Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL.
All Indian airports set to install body scanners from 2019
- Airports in India will be able to use body scanners from next year and spare “clean” passengers physical frisking.
- The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) is soon going to come out with technical specifications of these scanners and then airports can install and machines meeting those norms.
- The scanners to be used in India will be customised for Indian ‘conditions’ so that it can penetrate the layers of clothes unique to the country.
Centre extends deadline for update National Register of Citizens (NRC)
- The Centre has given an extension of six months to complete the ongoing exercise for updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam by June 30.
- The Registrar General of India Sailesh stated that the decision has been taken as the exercise to enumerate citizens in the NRC, a list of Assam’s residents, could not be completed within the specified date of December 31, 2018.
Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation of 11 projects for Yamuna Rejuvenation
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone of 11 projects for Yamuna Rejuvenation under Namami Gange Programme in New Delhi.
- These projects under Yamuna Action Plan III are located in three drainage zones namely Kondli, Rithala and Okhla in Delhi.
Milk output likely to cross 180 million tonnes in FY19
- The country’s milk production is expected to surpass the 180-million tonne mark in the current financial year
- The government has increased export subsidies to 20 per cent,these benefits are likely to be extended through March 2019,
- India is the largest producer of milk followed by the United States of America.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Maharashtra government launchedAtalBihari Vajpayee International Schools
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched the Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee International School on the occasion of 94th birth anniversary of the late prime minister
- The school is affiliated to the Maharashtra International Education Board (MIEB), which the state government had set up with an aim to achieve higher education standards.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Government to infuse Rs. 28,615 crore in 7 PSBs
- The government is likely to infuse Rs 28,615 crore into seven public sector banks (PSBs) through recapitalisation bonds by the end of this month.
- Out of these seven PSBs, Bank of India is likely to get the highest amount of Rs 10,086 crore, followed by Oriental Bank of Commerce, which might get Rs 5,500 crore through recapitalisation bonds,
- Bank of Maharashtra Rs. 4,498 crore, UCO Bank Rs. 3,056 crore and United Bank of India Rs. 2,159 crore.
Foreign Direct Investment in non-conventional energy sector touches $ 3.2 billion
- According to the Department of Industrial Policy and PromotionForeign Direct Investment in the non-conventional energy sector totalled $ 3,217.43 million in the April 2015 to June 2018 period.
- Renewable Energy Capacity reaches about 74GW as on November
- As per Global Status Report-2018 of REN21 (Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century), India ranked 5th in Renewable Power Capacity (including hydropower) and 4th (not including hydropower) as of end 2017
Fiscal deficit touches 115% of Budget estimate in the first eight months
- The Centre’s fiscal deficit has exceeded 114 per cent of the Budget estimate over the first eight months of the current fiscal
- The government spent over 16.31 lakh crore in April-November, more than 66 per cent of the Budget estimate. At the same time, it earned only about Rs.9 lakh crore during the period, nearly 49 per cent of the Budget estimated
- Fiscal deficit target of 3.3 per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the current fiscal from 3.53 per cent of the previous year.
7th tranche of electoral bonds sale to kick off from January 1
- Finance Ministry state that the seventh tranche of electoral bonds sale will take place from January 1-10
- The government notified the Electoral Bond Scheme in January this year. Electoral bonds are being pitched as an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of efforts to bring transparency in political funding
- Registered political parties that have secured not less than 1 per cent of the votes polled in the last election of the LokSabha or legislative assembly will be eligible to receive electoral bonds.
- SBI is the only authorised bank to issue such bonds. A person can buy electoral bonds, either singly or jointly, with other individuals.
- An electoral bond will be valid for 15 days from the date of issue. No payment would be made to any payee political party if the bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period
- The bonds are issued in multiples of 1000, 10000, 1lakh, 10 lakh, 1 crore
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Tourism Ministry Signs MOU to Develop a Mobile Audio Guide App for Five Iconic Sites
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism K J Alphons handed over a Memorandum of Understanding to Resbird Technologies under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project for the development of a mobile audio guide application for five iconic sites.
- The five iconic sites for which the mobile Audio Guide App is to be developed are Amer Fort (Rajasthan), Kaziranga (Assam), Colva Beach (Goa), Kumarakom (Kerala) and Mahabodhi Temple (Bihar).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
NITI Aayog released second Delta Ranking of Aspirational districts
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant released the Second Delta Ranking of the Aspirational Districts Programme.
- The ranking measures the incremental progress made by 111 Aspirational districts during June to October this year across six key development sectors. The development areas include health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion, skill development, and basic infrastructure.
- Top three districts in the ranking of Aspirational districts
- Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu), Naupada (Odisha) and Sidharthnagar (Uttar Pradesh)
- Three least improved Aspirational districts
- Pakur (Jharkhand), Hailakandi (Assam) and Chatra (Jharkhand)
|Sector||Most improved district||Least improved district|
|Education||Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu)||Pakur (Jharkhand)|
|Health and nutrition||Chitrakoot (Uttar Pradesh)||Chatra (Jharkhand)|
|Agriculture and water resources||Sitamarhi (Bihar)||Giridih (Jharkhand)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
12th Annual ISDSI Conference held in SPJIMR, Mumbai
- 12th Annual Indian Subcontinent Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI) conference commenced in SPJIMR, Mumbai.
- The 12th ISDSI conference at SPJIMR will brings leading researchers and practitionerstogether in the decision sciences area and promises to throw up many interesting ideas and discussions.
- The theme of Conference ‘Data Driven Decision Making at the Digital Age’
- SPJIMR- S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
26th National Children’s Science Congress held in Bhubaneswar
- The National Children’s Science Congress is an endeavour to inculcate the spirit of scientific research among the children
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated 26th edition of National Children’s Science Congress in Bhubaneswar.It is for the second time that the National Children’s Science Congress is being organized in Odisha. Earlier, the mega event was held in 2015.
- The theme of the NCSC this year — Science, Technology and Innovation for a Clean, Green and Healthy Nation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Indian-American Rajesh Subramaniam Named as FedEx CEO
- Rajesh Subramaniam, an IIT-Bombay graduate from Thiruvananthapuram, has been named as the president and chief executive officer of US multinational courier delivery giant FedEx Express.
- Subramaniam, currently the executive vice president, chief marketing and communications officer of FedEx Corporation,He replaces David L Cunningham
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Madhya Pradesh’s Divya Patidar Joshi crowned Mrs. India 2018 title
- The Mrs. IndiaMy Identity Beauty Pageant 2018 finale was held in Delhi and Divya Patidar Joshi was crowned with the prestigious honour.
- Divya defeated 24 promising contestants and won all the rounds of Beauty with Brain contest along with Best Cat Walk title.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: FESTIVAL
3rd Dwijing Festival begins in Assam
- The 3rd Dwijing Festival starts on the banks of Aie river at Chirangdistrict of Assam
- Adventure sports, food mart, cultural events, traditional games are being organized in the 12 day long event.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Poet Hamidi Kashmiri passed away
- Well-known Urdu poet and former vice-chancellor of the University of Kashmir professor Hamidi Kashmiri passed away
- Kashmiri was a recipient of the Ghalib Award and Sahitya Akademi Award
- The Government of India honoured him in 2010, with the third highest civilian award of Padma Shri.