Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
World Malaria Day:
- April 25 is celebrated as World Malaria Day. Malaria is a life-threatening disease which is caused by mosquito bites.
- Malaria is caused by plasmodium parasite and is transmitted in humans through the bite of Anopheles mosquito.
|Theme||Ready to beat malaria|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Railways to hand over century-old heritage Lord Curzon bridge to UP government
- In a bid to save its heritage structures, the Railways has decided against dismantling the 113-year old Lord Curzon Bridge in Allahabad and will hand it over the Uttar Pradesh government for its preservation.
Foreigners can now travel to Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur without a permit:
- The Home Ministry has decided to relax the six-decade-old Protected Area Permit regime from Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur for five years.
- Foreign tourists, except those from Pakistan, China and Afghanistan, will now be allowed to visit some of the most pristine locations of the country which, so far, were out of bounds for them without a special permit.
- Under the Foreigners (Protected Areas) Order, 1958, all areas falling between the Inner line and the International Border of some states were declared as protected areas.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
GI tag for Telangana’s Adilabad dokra, Warangal Dhurries:
- Chennai based Geographical Indication Registry has awarded Geographical Indication (GI) Tag to two more craft forms from Telangana viz. Adilabad dokra and Warangal Dhurries.
- Adilabad Dokra is an ancient bell metal craft whereas Warangal Dhurries is a popular traditional cotton rug.
- It is form of ancient bell metal craft practiced by Woj community native to Adilabad district of Telangana. GI tag is name or sign used on certain products which correspond to specific geographical location or origin.
- The registration of a GI is valid for 10 years after which it needs to be renewed. Violation of GI tags is punishable offence under law. The purpose of GI tag enables stakeholders to authenticate their production while earning a premium and derive an improved livelihood.
Intelligent Traffic Management Solution is testing in Bengaluru:
- Bengaluru Smart City in collaboration with the Electronics City Township Authority (ELCITA) is testing prototype of an intelligent traffic management solution to improve traffic management in the city.
- It aims to provide traffic information that is currently unavailable and help improve management of commuter traffic.
- It involves capturing video streams from several cameras and processing them using artificial intelligence.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai vala|
Government inks $210 million loan agreement with World Bank for Madhya Pradesh Rural Connectivity Project:
- The Union Government, Madhya Pradesh Government and World Bank have signed $210 million loan agreement for Madhya Pradesh Rural Connectivity Project.
- The Project aims to improve durability, resilience and safeties of gravel surfaced rural roads and enhance capacity of state to manage its rural roads network.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
India Signs Loan Agreement With World Bank For US$ 125 Million:
- A Loan Agreement for IBRD credit of US$ 125 (equivalent) for the “Innovate in India for Inclusiveness Project” was signed with the World Bank in New Delhi.
- The Objectives of the project is to nurture indigenous innovation, foster local product development and accelerate commercialization process by bridging critical skill and infrastructure gaps to promote affordable and innovative healthcare products generation for inclusive development and increasing competitiveness in India.
- The closing date of Innovate in India for Inclusiveness project is 30 June, 2023.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, Mongolia to enhance bilateral trade, investments:
- India and Mongolia today discussed economic cooperation in areas such as infrastructure development, energy, services and IT.
- In a joint media briefing with Mongolian Foreign Minister D Tsogtbaatar, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said in Ulaanbaatar that the two countries agreed to explore ways to identify new areas of cooperation in all sectors of mutual interest and to enhance bilateral trade and investments.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Jailed Egyptian Photographer Mahmoud Abu Zeid wins 2018 UNESCO Press Freedom Prize:
- Jailed Egyptian photojournalist Mahmoud Abu Zeid, popularly known as Shawkan, will be awarded United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO) World Press Freedom Prize for year 2018.
- He was arrested in Aug 2013 for covering deadly demonstration at Rabaa Al-Adawiya Square in Cairo (Egypt’s capital) between security forces and supporters of ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
SCO Defence Ministers meeting Started in China:
- India is participating in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Defence Ministers Meeting for the first time.
- The 15th SCO Defence Ministers Meeting was held at Beijing in China on 24 April 2018.
- Speaking at the meeting, Raksha Mantri Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman highlighted India’s keen interest in developing an expanded partnership with the broader Eurasian region.
India’s GDP expected to reach $5 trillion by 2025:
- In the annual Spring Meeting of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg said that India is poised to remain the fastest growing large economy in the world and its GDP is expected to reach $5 trillion by 2025.
- In the absence of Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, Garg is leading the Indian delegation for the annual Spring Meeting of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2018: Mukesh Ambani Ranks 24th:
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani (24th Rank) and human rights lawyer Indira Jaising (20th Rank) have been named by Fortune magazine as the World’s Greatest Leaders of 2018. The Fortune’s 2018 ranking of the 50 Greatest Leaders has architect Balkrishna Doshi.
- This year’s list is topped by ‘The Students’ of Marjory Stoneman Douglas and other schools of US that witnessed gun violence. This year’s list has the #MeToo Movement, which described the pervasiveness of sexual abuse, at No.3 behind Bill and Melinda Gates (2nd Rank).
- The list also includes Apple CEO Tim Cook, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and football coach Nick Saban.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
The Indian Air Force conducted pan India Exercise Gagan Shakti-2018 from 08-22 Apr 2018:
- The Indian Air Force conducted pan India Exercise Gagan Shakti-2018 from 08-22 Apr 2018.
- The aim of the exercise was real time coordination, deployment and employment of air power in a short and intense battle scenario.
- During Gagan Shakti-2018, lAF exercised its entire war fighting machinery to validate its concept of operations and war waging capability.
- The focus of the exercise was to check the viability of our operational plans and learn meaningful lessons.
Sagar Kavach: Coastal security exercise held in Kerala:
- Two-day coastal security exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ to strengthen and assess the loopholes in the coastal security mechanism was held along Kerala coast.
- The exercise saw participation of Indian Coast Guard (ICG), Indian Navy, Coastal Police and Marine Enforcement wing and various other security stakeholders.
- It saw participation of three ships of India Navy, 10 of ICG, four fishing boats, besides 20 coastal police stations from Vizhinjam to Kasaragod.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
In ICC World Cup 2019 schedule India start against South Africa on June 5, play Pakistan on June 16:
- India will open their 2019 World Cup campaign against South Africa on June 5 instead of June 2. The reason behind the change is that the BCCI will have to maintain a mandatory 15-day gap between IPL final and international assignment as per the Lotha Committee recommendation.
- The 2019 World Cup will be held in the UK from May 30 to July 14. The matter was discussed during the ICC Chief Executives Meeting in Kolkata on Tuesday.
India to host Asian weightlifting championship for the first time in 2019:
- India will host the Asian weightlifting championship for the first time in history next year, the national federation announced.
- The championship will also double up as one of the qualifying events for the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
Shahzar Rizvi’s silver opens India’s account at ISSF World Cup:
- World record holder Shahzar Rizvi claimed India’s first medal at the ongoing World Cup organised by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) at Changwon, South Korea.
- He won the silver in the 10 meter air pistol event on day three of the year’s second World Cup. Rizvi missed the gold by 0.2 points to Russia’s Artem Chernousov. Samuil Donkov of Bulgaria won the Bronze.