NITI Aayog Chairman||PM Of India|
|Vice- Chairman||Rajiv Kumar|
India-China high-level meeting on bilateral security cooperation held in New Delhi
- The first India-China high-level meeting on bilateral security cooperation held in New Delhi recently. During the meeting, the two sides discussed issues of mutual interest including bilateral cooperation on counter-terrorism and welcomed increased cooperation between India and China in the area of security. An Agreement on security cooperation was also signed by Home Minister Rajnath Singh and State Councilor and Minister of Public Security of China, Zhao Kezhi.
Sagar conference inaugurated in Goa
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate the second edition of the Sagar conference at Bambolim, Goa. It is being organised by the Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
The book “Nehru and Bose: Parallel Lives” has been authored by Rudrangshu Mukherjee.
- The book “Nehru and Bose: Parallel Lives” has been authored by Rudrangshu Mukherjee. It brings to light the riveting story of two contrasting personalities – Subhas Chandra Bose and Jawaharlal Nehru – who would go on to define modern India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Environment Ministry launches Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali campaign
- Environment Ministry has launched Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali campaign. This campaign was initiated in 2017-18 wherein large number of school children participated and took pledge to minimize bursting of crackers.
President inaugurated three-day Vishwa Shanti Ahimsa Sammelan in Maharashtra
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated three-day Vishwa Shanti Ahimsa Sammelan in Maharashtra. The conference was organized by the Bhagwan Rishabhdev Murti Nirman Samiti. The President presented the 1st international “Bhagwan Rishabhdev Award” to the Teerthanker Mahaveer University of Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh. The award consisted of a cash prize of Rs. 11 lakh, a memento, and a citation. It was received by the chancellor of Teerthanker Mahaveer University Suresh Jain
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Tea Board of India is to launch an app named Chai Sahay
- Tea Board of India is planning to launch an app aimed at guiding small growers, whose share in total tea production is increasing. The proposed name of the app is Chai Sahay (tea help).
Orientation workshop on Health and Nutrition Initiatives under Aspirational District Programme and launch of e-Mitra Mobile app
- National Workshop for Orientation of District Officials of Aspirational Districts on Health and Nutrition, was held in New Delhi. It was organized by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD). It was inaugurated by Ashwini Kumar Choubey and Anupriya Patel, Ministers of State for Health and Family Welfare. The e-Mitra (Mobile Integrated Toolkit RMNCH+A) app has been designed to complement the Aspirational District Programme.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India is world’s 2nd most underinsured country
- India has the second largest insurance gap in the world of $27 billion after China, where the under insurance or insurance gap is over $76 billion. According to a Lloyd’s of London’s report, global under insurance stands at $162.5 billion in 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Iron Magic 19: UAE, US to conduct military exercise near Dubai
- The joint military exercise Iron Magic 19 between United Arab Emirates (UAE) and United States (US) kicked off near Dubai. The two-week military exercise is part of series of joint military exercises held throughout the year between UAE armed forces and armed forces of other countries.
Druzhba-III: Russia and Pakistan holding military exercise in Pakistan
- The Druzhba 2018 (Friendship 2018) joint bilateral military exercise between Pakistan and Russian special forces has begun in Pakistan. This exercise will be organized in north-western hill region in Nowshera district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa of Pakistan. The two week long joint military exercise is aimed at bolstering and building military cooperation between the two countries
NASA celebrates 10 years of operation of Fermi Gamma ray Space Telescope
- NASA’s Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope completes 10 years of operations. To celebrate this, the NASA scientists have devised a new set of 21 modern gamma-ray constellations. The constellations were named them after fictional characters such as the Hulk and Godzilla.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Mumbai Won Vijay Hazare Trophy title for 3rd time
- Mumbai beat Delhi to lift Vijay Hazare Trophy title for 3rd time.
Bajrang Punia settles for silver at World Championships
- Wrestler Bajrang Punia had to settle for a silver medal after he went down against Japan’s Takuto Otoguro in the 65kg final of the wrestling World Championships in Budapest, Hungary.