Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Artist’s Day
- International Artist’s Day is celebrated annually on October 25. Artists work hard to create their work. They add beauty to the world around us. Artists work with many different mediums.
ICRI has declared year 2018 as International Year of the Reef
- International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI) has declared year 2018 as International Year of the Reef (IYOR 2018). It is designed to raise awareness about the threats to coral reefs and the associated ecosystem.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India has most outward migrants in 2017, says ADB report
- Most of the international migrants in 2017 were from India, followed by China and Bangladesh, an Asian Development Bank (ADB) report titled ‘Asian Economic Integration Report 2018’ said. The report further said as many as one third of international migrants were from Asia in 2017.
No Sale Of BS-IV Vehicles Across Country From April 1, 2020:
- The Supreme Court ruled that no Bharat Stage-IV vehicle shall be sold across the country with effect from April 1, 2020. The Bharat Stage VI (BS-VI) emission norm would come into force from April 1, 2020 across the country.
Railway panel to probe Santragachi stampede
- The South Eastern Railway set up a committee headed by J.N. Laldas to inquire into the circumstances which led to the stampede at the Santragachi station in Howrah district of West Bengal.
Sachin Tendulkar gave away prizes to the winners of South Asia Regional WASH innovation in Thimphu
- India’s legend cricketer and UNICEF Ambassador for South Asia, Sachin Tendulkar gave away prizes to the winners of South Asia Regional WASH innovation in Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan. The event was organised by UNICEF in association with BRAC, a Bangladesh based international organisation. The basic aim of the challenge was to identify innovative solutions to promote the practice of hand washing with soap.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Hurricane Willa hits Mexican coast
- Hurricane Willa swept onto Mexico’s Pacific mainland with 195 kph winds, hitting an area of beach towns, fishing villages and farms after roaring over an offshore penal colony.
Paul Biya, won the 7th term as President of Cameroon
- Paul Biya, won the 7th term as President of Cameroon. Paul Biya has been ruling Cameroon since 1982. He is 85 years old. He had won 71.3 % of the ballot in the presidential election. His rival Maurice Kamto came second with 14.2 % of the vote.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Haryana govt to introduce livestock veterinary scheme
- Haryana Government has decided to introduce “Pashu Sanjeevni Sewa” in the state under which free of cost quality veterinary services and health care facilities for the livestock would be made available at the doorstep of livestock farmers through mobile veterinary clinics.
|CM||Manohar lal Kathar|
|Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI Lifts The Ban On Fino Payments Bank To Open New Accounts
- After almost five months of being barred from adding new customers, Fino Payments Bank, one of India’s first payments banks has been allowed to open new accounts by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) after it submitted the compliance report to the central bank.
|Fino Payments Bank Headquarters||Mumbai ,Maharashtra|
Paytm Payments Bank has appointed Satish Kumar Gupta as MD and CEO
- Paytm Payments Bank has appointed Satish Kumar Gupta as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the digital bank. Gupta is the third CEO appointed by Paytm Payments Bank
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Govt appoints Nageshwar Rao as interim CBI director
- The Centre has intervened to stabilise the Central Bureau of Investigation by appointing M Nageswar Rao as the interim Director, CBI. Rao is presently the Joint Director, CBI. He is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the 1986 batch. He joined the CBI in 2016.
Facebook has hired former British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg to lead its global affairs and communications team
- Facebook has hired former British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg to lead its global affairs and communications team. The appointment makes Clegg the most senior European politician ever in a leadership role in Silicon Valley. In March, the company faced new scrutiny over how it protects personal information after acknowledging that the data of up to 87 million people ended up in the hands of political consultancy Cambridge Analytica.
Rohini Bopanna Appointed Hockey’s International Technical Official
- Hockey India congratulated Rohini Bopanna on being promoted as FIH International Technical Official by the FIH Officials Committee.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: COMMITTEE
Centre constitutes 4-member GoM to crackdown on workplace sexual harassment
- The Bharatiya Janata Party-led central government constituted a four member Group of Ministers headed by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh “to strengthen the legal and institutional frameworks to deal with and prevent sexual harassment at workplace.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
PM Narendra Modi awarded 2018 Seoul Peace Prize
- Seoul Peace Prize Committee has decided to confer 2018 Seoul Peace Prize on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He is the fourteenth recipient of this award. The award will be presented to him by Seoul Peace Prize Foundation at mutually convenient time.
Invest India wins UN Award for excellence in promoting investments in sustainable development
- Invest India, the country’s investment promotion body, has won United Nations (UN) Award for excellence in promoting investments in sustainable development. The award was presented by Armenian President Armen Sarkissian to CEO of Invest India Deepak Bagla at the World Investment Forum, Geneva.
Tezpur University professor bags INSA Teachers Award
- Tezpur University professor Ashis Mukherjee has been awarded the prestigious “Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Teachers Award (2018)” for his consistent and high-level of teaching, and inspiring and mentoring students to take up careers in Science and Technology.
Haryana girl Nishtha Dudeja won the Miss Deaf Asia 2018
- Haryana girl Nishtha Dudeja won the Miss Deaf Asia 2018 title at an international pageant held in Prague. He is the first Indian to have won any title at the Miss Deaf World Pageant. She is the brand ambassador for Sivantos India Pvt Ltd. (Formerly Siemens hearing Instruments Pvt Ltd.), the world’s leading brand of hearing aids. She had also participated in Deaflympics 2013 (held in Sofia, Bulgaria), World Deaf Tennis Championship 2015 (held in Nottingham, UK) and Deaflympics 2017 (held in Samsun, Turkey).
M.S. Swaminathan to be awarded World Agriculture Prize
- Agricultural scientist M.S. Swaminathan will receive the first World Agriculture Prize instituted by the Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) in New Delhi. The prize will be presented by Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu at Vigyan Bhawan at a special session, named Swaminathan Global Dialogue on Climate Change and Food Security organised by the Indian Council of Food and Agriculture.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, Iran, Afghanistan hold first trilateral on Chabahar port project
- The first trilateral meeting between India, Afghanistan and Iran of Coordination Council of Chabahar Agreement was held in Tehran, capital city of Iran. India, Iran and Afghanistan in May 2016, had signed agreement which entailed establishment of transit and transport corridor among three countries using Chabahar Port as one of regional hubs.
Cabinet okays BRICS nations’ pact on cooperation in social, labour sphere
- The Union Cabinet approved an agreement signed among BRICS nations for cooperation in the social and labour sphere. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for the Memorandum of Understanding among India, Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa, regarding cooperation in the social and labour sphere.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
STAPCOR 2018: International Conference on Status and Protection of Coral Reefs held at Bangaram Island, Lakshadweep
- International Conference on Status and Protection of Coral Reefs (STAPCOR – 2018) was held at Bangaram Island, Union Territory of Lakshadweep from 22nd to 24th October, 2018. The theme of the conference was “Reef for Life”. It was inaugurated by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 opens in New Delhi
- The Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 opened in New Delhi. The theme of the 2-day summit is, ‘Connecting Farmers to Market’. Inaugurating the summit, Secretary Agriculture and Co-operation Sanjay Agrawal said, several measures are being taken to double farmers’ income by 2022.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Benyamin bags India’s richest book prize
- Benyamin, the author of ‘Jasmine Days’, translated from Malayalam into English by Shahnaz Habib, is the winner of the first edition of the Rs 25 lakh JCB Prize for Literature, India’s richest literary prize.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
PM Modi Launches ‘Main Nahi Hum’ Portal In New Delhi
- Prime Minister Modi said this while interacting with IT professionals in Delhi. He also launched a portal and app, Main Nahin Hum, which will enable IT professionals and organisations to bring their efforts towards social causes and service to society on one single platform.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Coast Guard Training Ship ICGS Varuna Launched
- Anil Ambani-led shipbuilder Reliance Naval and Engineering (RNEL) launched a 3,000-tonne training ship for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG), which will be delivered in May next year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Kohli Becomes Fastest to Reach 10,000 Runs in History of ODI Cricket
- Virat Kohli is now the fastest man in the history of ODI cricket to reach 10,000 runs. The Indian skipper reached the landmark on his way to his 37th ODI ton in the Vizag ODI against the West Indies. He has reached the 10,000-run mark in 205 innings, which is 54 fewer than ‘Master Blaster’ Sachin Tendulkar who held the record earlier.
Dwayne Bravo retires from international cricket
- All-rounder Dwayne Bravo announced his retirement from international cricket on Wednesday (October 24. The 35-year-old, who last represented the Windies in September 2016, played a grand total of 270 internationals and played a starring role in each of their two World T20 triumphs in 2012 and 2016.
North East Olympics begins in Imphal
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh declared open the first edition of North East Olympic Games 2018 at Main Stadium Khuman Lampak Sports Complex, Imphal.
Spain’s Marc Marquez won MotoGP world champion for the fifth time
- Spain’s Marc Marquez won MotoGP world champion for the fifth time in six years in the Japanese MotoGP. Honda factory rider becomes the youngest rider to win five premier class titles. Marquez’s Repsol Honda teammate Cal Crutchlow of Britain finished second.