Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has announced that he is changing the name of “BFR” rocket to “Starship.
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has announced that he is changing the name of “BFR” rocket to “Starship.”This rocket aims to carry people to the Moon and also to the Mars one day. BFR was referred as the “Big Falcon Rocket.” The rocket is 387-foot tall. It has a first stage with engines and fuel systems, which will be called the “Super Heavy.”Passengers will ride in the second stage of “Starship”. The estimated cost of the rocket system is USD 5 billion.
Morocco launched the second earth observation satellite “Mohammed VI-B” recently
- Arianespace launches Morocco’s second earth observation satellite named Mohammed VI-B, developed by Thales Alenia Space and Airbus from French Guiana. Morocco’s first satellite named Mohammed VI-A was launched on 8th November 2017 by Vega rocket from Kourou space center. Mohammed VI-B is the second satellite of Morocco’s ambitious space program- the first in Africa. The satellite is named after Mohammed VI, King of Morocco who launched this ambitious space program in 2013. The satellite will be used for mapping, Agricultural monitoring, land surveying, monitoring changes in the environment and desertification as well as border and coastal surveillance.
12th World Congress on Mountain Medicine 2018 has started in Kathmandu
- The 12th World Congress on Mountain Medicine 2018 has started in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal on November 21. The theme of 4 day congress is “Mountain Medicine in the Heart of the Himalayas”. The biennial event mainly focuses on science and research aspects of high altitude medicine. It will also include practical workshops related to trekking, expedition medicine and clinical education.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
IIT-Hyderabad researchers developed smartphone-based system to detect adulteration in milk.
- Researchers at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad, have develop smartphone-based system to detect adulteration in milk.The detector system measures acidity in milk using an indicator paper that changes colour according to acidity. They have also developed algorithms that can be incorporated on to a smartphone to accurately detect the colour change.
The Indian subsidiary of Denmark-based Grundfos is to set up its third pump production unit by 2020 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Indian subsidiary of Denmark-based Grundfos is to set up its third pump production unit by 2020 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It plans to set it up in a State which would offer approvals on fast track. Despite the invitations from several States to the Grundfos, it said that it has ‘natural tendency’ to establish the unit in Tamil Nadu as it possessed 15 acres of land near Chennai.
|PM||Lars Løkke Rasmussen|
Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) signed a memorandum of understanding with the IIM Calcutta Innovation Park to help facilitate incubation of start-ups primarily in the Eastern and North Eastern states
- The Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) signed a memorandum of understanding with the IIM Calcutta Innovation Park to help facilitate incubation of start-ups primarily in the Eastern and North Eastern states. It will primarily be focusing on developing start-up ecosystems that make a socio-economic impact in the eastern and north eastern states. This will help start-up entrepreneurs access ICC’s member network.
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
|Governor||Keshari Nath Tripathi|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION
Nahid Afrin was appointed as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the north eastern region by UNICEF
- Popular Assamese singer, Nahid Afrin was appointed as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the north eastern region by the United Nations Children’s Fund, (UNICEF) to fight for child rights at an event held in Guwahati. Nahid Afrin from Biswanath Chariali, Assam made her playback debut in 2016 in the Bollywood film Akira, starring Sonakshi Sinha and won several awards.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Nicolas Orellana, Yaseen Noorani won a International James Dyson award 2018 for designing a ‘Urban wind turbine’ called O-Wind Turbine
- The prestigious International James Dyson award 2018 was won by Nicolas Orellana of Chile and Yaseen Noorani from Kenya for their innovative design ‘Urban wind turbine’ called O-Wind Turbine. It would help cities to harness energy to produce electricity and was inspired from NASA’s Mars Tumbleweed Rover. It is a sphere shaped object with vents that spins and converts the power of the wind into electricity. This can either be used as a direct source of power or it can be fed into the electricity grid.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
India will host 2019 Union World Conference on Lung Health
- The International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) released the agenda to host the 4-day 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health in Hyderabad on 30 October – 2 November 2019.
|Theme||Ending the Emergency: Science, Leadership, Action|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India and Nepal decided to set up a hotline to ensure effective coordination to combat smuggling
- India and Nepal decided to set up a hotline to ensure effective coordination to combat smuggling, improve border management and facilitate trade. It was decided at the 2-day-19th annual Indo-Nepal Director General-level talks in Kathmandu which held on November 19-20, 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAMS
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched month-long Nari Sashaktikaran Sankalp Abhiyan or Women Empowerment campaign in Lucknow
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched month-long Nari Sashaktikaran Sankalp Abhiyan or Women Empowerment campaign in Lucknow. It is aimed to empower women in the state through various programmes including education, self-employment, health, cleanliness, nutrition. For the awareness of the campaign, women officers and female staff of the state government will go door-to-door in villages to educate women about the schemes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP
Google’s Next Billion Users (NBU) team announced the national roll-out of its Neighbourly app in Delhi and Bangalore.
- Google’s Next Billion Users (NBU) team announced the national roll-out of its Neighbourly app in Delhi and Bangalore. It will help people by sourcing local information from their neighbors about their neighbourhood in an easier way.The full-fledged app offers services in 8 vernacular languages and is a targeted app with a geographic radius between 1 to 5 km. The initial phase was tested in Mumbai, followed by Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Mysuru, Vizag, Kochi and Coimbatore. Henceforth more Indian cities like Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, and Kolkata would be covered.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Andhra Pradesh topped the list of states with the highest employability
- As per the 6th edition & 2019 version of India Skills Report, Andhra Pradesh topped the list of states with the highest employability followed by Rajasthan and Haryana. Andhra Pradesh is one of the preferred hiring destinations in India, with the highest employability in India. Employability has risen to 47%, with female employability at 46% and male participation at 48%. It is high in B.Tech/ B.E. whereas that of MBAs are low.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Sandeep Michael (37), the former international hockey player, has passed away
- Sandeep Michael (37), the former international hockey player, has passed away in Bangaluru, Karnataka on 23 November 2018.
/ 5. Reviews