Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Andhra Pradesh, Telangana to have separate high courts from January 1
- The government of India has released a gazette notification for the bifurcation of the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad into the High Court of Telangana and the High Court of Andhra Pradesh
- The new High Court for Andhra Pradesh will be the 25th High Court in the country.
- The new Andhra HC is expected to function from a temporary structure in the state’s capital till a permanent building is set up at the ‘Justice City’ being planned in Amaravati.
- Justice Ramesh Ranganathan, who is at present the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court, will head the new high court. He will be the first chief justice of the latest high court. It will have 15 judges besides the chief justice.
Centre tightens e-commerce rules
- The government stated that e-commerce companies would be barred from selling products sourced from firms in which they have stake in or control over.
- Commerce Ministry stated that FDI is not permitted in inventory-based model of e-commerce.
- The inventory-based model of e-commerce is when the inventory of goods and services is owned by the e-commerce entity and sold to consumers directly
- The marketplace model is when an e-commerce company simply provides an information technology platform in order to act as a facilitator between the buyer and the seller.
Bhutan PM to visit India
- Bhutan Prime Minister LotayTshering will be on a three-day visit to India
- This is Tshering’s first visit to the country since taking charge last month. The ministers of Foreign Affairs, Economic Affairs and other senior officials will be accompanying the Bhutanese prime minister.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Nepal caps expenditure of its citizens in India
- Nepal imposed a monthly limit on the amount of Indian currency its citizen can spend in India, Nepali citizen would be unable to spend more than 1 lakh per month while paying for goods and services in India and that the decision was taken to address the country’s current account deficit,The policy applicable to prepaid, credit and debit cards of Nepali banks.
- Central bank of Nepal- Nepal Rastra Bank
|PM||Khadga Prasad Oli|
Russian military successfully tests hypersonic missile
- Russia has successfully conducted its final test of a hypersonic glider capable of carrying nuclear warheads
- The weapon, dubbed Avangard, detaches itself from a rocket after being launched and glides back to Earth at speeds faster than the speed of sound.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
L&T Construction bags orders worth Rs 2,360 Crore in Andhra and MP
- The construction arm of infrastructure major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has bagged orders worth nearly Rs. 2,360 Crore for rural development projects
- L&T’s Water and Effluent Treatment and Transportation Infrastructure Business have secured order worth Rs. 1,281 Crore from the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (AP CRDA)
- Another turnkey order worth Rs. 1,076 Crore has been secured by Water and Effluent Treatment Business from the Madhya Pradesh Jal Nigam Maryadit (MPJNM) for the execution of multi village rural water supply schemes in Jabalpur, Narsinghpur, Seoni and Damoh districts of Madhya Pradesh
Maersk unit to open India’s first green warehouse for chemicals in Pune
- PM Terminals Inland Services, a unit of Danish transport giant AP Moller Maersk Group, is to open India’s first environment approved inland container depot (ICD) for handling chemicals in Pune
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has given APM Terminals Inland Services blanket approval to store 35,000 tonnes of chemicals of all types, except explosives and radioactive chemicals.
|Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change||Harsh Vardhan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Madhya Pradeshnotified Kuno as national park
- Madhya Pradesh government to notify Kuno as a ‘national park’ in compliance with the last condition imposed by a Supreme Court-appointed committee for the much awaited ‘translocation of Asiatic lions from Gir in Gujarat.
- State government has declared Kuno National Park with inclusion of an area spread along 404.0758 sq.km in addition to the earlier notified area of 344.686 sq km making a total of 748.7618 sq km area.
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
AtalAyushmanUttarakhandYojana launched in Uttarakhand
- AtalAyushmanUttarakhandYojana’ has been launched in the hill state. Under the scheme, each household in the state will be able to avail medical treatment of up to 5 lakh rupees annually.
- The scheme will benefit 23 lakh households and cover 1,350 critical diseases.Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat distributed scheme-related golden cards to beneficiaries.
|CM||Trivendra Singh Rawat|
|Governor||Baby Rani Maurya|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Depositors of City Co-op Bank allowed to withdraw up to Rs. 5,000 from accounts
- The Reserve Bank of India has modified its directive in the case of the Mumbai-based The City Co-operative Bank, allowing its depositors to withdraw a sum not exceeding Rs. 5,000 of the total balance in every savings bank or current account or any other deposit account, against Rs. 1,000 earlier.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Kuttappa appointed as chief boxing coach
- Dronacharya awardee C AKuttappa has taken over as India’s chief boxing coach at the ongoing national camp.
- Star pugilist VikasKrishan (75kg) was left out from the post following his professional plunge.
- The 39-year-old Kuttappa is credited with shaping some of the country’s most successful boxers such as Vijender Singh, MSuranjoy Singh and Shiva Thapa among others.
IL&FS names retired IAS officer Bijay Kumar as deputy MD
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) has appointed retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) official Bijay Kumar as deputy managing director of the company.
- The company has also appointed N Srinivasan as a non-executive director of the company.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
SitaristManju Mehta gets TansenSamman
- Sitar player Manju Mehta has been conferred with the ‘TansenSamman’ for 2018 by the Madhya Pradesh government for her contribution in the field of music. She was given a cash award of Rs. 2 lakh and a memento.
- The Tansen Music Festival is organised every year by the MP culture department in the memory of Tansen, one of the greatest artists in Indian history.
- Meanwhile, the ‘Raja MansinghTomar Honour’ was given to the SankatMochanPratishthan in Varanasi for 2017 and the NatrangPratishthan of New Delhi for 2018.
DIPP Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge Awards Presented
- As part of the SwachhtaPakhwada held from 1stto 15th November, 2018, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) organized a Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge
- The 1stPrize money for the Swachch Bharat Grand Challengewas Rs. 2 lakh and 2nd Prize, Rs. 1 lakh along with acertificate of appreciation.
Sector – Air
|1st Prize||Maclec technical project laboratory pvt. Ltd|
Sector – Sanitation
Altersoft Innovations India Private Limited
Sector – Waste
|1st Prize||Sanshodhan An E-Waste Exchange Private Limited|
Sector – Water
|1st Prize||REVY Environmental Solutions Pvt Ltd|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: COMMITTEE
BimalJalan to head expert panel on Economic Capital Framework
- The central bank constituted a six-member committee headed by former Governor BimalJalan with former secretary Rakesh Mohan as the vice chair.
- Panel to decide on appropriate size of reserves to be maintained by RBI
- The panel will include Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg and RBI Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan,Bharat Doshi and SudhirMankad who are members of the central board of the RBI, will be other two members of the expert committee on Economic Capital Framework
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Coast Guard deploys faster vessels for enhanced security in Sir Creek with Pakistan
- To enhance surveillance capabilities and protect against any infiltration activities from the Pakistan side in the Sir Creek area, the Indian Coast Guard today deployed two new hovercrafts at its new facility in Jakhau in Gujarat.
- Sir Creek area in the Kutch district of Gujarat has been used by the infiltrators from Pakistan to enter the Indian Territory. The Creek has been a contentious issue between India and Pakistan.
- The hovercraft operate at high speeds between 30-40 knots (around 50-60 kilometres) per hour and can be highly useful in hot pursuit of any suspicious boat or individuals in the waters
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Ricky Ponting Inducted Into ICC Hall of Fame
- Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting became the 25th player from his country to be inducted into the ICC hall of fame
- Ponting was named in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame along with former India captain Rahul Dravid and England woman wicketkeeper-batter Claire Taylor during the ICC Annual Conference in Dublin in July
- He was received his commemorative cap from compatriot ICC Cricket Hall of Famer Glenn McGrath during the tea break on the opening day of the third Test against India at the MCG.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Padma Shri awardee SulagittiNarasamma passes away
- Renowned social worker and Padma Shri awardee SulagittiNarasamma passed away.She had helped deliver more than 15,000 babies in Krishnapura, a remote village in Pavagadataluk in Karnataka.
- Narasamma had been conferred with the Padma Shri by President Ram NathKovind on March 20, 2018, Narasamma was conferred an honorary doctorate by the Tumkur University in 2014.