Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women 2018
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated November 25 as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (Resolution 54/134).
- The premise of the day is to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subject to rape, domestic violence and other forms of violence; furthermore, one of the aims of the day is to highlight that the scale and true nature of the issue is often hidden.
||Orange the World: #HearMeToo
National Constitution Day
- National Constitution Day observed on November 26
- On this day in 1949, the constitution was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950, marking the beginning of a new era in the history of India.
- On 19th November 2015, during the year-long celebration of the 125th birth anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar, Government of India in a gazette notification declared November 26th as the Constitution Day.
- The Constitution continues to be the nation’s guiding light on all matters connected with governance and jurisprudence.
- The founding fathers gave people one of the best Constitutions in the world and by displaying foresight, vision and a flexible approach, they accommodated various viewpoints and made it adaptable to the Indian situation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government allows non-transport usage of quadricycles
- The government has allowed non-transport usage of quadricycles with a view to providing a safe and cheap mode for the last mile connectivity.
- A quadricycle is a vehicle which is of the size of a three wheeler but with four tyres and fully covered like a car but its maximum speed limit and engine capacity are lower than that of a small car.
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified the insertion of the item Quadricycle as a non-transport vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988
- Quadricycles were only allowed for transport usage under the Act, but now has been made usable for non-transport also, it added.
Government to give 5% subsidy for non-basmati rice exports for four months
- The government will give a subsidy of 5 percent for non-basmati rice exports for the four months to 25 March, 2019.
- India, the world’s biggest rice exporter, will give incentives for non-basmati rice shipments to help boost flagging overseas sales
- The subsidy will help accelerate exports in the next few months
- India’s non-basmati rice exports have weakened this year despite a weaker rupee that makes the grain cheaper for holders of other currencies.
No homework for Class 1 and 2 students: Government to schools
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has instructed all states and Union Territories to create guidelines to regulate teaching, wherein it has asked them to follow a ‘no homework policy’ for class 1 and 2 students.
- It further asked for regulation of weight of school bags.
- The Ministry added students shouldn’t be asked to bring additional books and extra materials.
PAiSA Portal launched for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access
- The government launched “PAiSA -Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access.
- This portal is a centralized electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under DeendayalAntyodayaYojana.
- PAiSA is yet another effort by the government to connect directly with the beneficiaries, ensuring that there is greater transparency and efficiency in the delivery of services.
- The web platform has been designed and developed by Allahabad Bank which is the Nodal bank.
- All 35 states and Union Territories and all scheduled commercial banks, and Cooperative Banks are likely to be on board PAiSA portal by year end.
Jharkhand Day celebrated at IFFI
- Jharkhand Day was celebrated at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
- Jharkhand is the focus state at this year’s IFFI. This is for the first time that any state has been made focus state at IFFI.
- MSD: The untold story and six other movies which have been shot in the state are being screened at this year’s festival.
- Jharkhand is home to some of the biggest celebrities including, MS Dhoni, Priyanka Chopra, and archer DeepikaKumari.
|Jharkhand Chief Minister
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UK to launch autonomous buses, taxis by 2021
- The UK government has announced plans to launch its first driverless public transport services by 2021.
- The £25 million ($33 million) project would include autonomous buses in Scotland and self-driving taxis in several London boroughs.
- Private taxi company Addison Lee will also receive state funds to lead separate trials of driverless taxis in London before the launch of public services.
|UK Prime Minister
First-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue being held
- The first-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue is being held at St. Petersburg in Russia.
- The Indian side is being led by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar, with the Russian delegation headed by Economic Development Minister Maxim Oreshkin.
- The two-day forum is also expected to bring together key business figures from both countries.
- The participants will discuss the development of bilateral ties in trade, investment, technology and industry.
- Transport, agriculture and agro-processing, Small and Medium Enterprises, digital transformation and frontier technologies and industrial cooperation are some of the key areas of focus.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
UP government to build 221m statue of Lord Ram, will be world’s tallest
- The Uttar Pradesh government has cleared the plans to build a 221-metre-tall bronze statue of Lord Ram in Ayodhya, which will be the world’s tallest statue.
- While the actual statue would be 151-metre tall, the structure would have a 20-metre umbrella and a 50-metre-high pedestal. A museum would also be housed at the pedestal.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital
||Lucknow, Allahabad (Judiciary)
|Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
|Uttar Pradesh Governor
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS
World number one tennis player given honorary doctorate
- World number one singles tennis player Simona Halep has been awarded an honorary doctorate in her homeland Romania.
- Simona Halep won her first Grand Slam by beating Sloane Stephens in the final of the French Open earlier this year.
Salim Khan to be honoured by the IFFI Special Award for his lifetime contribution to cinema
- The master writer Salim Khan would be honoured by the IFFI Special Award for his lifetime contribution to cinema, at the closing ceremony of the 49th edition of the International Film Festival of India, Goa, on November 28.
- Mr Salim Khan would be presented with a cash prize of 10 lakh rupees, a certificate and a shawl.
- As the screenwriter, Salim Khan is known for having penned the masterful screenplays of several super-hit films such as Deewar, Zanjeer and many others, and in particular Sholay, one of the greatest hits of Indian cinema.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
ESR, Germany’s Allianz to jointly invest $1 billion in India
- German financial services major Allianz has tied up with logistics developer e-Shang Redwood (ESR) to jointly invest around $1 billion in India’s logistics sector.
- The joint venture will focus on developing large-scale logistics and industrial facilities in eight cities including Chennai, Ahmedabad, Pune and Bengaluru.
- ESR is one of Asia’s largest developers and operators in logistics and warehousing.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Australia lift Women’s World T-20 title for fourth time by defeating England
- Australia has lifted the Women’s World Twenty-20 title for the fourth time.
- In the title clash played at Antigua, the Aussies recorded an emphatic 8-wicket win over England.
- Australia, first, bundled out England for just 105 and then with the bat, Australia overhauled the target in just 15.1 overs with 8 wickets in hand.
- India had lost in the semi-finals against England by 8 wickets.
Mary Kom Becomes First Woman Boxer To Win Six World Championship Titles
- Boxing great M C Mary Kom became the first ever woman boxer to win six World Boxing Championship gold medals.
- In the final of the 48kg event of the 2018 edition in New Delhi, she defeated Ukraine’s Hanna Okhota. The Manipuri had previously beaten Okhota in a tournament in Poland this year.
- The 35-year-old boxer won the bout in a unanimous decision to share the overall record with Felix Savon. The Cuban legend also has six gold medals at World Boxing Championships.
- Savon, who also won three Olympic gold medals during his illustrious career, won six gold and one silver in heavyweight in the World Championships between 1986 and 1989.
- Mary Kom won a silver in the inaugural edition in 2001 and then went on to win a gold each in the next five consecutive editions — 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2010.
India’s 21-yr-old boxer Sonia wins silver in her 1st world c’ship
- Playing in her first AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship, India’s 21-year-old boxer Sonia Chahal won silver medal after losing to Germany’s OG Wahner in the 57-kg category.
- It was India’s seventh silver medal and overall 30th medal in the history of the tournament.
- Earlier, Mary Kom won her record sixth AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship gold medal.
SainaNehwal wins silver at Syed Modi International 2018
- World number nine SainaNehwal bagged silver at Syed Modi International Badminton Championships 2018 after losing to world number 27 Han Yue.
- The 19-year-old Chinese shuttler defeated the 28-year-old Indian 18-21, 8-21 in 34 minutes.
- Saina, who had previously won the tournament in 2009, 2014 and 2015, was competing in her fourth final of the year.
Bhavani Devi becomes first Indian to win gold medal in Senior Commonwealth Fencing Championship in Canberra
- India’s Bhavani Devi won the gold medal in the Sabre event in the Senior Commonwealth Fencing Championship 2018 held in Canberra, Australia.
- Bhavani Devi is the first Indian to win a gold medal in the Commonwealth Championship. She defeated England’s Emily Ruaux 15-12 in the final.
- Earlier, Bhavani Devi won a silver medal in the Tournoi Satellite Fencing Championship in Iceland.
Pant 1st Indian T20I wicketkeeper to get out for golden duck
- Left-handed batsman Rishabh Pant became the first India wicketkeeper to be dismissed for a golden duck in the T20I format after getting dismissed off his very first delivery in the third T20I against Australia.
- Earlier this year, Pant had hit a six as his Test career’s very first scoring shot while making his Test debut in England.
Sameer Verma wins his 2nd straight Syed Modi International title
- World number 16 Sameer Verma defeated world number 36 Lu Guangzu of China in the men’s singles final to win his second straight Syed Modi International Badminton Championship title.
- The 24-year-old Indian shuttler won the match with a scoreline of 16-21, 21-19, 21-14.
- Sameer is the second Indian male shuttler after KashyapParupalli to win the tournament twice.
Lewis Hamilton wins season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Mercedes’ British driver Lewis Hamilton, who had claimed his fifth world championship in October, won the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Hamilton finished ahead of Ferrari’s German driver Sebastian Vettel with Red Bull’s Dutch driver Max Verstappen finishing at the third place.
- Two-time F1 champion, Spain’s Fernando Alonso finished 11th in his farewell Grand Prix.
HarmanpreetKaur named captain of ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI
- India’s batting star Harmanpreet Kaur was named captain of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI, which also featured opener Smriti Mandhana and leg-spinner Poonam Yadav.
- A selection panel of ICC in Dubai picked up the team on the basis of the players’ performances in the tournament, which concluded today with Australia winning the title.
- Three players from England, two from Australia and one each from Pakistan, New Zealand and the Windies have also been named in the eleven.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Kannada actor and former union minister Ambareesh passes away
- Kannada actor and politician Ambareesh has passed away
- He was in the Janata Dal, the JDS and the Congress in his political career that took a hit when he was asked to resign as minister for housing during the previous Siddaramaiah government.
- Ambareesh had served as the Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting from 2006-2007 under former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh but had quit the post over the issue of formation of the Cauvery water dispute tribunal.
- He has won several state government film awards and was bestowed with the honorary doctorate by the Dharwad University.
Former Railway Minister CK JafferSharief passes away
- Former Railway Minister CK Jaffer Sharief passed away at a hospital in Bengaluru. He was 85.
- Sharief was one of the senior most leaders and an MP number of times.