Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM releases commemorative postage stamp on Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna:
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, released a commemorative postage stamp on former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Late Shri Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna
- While releasing the commemorative postage stamp, PM Modi mentioned about Mr. Bahuguna’s contributions in the education sector and development in the hilly areas of India.
- Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna was the 9th Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. He held office from November 8, 1973 to November 29, 1975.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Kim, Moon to meet at military demarcation line:
- North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-un and the South’s president Moon Jae-in will meet at the military demarcation line that divides the peninsula before their summit on Friday, Seoul said, in an occasion laden with symbolism.
- Moon will greet his visitor at the concrete blocks that mark the border between the two Koreas in the demilitarised zone, the chief of the South’s presidential secretariat Im Jong-seok said.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Kerala CM launched Pravasi Pension Scheme:
- Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched Pravasi pension scheme.
- The Pravasi Pension Scheme offers people hailing from Kerala but living outside the state or country, a pension of Rs 2,000 a month.
- People aged over 60 years are eligible for this scheme. To avail this scheme a person has to pay Rs 100 per month.
Bhutia kicks off his ‘Hamro Sikkim’ party:
- Former Indian football captain Bhaichung Bhutia, along with some politicians and professionals from Sikkim, on Thursday announced the formation of their regional party Hamro Sikkim.
- Hamro means ‘ours’ in Nepali language.
||Pawan Kumar Chamling
H.P. to introduce free heli-ambulance services:
- The Himachal Pradesh government today decided to introduce free heli-ambulance services for timely air lifting of patients, particularly in remote and tribal regions of the State, an official statement said.
- In a Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, the setting up of a ‘Health care transformation project – TATA Digital Nerves Centre Platform (DiNC)’ in Kullu district, was also approved.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Govt to acquire RBI’s stake in National Housing Bank:
- The government will soon acquire the stake of Reserve Bank of India in housing finance regulator National Housing Bank (NHB).
- The stake transfer would be cash neutral and there would be no cash outgo. RBI currently holds 100 per cent stake in the NHB.
- The Finance Bill 2018 has amended the National Housing Bank Act, 1987, for transferring RBI’s stake in the NHB to the government.
NSE Launches E-Gsec Platform For Bringing Retail Participation In Government Securities:
- National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has announced the launch of its “e – Gsec” platform for facilitating the non-competitive bidding in Government of India Dated Securities (G-Sec) and Treasury Bills (T-Bills).
- This will allow retail investors to invest in Government Securities and hold them in existing Demat accounts. The non-competitive bidding facility was introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to encourage retail participation in the primary market for Government Securities.
World Bank loan for Biopharma Mission:
- The government has secured a loan of about Rs1,600 crore from the World Bank to develop new vaccines, medical devices and medicines.
- The money will be disbursed over five years and is part of the Department of Biotechnology-led National Biopharma Mission.
- The goal is to have 6 to 10 new products in the next five years and in the process create a slew of jobs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
CSIR bags National Intellectual Property (IP) Award 2018:
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is awarded the National Intellectual Property (IP) Award 2018 in the category “Top R&D Institution / Organization for Patents and Commercialization”.
- Girish Sahni, DG, CSIR and Secretary, DSIR received the award at the hands of Mr. Suresh Prabhu, Hon’ble Minister, Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) is a contemporary R&D organization.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Health Minister J P Nadda chairs high level review meeting on control of vector borne diseases:
- J P Nadda, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, conducted a high level meeting to review the preparedness of the Ministry for prevention and control of vector borne diseases like kalaazar, dengue, malaria and chickungunya in India.
- He directed the officials and Nodal officers to visit kalaazar endemic States of Jharkhand and Bihar immediately and report to him by 2ndMay 2018.
First edition of Cancer Screening Mela organized in Mizoram
- A Cancer Screening Mela was organized in Mizoram by the Health Department of Mizoram jointly with Public Foundation of India and National Health Mission under the initiative of Swasth Uttar Purv.
- The Cancer Screening Mela was funded by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) at Kolasib District, Diakkawn YMA Hall in Mizoram.
||‘Come on Mizoram, together let’s beat Cancer’.
CURRENT AGGAIRS: DEFENCE
NDMA conducts mock exercise in North East on earthquake:
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) conducted a mock exercise on earthquake preparedness in three North Eastern States – Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Next ‘Song of Ice and Fire’ book could be out in 2018 by Game of Thrones Author:
- Author George R.R. Martin has announced a new book to be released in November — but fans may be disappointed to learn it’s not the highly anticipated sixth installment of the hit Game of Thrones saga.
- Fire and Blood is set several centuries before Game of Thrones in the same world of Westeros.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
2021 Champions Trophy to be held in India:
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided to convert the 2021 Champions Trophy into a World T20 event scheduled in India.
- Earlier it was an eight-team ODI tournament.
- ICC Chief Executive Dave Richardson said the global body had “unanimously agreed” that the 2021 meet in India would now be a 16-team event in the shortest format.
Gavaskar gets Dhyan Chand award nomination:
- Legendary opener Sunil Gavaskar name has been recommended for Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The BCCI has recommended former India captain Rahul Dravid for the prestigious Dronacharya award.
- Virat Kohli for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna honour.